Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

A thankful thursday post of sorts..

Yesterday, I was in a fairly negative mood. I could blame it on the lack of sleep, or I could just say it was one of those days. Whichever it was...I just needed to step back, breathe a little and realize all the good things instead of focusing on little bits of negativity.

In fact, I had nothing good to say--that I couldn't even bring myself to blog. Typically my posts are up by 8ish AM. But yesterday? I just felt like if I sat down at my computer nothing but yuckiness would poor out. So I decided to forget the 8am post, and left for a full day of errands instead. Heck, I hadn't been out of the house (except to the mailbox) in 2 days. Maybe THAT had something to do with it? Perhaps. [Turns out, I did an afternoon post on my love for tweeting...]

But, I'm so blessed.

My life is really, truly exactly where I want it.

I'm blessed with the most precious little girl.

And I love dragging her around on my bajillion errands.

She is such a champ.

I just needed a little time yesterday to get out. Enjoy the beautiful cooler, crisp weather we've been having. Think about my recent crappy mindset, and re-vamp.

And I did.

Today. I'm feeling great. Perhaps it has to do with the fact that instead of my sleep getting broken up into 5 pieces (due to a cute little chica), it was only broken up into 2.

Either way, I'm thankful. For lots.

Today is a good, good day.

My family is home from Africa. They just landed in New York...and I am going to see their faces and smoosh them with hugs in just a few short hours.

I am elated.

I'm so thankful that so many of you prayed for them. I'm so thankful that they made it home from the 24+ hour journey home. I'm so thankful that they impacted lives while they were there and continued to make true friendships. I am so thankful that they're back in one piece (well, I'm sure part of their hearts are left there), and I'm so excited to hear their stories.

So today...I'll be off welcoming my family back and letting them give Emeline lots of hugs and kisses to make up for the time they've missed.

I'm all sorts of happy today.


12 comments:

  1. Sometimes it just takes getting out and enjoying the absolutely beautiful weather!!
    SO THANKFUL that your family is home safe, they've been in my prayers. Continuing to pray for those lives that they impacted!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing what getting OUT of the house can do for you?! I feel that way, a lot. I'm so happy your family made it home safely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that your family made it home safe and sound! I know that they did a lot of good and I cannot wait to hear about it. I am sorry you were in a funk yesterday, but I'm glad you got out. I get into funky moods when I don't get to go out and enjoy the fresh air and interact with other people. I don't know why it works but it does :) I hope you have a wonderful rest of the week! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had a better night...us mommas need our sleep!!!
    Yay...for family arriving safely home, I know you've missed them greatly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. See how our mood can turned around when get a little bit of perspective. Enjoy your day today girl and that sweet girl and family of yours!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you're in a better mood!!! It's been raining here every day that I haven't gone out in two days either! Finally it dried up and I'm going to venture out for some errands. And instead of taking a cute little girl with me (sooooon!!!) I'll be dragging a 5-lb pup to Petsmart ;) hehe So happy your family is back in the States! The power of prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! So glad they made it back safe and sound!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad today is a better day!!!! AND I'm SOOO glad your family made it home safe and sound. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. smooshing loved ones is the best!!! i smooshed my pups this morning =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you've been able to realign your perspective. Sometimes getting out and doing something is all it takes. I'm so happy that your family is home safely. Enjoy your time with them today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I get that way if I'm cooped up in the house for too long, and I didn't even realize it until a few days ago. I had not left the house in like 4 days and I finally went somewhere and I was in the best mood ever. So glad your family is home safe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I felt the same way yesterday, but today, I'm much better! Sometimes, we all just need a day to get it all in perspective!

    ReplyDelete