Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

4 Months Old


Dear Emeline,

You are 4 months old today, sweet girl.

You are growing so big, and I can hardly remember you as a tiny little newborn anymore. With each day brings so many new things! You truly are a joy to me and your Daddy's life. We are in awe of the little lady you're becoming, and we love the sweet spirit that you have.

This month, you're on a roll. Literally! You roll everywhere. Belly to back, back to belly, all around the house. You graduated from your playmat, because now that you can roll, you really have no interest to lay there and play with dangling toys. You're much too "mature" for that kind of nonsense this month. ;)

You really like the Baby Einstein DVD's and God Made Animals movie. It keeps your attention and you giggle and coo through it.

You take two naps a day. One in the morning about an hour after you get up for about 45min-hour, then another around noon-3pm or so. Sometimes a little cat-nap gets squeezed in there around 5pm. You usually are very ready for bed by 8-8:30pm and get a bath just before then. Bathtime with Daddy still remains your favorite part of the day. You've been sleeping good some nights (7-9 hour stretches), and other nights you only go 4 hours. You like to keep it interesting...that's for sure.

You're very much still in size 2 diapers, and they're even a bit big on you. You wear mostly 0-3 month clothing but a few 3-6 month things are starting to fit, but are swimming on you. We're finding out that we're in this "in between" phase of clothing.

You are 14lbs 6oz, and 24 3/4" long.

You are a drooly-mess all day long. Most people say "oh she's teething"...and it may be the beginning phases, but there are no teeth showing yet.

You're the chattiest girl I know. You talk ALL DAY LONG. It's cute...and exhausting ;) You talk to strangers in the store, you talk to no one, you talk to your toys...you SQUEAL louder then any baby ever (and it can even be ear-shrilling). But, I love you so much and all that crazy personality you have. Wonder where you got that from?

Your favorite song is "Head, Shoulders, Knee's and Toes" and it will ALWAYS....ALWAYS put a smile on your face. You also love "Jesus Loves Me" (sung Mom-Mom's version), and love to give slobbery, wet kisses.

Baby girl...you're only 4 months old and we're just so proud of you, the little person you are, and the beautiful, kind, caring girl you're going to become.

We love you to the moon and back.

Love forever and always,
Momma


How you looked this month:

To see past month-updates, click here.

~*~


23 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that picture with the owl is TOO CUTE! What a precious girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emeline has some of the cutest faces! She's growing so much!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow ... it sure seems that time is flying by! The pictures of her are so sweet. You've got yourself one pretty lady.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy four months Emeline!! You are soo precious and I can tell by reading your mommy's post that you are one loved little girl! And who can blame them....you are tooooo darn cute!! I just love the owl!!! Wish they had one in boy colors :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! 4 months already! So glad you post these and let us see our beautiful little girl growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Connor is a drooly mess as well. Teething? Yah right! They just can't control their saliva until about 6 months. Wrigley loves to follow and lick it up. Gross I know, but I guess that are what dogs are for!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww, I just LOVE these posts!!!!! She's getting so big and cuter with each month!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 4 month birthday Emeline! She is getting big, but she still looks like such a teeny little thing! I am so jealous of her daytime nap routine. Cooper takes about a million 30 minute naps and is usually so cranky when we get home from work that he has to go straight to bed for the night. I have no idea what to do about this. We never get to see him on weekdays. I read that the drooling is becuase they haven't learned to swallow their saliva yet. I do wish that he would learn because it is EVERYWHERE! How do you do her collage at the end of each month? Do you use a special application? I love that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 4 Month Birthday Emeline! She is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It seems like just yesterday you announced that she was born! It's crazy how fast they grow! Happy 4months sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It seems like just yesterday you announced that she was born! It's crazy how fast they grow! Happy 4months sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so sweet....I really need to get on the ball and write some letters to poor Jamie. Love all the pictures...I think I need to hire you to be our personal photographer! Either that or I need to get a new camera...can you say Christmas list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. SOOOOO CUTE! I must say that I'm lucky to have the most adorable niece EVER!!! Great Post KATE!!

    BTW - There is one picture in the face shots that look a little like Ian ... just a little. So cute. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. AWWWW! Happy four months sweet girl!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This post is so sweet. She is beautiful! Happy 4 months Emeline!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love her with her little owl! Adorable! And I LOVE that little photo collage and how you featured her drool-haha! Adorable! I wish I was adorable when I drool. She's so precious! Happy 4 months to her!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love her with her little owl! Adorable! And I LOVE that little photo collage and how you featured her drool-haha! Adorable! I wish I was adorable when I drool. She's so precious! Happy 4 months to her!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, time flies! I can't believe summer is nearly over and she's already 4 months old. She's still cute as a button.

    Your new header is precious btw.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aww! She's getting so big! And cuter, if that's possible. Those blue eyes are killer.

    ReplyDelete
  20. She is ADORABLE!!!! She just keeps getting even more cute!

    ReplyDelete
  21. She is SOOO cute! Happy 4 months! Love your new header, too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love that's a talker. I so wanna talk with her! I'll even tolerate the shrill screams!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy 1/3 Birthday, Emeline!

    The teething comment has been driving me soooo crazy! I just want to say, she is a baby, she drools, this doesn't mean teeth!

    ReplyDelete