Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

Banana Bread Baby

After talking about my September goals yesterday...I figured, what the heck...let's get started right away. Baking was on our Thursday bucket-list.

...and chocolate chip banana bread it was.

First up, I needed my assistant, Emeline to be present and ready to get working.

Once she heard chocolate was involved, she obliged.


The laptop is completely necessary for a few reasons. 1. The recipe I use is from here. and 2.Twitter updates and such are always fun.

Next...ripe, ripe (almost to the point of "ewwww!") banana's are a MUST.

[Truthfully, the darker, the sweeter---the sweeter, the better...]


Next up, get ingredients together:
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 4 ounces butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
****

First, cream the butter and sugar.

Then, beat in the mashed banana's egg's and vanilla:


Then, mix in the dry ingredients. [Flour, baking soda, salt...]

The best part is next....

Fold in the chocolate chips:


Then, spray your bread pan/dish with pam or non-stick spray, and flour the heck out of the thing:


Pour your yummy-yummy banana chocolately goodness into above dish:


Pop in the oven, uncovered at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 5 minutes.

Then...

Look around and sigh in disbelief at the mess that is your kitchen.
[I am the messiest.baker.ever.]


Sweeten up the mood by licking the spatula for a little sugar high, and give your assistant-baker a kiss on the cheek:


After the cook time, let your bread cool for a while.

Pop it out of the pan and onto a plate...

slice and EAT.

You will love....


Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.

This is one of the only things (other then my apple pie) that I feel remotely comfortable baking.

Happpppppppy FRIDAY (and long weekend!)

~*~

ps: added a bunch of adult headbands to my Etsy shop yesterday too! I was on a roll with my goals yesterday, eh?


27 comments:

  1. I want to try baking banana bread this season - maybe this'll be the recipe I use because it seems so easy! (And looks delicious!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great!!

    (also, i love your tile backsplash!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy! I'll have to try it tomorrow :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eme looks pumped to be helping out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks good! I may have to try this out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I just gained 5 lbs by reading this post. And I loved every second of it...totally making this recipe this weekend since I'm off work...Praise the LORD! Happy weekend, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so going to make this today to kick off my Fall! :) And you really have the cutest assistant ever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this looks like the most delicious thing in the world!!! (next to that sweet baby in the bumbo, of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just baked this for our company this weekend. It's one of my favs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. here's a fun tip to make your banana bread extra sweet. It's a favorite of mine, and all of my friends say it's "my thing" for baking it - sprinkle, as much as your want, cinnamon & sugar mix over the top of the bread before you bake it. It leaves a delicious crust on the top and tastes AMAZING :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I looove chocolate chip banana bread. And I, too, am the messiest baker. Looks yummy. Hope you shared a little banana with your adorable assistant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. good for you!!!! :) it looks delicious!! i love emeline sitting in her bumbo on the table. so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Look delicious. I love banana nut bread and have an awesome recipe for it, but now I have to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. True story...Banana Nut Bread is the only Banana allowed near my face. I am so looking forward to being off this diet so I can try this!!! Looks SO good!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Chocolate AND banana...Hmmm...I'll take your word for it. ;)

    Where did you find that giant box of Goldfish crackers???

    ReplyDelete
  16. YUM YUM YUM AND YUM! I'm totally stealing this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mannnn that looks good. I love banana bread. Chocolate would just make it that much better.
    If it makes you feel any better, I am probably a messier baker than you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. YUM YUM YUM! That looks good, but I really only want to try it if it comes with that cute ass baby in the background holding her little precious hands together!!! Oh Katie, too much cuteness! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  19. B saw me reading this post and asked who it was. I told him it was the sweet girl who sent me the cute shirts for the boys. :) I showed him how adorable you and Emeline are and he even chuckled at that picture of EmeKay. Then I showed him the picture of your kitchen and after agreeing that we LOVE your backsplash, we also agreed that you and I have something else in common...our kitchen messiness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This really makes me want to make some right now! Wish I had remembered bananas at the store!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love banana bread! A good tip is to put your bananas in the freezer when they get to that eww point and when you thaw them out they are really ewww but they make the best most moist banana bread! I bought about 12 lbs of fresh bananas for my daughter's baby food before I knew she didn't like them and so I just let them get to the gross point then froze them...heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yum!! I love banana bread, but I've never tried it with chocolate chips. It looks delicious, so I'll have to try it sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yum! Surprisingly, I've never had chocolate chips in my banana bread. So, I'm definitely going to be making it this way!

    ReplyDelete