Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

If you knew....

[I saw this on a few other blogs, and totally ripped it off you. Thanks!]

If you really knew me:


-You'd know that I never paint my fingernails. Toenails? Yes. Fingernails? No. If I ever do paint my fingernails, I almost start peeling the polish off immediately, and then it just irritates me. So, it's better left au naturale.

-On that same note, I'm a nail biter in recovery. I used to bite my nails a ridiculous amount, mostly out of boredom (in college classes and what not), or out of nervousness. When I started taking my pre-natal vitamins a few months before I got pregnant, my nails grew so nice. I started being better about not biting them off right away. Now? I don't bite nearly as much, if ever. Possibly because now that I have a child, I simply don't have nail-biting time. :)

-I didn't love college, and in fact....if I didn't HAVE to go because ahem, being a teacher means you need to be educated (go figure?), then I probably wouldn't have. I know that sounds bad, but I really just hate homework and useless information. Sad, but true. Amazingly enough, here I sit only 2 measly classes away from my masters degree. Shocking to even me.

-My first car was a mint green Toyota Tercel, and they don't even make the darn car anymore. Probably because after a few years of use, the car turns into a tractor (or sounds like one).

-My next car was the cuuutest, shiny, new Volkswagon Jetta in a dark green with tan leather interior. I felt like a little diva in that car and seriously...thinking about it now? I loved. Like, a lot. Sadly, one February morning on my long drive to my first year of teaching, I got absolutely pummeled into by an ignorant lady in a Toyota Sequoia big-arse SUV. It was an extremely serious accident, actually. However, I walked away (aka: jumped out of the back seat door b/c my drivers door was smashed in) with nothing but a messed up lip, bruised chest, and beat up knee. If things had been only a foot to two-feet different, it's totally possible I would not have walked away at all. [Ps: Now that I'm typing this, it would make for a great post because that lady was reee-dic and so.very.mean to me after almost killing me. It was her fault, too. Biotch.]

-I listen to the same playlist of music every.single.morning. I 'blame' the baby (because, I!swear! it helps her take her first nap better), but that's complete bee-ess. I just like it and hearing a mix of Jack Johnson, Shawn McDonald and Colbie Caillat make me happy on any given day.

-I used to have a shopping problem. Okay, it wasn't diagnosed or anything...but ohmigosh, I could shop and loved-me some clothes. In fact, I probably blew many-a-paycheck on clothing, and only clothing. This was all pre-marriage. Getting married whipped me into shape real fast. I wasn't the only one looking at the bank account anymore and had a husband who didn't quite let me get away with that kind of behavior. Looking back, I was oh so foolish.

-I am extremely fearful my Etsy shop will be a big.fat.fail. I did so good selling them without the shop, and now that it's open...and only had one sale (thanks becky!)...I'm getting worried. My secret hopes of being a mommy-millionaire are quickly coming to an end. [Kidding aside, I never did expect to become a millionaire off of headbands. I'm not an idiot. But? To make a little side money to give me any chance of staying home again next year? Yea. Sure.] Now that my craft room is almost fully made-over and a much more inspiring work-space, I'll be adding more things to my shop, and possibly pairing up with my sweet sister to make some fabulous combo's.

-I never shower daily. There. I said it. I'm an every-other-dayer. You grossed out yet? Honestly...it's mainly because of my hair. I do NOT like to wash, dry, and 'do' my hair every.single.time. I just don't have the time or energy. Also...I dread, no, loathe the after-shower 'get ready' routine. It is quite possibly one of my top 10 most dreaded to-do's. Besides, I have dry hair and washing every single day just isn't a good thing. Making exuses for my poor'ish hygeine? Maybe.


Have a happy Wednesday!

25 comments:

  1. If these girls give me some time later I might just rip this off from you :)

    I think your Etsy shop is awesome and I'm sure it will do great. If I could convince B to wear headbands I will SO order from you, they are all too cute. But for some reason both of my girls were born with some weird aversion to hats/headbands. The second I put a hat on B's head she FLIPS.OUT. S was the same way. It's really bizarre. Headbands get an even worse reaction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow your blog all the time. I was wondering if you could possibly make a flower headband with Auburn University colors. Navy and orange.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Margaret-you have no email or way for me to get back to you...so hopefully you see this! I definitely could! Either email me at EmeKaycreatives@hotmail.com or convo me on etsy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can TOTALLY relate to your last paragraph!!!!!!
    Girl, give it some time and I know your Etsy shop is going to be a huge success!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just ordered two of your headbands! I cannot wait to get them - they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like we are quite similar! I never paint my fingernails either. I never have, it just peels right off and then I get mad so I would rather just not deal with it! I also used to bite my nails and sometimes still catch myself, but I am getting better.

    And to say I have a shopping problem is an understatement. It is one of the only things I worry about with merging our bank accounts once we are married!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love painted fingernails but i do the same thing... start picking it off 24 hours after i've put it on (or less!) so i rarely waste my time putting it on.

    also, i do take a shower everyday but i definitely do not wash my hair everyday. it would be impossible so i just don't. every other or every third day for the hair. haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved this post! I hear you about the shopping...after being engaged and saving for a wedding I feel that I have to justify my purchases..really helps to cut back!

    I sometimes go up to 5 days without washing my hair (as long as it doesn't look greasy)..how's that for icky? But I too hate the whole blow dry, and styling hair routine! Plus it is better for you hair!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can I just tell you how much I love your blog. Pretty sure yours is one of my top 3 favorites! I always get excited when I see that you've updated. I loooove these posts, I've seen a few on other people's blogs and they're just SO real and genuine. I love learning these things about y'all! I'm about to head over to your etsy shop to check it out...hopefully I can order some things when I get paid :) Happy Hump Day, dear! Keep up the good blogging work :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl dont worry about not showering every day. I'm also an every other day showerer and hair professionals say youre not supposed to wash your hair every day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So don't tell anyone...but it's Wednesday.

    And I haven't showered since Monday morning.

    Ssshhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Girl, I can go daaayyysss without washing my hair. I believe it's a talent. I was too tired/lazy to shower last night, but I didn't sleep well. At all. I, like you, hate blow drying and straightening my hair, but I don't like wearing it up either lol I wonder what's going to happen when the baby comes?! Your Etsy shop will be a huge success, it just takes time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are totally soul sisters and need to meet in real life - stat! The first car I drove was a white toyota tercel (strip down model, meaning no radio, no A/C, and no trunk light!) and it DOES sound like a tractor after awhile!

    I also only shower every other day for the same reason - washing my hair daily (or even wetting it that much) makes it look crazy greasy.

    And I totally want to feature your Etsy shop on my blog - I will be emailing you about this soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. i am TOTALLY an every-other-day showerer too!! hate the way my hair does if i wash it every day, and literally cannot stand shower caps.

    i'm too scared of my etsy shop failing to even start one...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ugh, I hate the whole showering routine too. I do shower every work day, but because I get up and then right in the shower it seems easier. On the weekends when I take my time and eat breakfast, watch some tv, etc. I have the worst time showering. If I shower all it's usually around 5 or 6pm. I used to wish I was Sabrina the witch and could snap my fingers and be fully showered and dressed, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I never, ever paint my nails either. EVER.

    I'm off to tweet about your etsy shop!

    ReplyDelete
  17. If we were having a little girl one of the first things I was going to do was buy a headband from your shop. bummer. :( But I'm sure you will be a huge success. They are so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm the same way about my bare finger and painted toe nails.

    And I'm lifting that etsy site up in prayer for you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Etsy will not be a fail at all... I am geared up and ready to purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm the same way about my nails, usually. Except I painted them this morning...because I bought a new color, and I chewed down my nails, so they needed some 'prettiness' added to them. I'm sure the polish won't last long, though. I, too, am a picker.

    And Shawn McDonald? LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can't stand color on my nails either. I feel claustrophobic! I tried the other day and because it didn't look PERFECT I freaked out.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I never paint my fingernails either. And even though I shower daily, I'm wash my hair every other day. There's no way my hair could handle it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I can't believe that we have such an odd thing in common. I always have painted toes, but my fingernails are hardly ever. I find my fingernails chip quicker (which I can't stand to look at) buy my toes always seem to look good.

    Take care,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  24. Don't worry, Katie...if I find out I'm having a little girl (in 2 weeks...yay!!), I'll definitely be hitting up your Etsy store. ;)

    Oh, and I feel the same exact way about the 'after shower routine.' Ugh, HATE it. This is why, pretty much every day for work I have barely any make-up on, and my hair is in a ponytail. Lazy? Yes. Easy? Heck yeah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. If I didn't have to go to work every day, I would definitely be an every other day shower-er. But washing my hair that way would probably be better for it. Sometimes I skip because I'm lazy.

    ReplyDelete