Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Thankful Thursday

It feels like it's been a long time since I've done one of these....and while I truly am thankful, I'm also easily distracted.

So--Thankful Thursday it is.

I'm thankful for:

-The little girl that keeps me on my toes...making sure to never let me get used to any particular nighttime sleep pattern.

-Twitter and blog friends who send me books about baby sleep for free when they are done using them...thank you. The book has already smacked me in the face with the fact that I'm doing things all wrong...and I guess I needed that smack of reality.

-Coffee. This morning, I am especially thankful for coffee. Because without it? The "hit by a bus" feeling would linger much longer.

-Etsy. It's been a lot of fun not only selling things on my shop, but buying things from others for my little girl this winter. I'm kind of obsessed.

-I'm thankful that on Saturday, there is nothing on the calendar but TO CLEAN our house. I am physically incapable of doing it myself. I seriously suck without the "team" motivation factor of doing it with Declan. I am thrilled to get to every dust bunny that lives in here. Be gone dust bunnies!

-I'm thankful that my wonderful friend Jennie and her husband are coming to see us on Sunday and meet Emeline for the first time! We are so excited.

-I'm thankful for fun new recipes that actually cause me to WANT to bake. That is insane. But check out these amazingly delicious looking pumpkin cream cheese muffins.

-For the new season of TV that started...yea, I said it. I'm thankful for TV shows as it's my unwinding down time with my hubby after the babe goes to bed.

-Oh, and I'm thankful for the the fun journey of solids food we're on. Although it requires much more time (in my opinion), and sticky food everywhere admittedly grosses me out--it's still pretty darn cute how much of a big girl she is looking these days.


Happy why isn't it Friday? Thursday!



14 comments:

  1. I always love the sweet pictures of your little girl! She is always changing, as i'm sure you've noticed :)

    And my mouth is seriously watering at those muffins. I need to make those STAT! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh those eyes!!! Good luck cleaning! I'm the same way. I need some cheering on, too. lol I'm thankful for new TV shows/seasons, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe. Love the messy food faces! Is it really time for solid food already? My goodness...pretty soon you'll be telling us she's driving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is such a doll! Isn't it funny that you still look forward to weekends even when you're not working outside the home? While I was on maternity leave, I was SO surprised that I still really really looked forward to the weekend. Glad you received the book. It's quite a task to read it (in my opinion), but I really do think there are some great tips in there and lots of stuff I never would have known about sleeping :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love messy food pictures! lol. I used to get totally grossed out, but after having to clean jelly or bananas out of Noah's hair (DAILY), I've learned to think it's really cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am with you on all the new tv seasons starting and that it is your unwinding time!! So agree :)

    Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The last picture is adorable! I look forward to starting solids with Connor as long as we get the green light because of his allergy. What are some of the titles of the sleep books? Connor has been sporadic lately and I attribute it to a growth spurt but I would love to get him on a scheudle in the day for my mom and my MIL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The baby food on the face is just presh!! I really don't think she could be any cuter! I looked at the pumpkin muffins and I added the ingredients to my Target list for the day. Yum!! Thanks for sharing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, please pass on the advice you are getting from your free books...pretty please?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so making those muffins!! They look AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with Gina. My child refuses to nap longer than 45 minutes. I just got done reading Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Child or whatever its called. We are on day one and I've already failed at it, I'm sure. I'd love to read a post from you on what you have learned from your sleep books.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG I totally have cleaning the house and coffee on my thankful list! Let's be BFFs, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG could she be ANY cuter? Seriously! Oh and I love my headbands!

    ReplyDelete