Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Confession, photo style.

I have a problem.

I'm a photo-aholic. I am obsessed.

When you have a cute model at your fingertips, you would be too. Heck, maybe you are. Maybe you do.

Even if I have 5 spare minutes, I get out my camera and start snapping away.

I'm trying to get better. Improve. Have a little fun with my camera.

Actually learn it. The camera, that is.

I find it funny that I get emails and comments with questions about photo-taking tips. [Thank you though, makes me blush!] I mean, I am not an expert. Clearly. Luckily, I did go to art school and photography was part of my classes, so there is a teeny, tiny bit of recollection there. However, I found I was a little rusty on the technical terms...and all that jazz. So, I started messing around on my own a little more seriously a few months ago.

I feel like I've started to really get the hang of it again, though. Shooting in manual. Snap, snap, snapping away--as usual.

I'm just thankful that my girl is so patient with me. When she can walk, and talk--I'm sure she'll be running from the camera.

But now? She'll sit and stare at the big black and silver thing in her face at all times on random occasion.

So today, I leave you with yesterday's cute little photo-shoot.

The reason for the photo-shoot? [Uh, do I need a reason?] Um. How about...the fact that I found that cute little BabyGap lady bug top tucked away in her closet (it was a gift!) yesterday morning and got super excited when I realized it would finally fit.

Cute top---? The perfect excuse for a photo-shoot.

Wait, who am I kidding. There needs no excuse to take pictures of my child. Right?

:)






Happy Tuesday!

26 comments:

  1. Simply adorable!!! Her eyes are just AMAZING!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her little face in that second one. And yes, ANYTHING is cause for a photo shoot around here too! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's so precious and so big!

    Though I hope this rubs off on me when I have a baby. I'm horrible at taking pictures of our life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. whatever she was pleading for in that last picture..give it to her. now. hahaha. that picture is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love these pictures but mostly just love HER! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so stinking cute!! Great job with the pics! I am just like you, I can't keep the camera out of my kids face, but now they are old enough adn run!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it!

    Lately, my photo sessions are mostly full of blurry pictures, or stopping to fix bloody noses or owies from falling, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As usual, your baby looks adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the pic of her and Mac... "Whoa! Mac! Stinky Breath!"

    ReplyDelete
  10. omgosh look at her sitting up!!! I like the one with her and Mac. I must learn how to use my camera before the babe gets here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute!!
    And yes, I'm a photo-aholic as well. Hoping to one day actually DO something with it... but until then, I gotta keep learning. And playing. And taking LOTS and LOTS of pictures!! :)

    That shirt is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwww!! I love the really close up one of her (in the middle of all the photos). :)

    What a little cutie pie.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are great shots. Don't worry about taking too many! You'll love having them down the road, I'm sure.

    Do you have a DSLR? What made you get one of those?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww....so cute!
    When I have some spare time I would like to take a photography class...I just need to find the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh...she is just the CUTEST. Love her big blue eyes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You do have a VERY easy model showing off for you all day :) I'd love it too! She is just too precious for words.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's sooo good because I'm terrible at taking pictures. At least you will always have your memories in photos!

    ReplyDelete
  18. how could you NOT take pics of that face!?

    ReplyDelete
  19. She's a pretty cute model, so I totally don't blame you.

    And every day I think she looks more like you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey there! I'm a new commenter but not a new reader, and I agree with everyone above...your daughter is beyond gorgeous. I understand how it is so easy to take pictures of her. I actually have 5 CD's filled with 950 pictures that I need to get developed of my kids, and I need to get doubles of those!

    I also HAD to write and say that I feel the EXACT same way you do about Teen Mom's Catelynn and Tyler. And I also was SOBBING while watching them. The other couples? Not so much, but I just can't believe how awesome Catelynn and Tyler turned out despite their parents and her HORRIBLE mother. Just thought I had to comment because I feel so strongly the same way...about a semi-silly little MTV show :)


    anyway love your blog and your daughter is gorgeous. I have two little boys, a 2 year old and a 7 month old and I also stay home with them and it's just the best thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey there! I'm a new commenter but not a new reader, and I agree with everyone above...your daughter is beyond gorgeous. I understand how it is so easy to take pictures of her. I actually have 5 CD's filled with 950 pictures that I need to get developed of my kids, and I need to get doubles of those!

    I also HAD to write and say that I feel the EXACT same way you do about Teen Mom's Catelynn and Tyler. And I also was SOBBING while watching them. The other couples? Not so much, but I just can't believe how awesome Catelynn and Tyler turned out despite their parents and her HORRIBLE mother. Just thought I had to comment because I feel so strongly the same way...about a semi-silly little MTV show :)


    anyway love your blog and your daughter is gorgeous. I have two little boys, a 2 year old and a 7 month old and I also stay home with them and it's just the best thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  22. i cannot take the cute. emeline makes me want a babe of my own RIGHT NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  23. That last one is just amazing! You do have a beautiful little girl for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The photoshoot pictures are amazing! I love them all, especially the first and last ones. She is sooooo cute! I would take pictures of her constantly too if she was my child.

    The pictures on your blog are always of good quality! So, although you're a little rusty, as you say, you are a great photographer in my books! Good job! And yay for improving! :)

    ReplyDelete