Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

Emeline's Dedication

First of all, we feel so blessed. Blessed by our daughter, blessed by our families, blessed by our Church Family.

Our Emeline is one lucky little girl to have such amazing people around her.

We had a beautiful day yesterday, in every way. The dedication went great (of course, littered with LOTS and lots of tears from both Declan and I...man we are mushy over this girl), and the brunch that followed was gorgeous and yummy.

So, I'd like to share some of yesterday with you. We started off with the picture video I made of our sweet girl:


[Music: Sara Groves, "Cannot Lose my Love"]


Then, I took a turn and spoke about Emeline's name and the meaning behind it, and some new revelation I feel God gave me about her name.

Then, Declan read the letter that he wrote to her (and I helped a wee-bit). This was the part that was a tear-inducer. Oh.my.gosh. We were both crying. Our families were crying. Everyone was crying. Waterworks, everywhere.



Declan is totally cool with me sharing the letter, so here it is:
[Feel free to read or not, but I like having it for memories.]

***
Dear Emeline,

It was early one morning in May and I had the feeling of anticipation deep in my stomach. We were expecting you any time soon. For the previous 9 plus months, we painted rooms, readjusted furniture, threw parties and purchased more than enough cool toys so that you would be one blessed little girl. We were nesting for you and we couldn’t wait any longer.

The moment you were born was unforgettable. With the overwhelming excitement in the room there was still a powerful sense of peace. I was the first one who got a good look at you and you were beautiful. You stretched your little legs and arms for the first time. You completely blew our expectations out of the water. You had a soft cry; maybe a precursor to your soft voice.

After we left the hospital, we were so excited to introduce you to your new home, and older doggy brother Mac. You transitioned well and made our home your home. The days seemed to fly by and turn into weeks. Those weeks then turned into months. Your growth is amazingly fast and so fun to watch. I cherish the moments we have from rolling around on the floor to our daily bath time. Over 4 and a half months, you have definitely taken on a personality.

Your mom and I are so excited to see your features start to show. We make guesses at whether your blond hair will be straight or curly. Will you keep your blue eyes or will they change? What will it be like when you start to crawl or even walk? When we look back a year from now what memories will we have to talk about? We are super excited to take this walk with you.

We want you to always be the best you can be. We want you to be an independent thinker yet open to new things and new ideas. We pray you have a servant’s heart and that you would love the unlovable. We want you to know your Father above and know that he is always there for you when you need him.

As your daddy, I want you to always feel beautiful. You and your mom are the most beautiful girls I know. I don’t want anyone else ever to tell you otherwise. I want you to feel secure in my love and protected always. From your first fall to your first heart break. I want you to know that I am always here for you. To comfort you and to be a rock you can lean on.

Lastly, we want to make a verbal commitment to you. We promise to always be there for you, to love and protect you and to teach you about Jesus and knowing him personally. We promise to always provide for your needs and with the Lords help, be the best parents we can be for you.

We Love you so much!


***

We had a short time of prayer and blessing over her, us as parents, and then our parents joined in. The camera even caught Em ::gasp:: yawning during the prayers. Haha ;)


Then a little [brief] family photoshoot. You know, for memories.

And in that last one, above? She was.not.having.it. She was ticked by this point. Honestly? Girl was a CHAMP through the entire thing. But, at the end--she was exhausted.

***

Overall?

Awesome, awesome day.

[Thank you to my SIL, Lyryn for taking photos when I can't :)]


~*~*~

Happy Monday!






28 comments:

  1. Aww! So beautiful. And so sweet. And that letter? *sob*

    This was a lovely family moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, the whole thing is just beautiful! The letter, the pictures, the slideshow...you've got me tearing up at work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agh! That slideshow! Love it, love the music SO much! I'm crying in my cube at work! haha. What a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful! What a perfect day!!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie, the letter, video and pictures are beautiful ~absolutely precious... What is it about time...that it likes to pass you by before you realize it!!! Never stop taking these videos and pictures and writing sweet love notes to your baby girl...what a treasure they will be to look back on.

    I found myself reminiscing and looking through the 10 years of my big/little girls pictures this past week and being so grateful to have them...to relive those moments again for just a little while ;-)
    I'm not ready to have these next 10 years pass me by like the first have :(

    It's so great to see you loving and enjoying your baby girl...what a blessing they are!!!

    Happy Dedication day to Emeline Kay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful day for your family! So very special and some gorgeous pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a beautiful day! Thank you for sharing this. We are looking forward to our daughters dedication as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful milestone! Such a blessed, perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful video. Beautiful letter. Beautiful baby girl. Beautiful family.
    So glad you had an awesome day and thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing such a special day with all of us! I'm in the midst of planning Jamie's Baptism, so I know how meaningful times like these are!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a sweet post. LOVE the slideshow---man, has EK grown from a newborn into a full blown baby -- so neat to see the transition like that. LOVE the letter from your sweet hubby to your sweet girl ;) What a blessed family on a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Waterworks INDEED! I am bawling here. She is one blessed little lady to have you and D for parents. I'm glad the day went well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Between the video and letter, I'm sobbing again! She's getting so big! I can't believe she's the same little newborn I cuddled back in May!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The video and letter are wonderful! Honestly, just reading your blog has changed my mind about marriage and kids. I cannot wait to have a family of my own and make great memories like you! Congrats on a wonderful family :) I love your stories and pics!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahhh, Katie. Just boo-hooed over this video. Seriously, so sweet. I am so, so, so, happy to see this joy in y'alls life. She is beautiful, and you are such a wonderful mom. So glad y'all could have a beautiful day to dedicate to sweet Eme.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great family moment for you all! I was so happy when the mail came today and I got my 2 headbands from eme*kay creatives. They are wonderful and I spent a long time trying them on in different ways. I can't wait to wear them to teach tomorrow!! I bet I'll get lots of compliments from my students!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Teared up during the video and then lost it while reading Declan's letter. Bless. This is absolutely wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful video! I can't believe how much she has grown! The song is just precious too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The video isn't loading right now but oh my gosh with that letter! What a great name! (And love that she's yawning in some of them!)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aw, what a sweet day! Love the video. :)

    I have a question that you may have already answered - what faith are you, if you don't mind me asking? I've never heard of a "dedication" - for me as a Catholic, it's a Baptism and my family that's Baptist it's a christening. I'm always curious to learn how other faiths see things like this!

    ReplyDelete
  21. awwww man. I so teared up between the video and letter! She's such a super blessed baby to have such awesome parents :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh wow, very pretty! great job on the dedication video, the song was beautiful:o) glad it all worked out

    ReplyDelete
  23. This whole thing made me tear up: the slideshow, the photos, the letter, all of it. So beautiful. Extremely happy for you and your little blessing. What a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ohhhh, that letter. Especially the second to last paragraph...sob!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my goodness, what a sweet letter and beautiful video! I cried :( I am so happy for you and your husband. The photos are adorable. You have a beautiful daughter! You make me excited to have children in the future :) Congrats on a wonderful day and Emeline's dedication.

    ReplyDelete
  26. So glad you had a super day! Wonderful photos too. And the letter?! So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for sharing.

    The video slide show is great. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete