Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

Friday Randomosity

I'm behind on blog reading. I am behind on everything. I feel a bit behind on life right now. But, I'll catch up. Someday soon, I hope.

Oh, and speaking of my busy-ness---my "business", Eme*Kay Creatives now has a Facebook fan page and I'm gonna be "that girl" and ask you to go there now and *like* my page. Pretty, pretty please? I swear, this is the first and last time you'll ever hear me mention it.

Another thing that's preoccupying my mind right now? My daughter is getting dedicated at our church on Sunday. While I'm so so so super duper excited about this, I have a lot to do. We are having a brunch afterwards and omigah! the food! and I suck at all that stuff. So, yea-you can pray that will all come together beautifully, mmk? Oh, and pictures to come.

On that same dedication note, I made an iMovie slideshow type thingy to special music, and all that--it's just beautiful. I'm not tooting my own horn, I just mean-WOW. Babies grow so fast. It made Declan and I a little bit sad because its SO hard to remember them that tiny. [I will gladly share the movie, probably Monday!]

Speaking of them growing, yesterday, my baby rolled up to the bookshelf (yes, rolled...quite literally), and then proceeded to pull out her "Peek-a-BOO" books (her favorites). Oh.dear.Lordy, we've hit that stage already?!

Wasn't it just last week she learned to hold her rubber ducky in the bath and Declan and I were cheering like she just won the Nobel Prize? Ah. They.grow.fast.

And one last thing about the fast growing topic. She has this new thing she does, she gets up in a sort of push up position (but her arms are crossed under her face/head). Then she pushes off with her feet. She basically can figure out how to get any toy she wants, ever. I fear I may have an early mover on my hands.

So, its been torrential downpour here the last two days. Wanna hear something ironic? The day we woke up to a monsoon, was THE DAY I was supposed to go get my wiper-blades replaced. Quite literally, my wipers almost didn't work...at all. So, we had to maneuver around not only naptimes, but a break in the downpour to run to the shop to get them fixed. It was a fun time. Nottt. But, they are done.

A few weeks ago a mutual friend who I've gotten to know better recently posted a picture on her facebook of a baby crocheted hat she made for fun. I casually told her that she should *totally* start selling them and I'd be her first customer. She insisted to make one for Emeline just because. And well? She totally fulfilled her promise and suceeded my expectations. Needless to say, Em LOVES her hat---and she cried when I removed it this morning. That's my girl. Thank you, Cara!


...and on that cutie note...

Have a wonderfully Happy Weekend!


[Psss: Don't forget the facebook page...I'll love you forever. And? I'll shutup now.]


12 comments:

  1. ah she is so cute!! Have fun at the dedication and don't worry it will all come together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that hat. I have been eyeing a few on etsy for Eva. Also, I can't wait to hear how her dedication goes - you'll do great with the brunch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That hat is stinkin adorable!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have made two iMovies for Connor's growth. I watch them frequently before bed just to remember how far we have come in such a short time.. of course with tears! Congratulations on the dedication. It is such a special day. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's too adorable!! I just want to snuggle her!!

    Now, better love me for.ever because I just liked your page AND said a prayer right here at my computer that everything goes smoothly for the dedication and brunch after.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Katie! I'm one of your newest followers so I just wanted to comment to introduce myself - I've been reading your blog for a bit now and it's one of the reasons I was inspired to try writing my own blog! You and your family are adorable and I love reading what you have to say. Good luck with your weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heehee love that she cried when you took the hat off! Good luck with getting everything ready for her dedication, I'm sure you will pull it off beautifully. Can't wait to see the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope the dedication goes well (and crybaby free!). :) Have fun and don't stress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praying for you and the dedication! I can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How awesome about the dedication and the fun afterwards! Can't wait to hear about it and see pictures. :) And congrats on the Facebook page. :)

    ReplyDelete