Pages

Thursday, October 7, 2010

The post in which I dump.

My brain, that is.

...'Tis the season for me to get sucked into random purchases just because I'm freezing cold one day. Hence the $25 super, amazing, and plush, fuzzy throw-blanket that I came home with two days ago from Kohls. I showed my husband and with puppy dog eyes I said, "Oh please can we keep it?! Don't make me return it." He just sighed. Which meant, I get to keep it. It now is my most favorite cuddly blanket evaaa.

...You all know my love for Etsy. Not only is it a place for me to sell my headbands, but it's a fun little community too. A friend who started up a shop recently sent my darling girl some awesome stuff, in exchange for some photos of her modeling them (for her to use on her shop). We only got to take a few photos so far, but she is a pretty fab model if I do say so myself. [Yes. I know, bias mommy speaking. So sue me!]


...The weather here has been a total bummer lately. It's not only been cold, but it's been raining like caaarayyyzee. I am over it. Thank the good Lord above that my weather app shows some sun and 67 degree weather coming our way. I was beginning to feel it in my mood a little bit and I'm really not cool with that.

...Since I'm still nursing exclusively, I sort of need "access" to the girls every few hours without too much mumbo jumbo. In the summer, EASY. In the Fall/Winter? Not so much. So, literally, my e.n.t.i.r.e. wardrobe this Fall/Winter consists of open sweaters with tank tops underneath (and not necessarily just nursing tanks because blech. In my opinion anything with the word 'nursing' in it is hideous, and omg! I hate those bulky clips. Ick and ICK. Pretty much any tank top works for me). I'd like to accessorize, ya know...with a scarf or something, but Emeline thinks its fun to choke her momma when I wear them.

....On that note, I do not believe in just not wearing scarves (or earrings) just because my kid is pulling and tugging at everything right now. She will have to learn. I love her to death, but momma won't sacrifice her accessories. She will learn the word "gentle"...eventually.

...On the topic of scarves.... my sister and I have been talking about the possibility of hosting another scarf swap here. They have been a big success in the past. I know people like them. The problem is, they are TONS of work for us. Really. It's a big undertaking. My sister is so helpful with the organizing of it and without her I could not do it. We just have to think about it...

....My neighbors have gotten much quieter since I wrote that post about them last week. I wonder if they read my blog? ;)


Until next time...

26 comments:

  1. Your little model is soo cute!! She did a great job modeling!!

    If you do the scarf swap i would love to join!! i love scraves too!!! I love when it starts getting cold so i can break them out!!
    I dont blame you, i couldnt give up my accessories either. I sure don plan on it!! i have to have my earrings!!

    Glad your neighbors are quieter!! Maybe they did??? IF not at least they've been better! Hope it stays that way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable pictures!! Especially love the Christmas colored hat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post made me crack up! I love little E to pieces- she has quite the personality! Even if she does choke her mama with scarves and tries to rip your ears off. She's a cutie!!!!!!!
    I'm down with a scarf swap if y'all do it. I'm a sucker for scarves these days!
    And the neighbors... quite possibly they did read your blog? Haha, that'd be a lot of work to find it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. look at those little cheeks!! and I don't just mean on her face ;) She's the perfect little model :) I woke up and it was a refreshing 64 degrees--in SOUTH FLORIDA!! yipee!!! I walked out there in shorts and a tank top and it was heavenly.

    I'll be nursing through the winter, too, and I've already stocked up on cardigans with the same idea as wearing tanks and camis underneath. I completely agree with you about not sacrificing cuteness ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I hope your neighbors read your blog:) Nursing last winter was tough, summer was soo much easier. I too found that any tank works, although camisole types were a lot easier I think. I never bought a single nursing-specific thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and that hat on E, way too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's the perfect little model!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh she is tooo cute.. love her little bootie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I looove those hats! Especially the one with the bill on it. And be careful with the earrings! My brother's first wife's son pulled two hoops out of her ear at the same time & it ripped out both holes, so now she has a flap of skin on her ear - it's awful!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously, your girl needs to be a professional baby model, ha!! :) Something to think about!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have a professional little model on your hands! I lovee those pics : )
    Haha I too have started using the word gentle as I refuse to give up my accessories but the strapless tops...yea not sooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my those pictures are TOO CUTE! I must check out this Etsy store! I've been looking for a cute hat for Miss KP

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is just too cute for words! I would love to know how you make regular tanks work?? I have bought five nursing tanks and wear them constantly! They are stylish, but it would be nice to be able to wear something else. It's already super awkward trying to manuever breastfeeding in public, it would be nice if something made it easier..

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to be a part of the scarf swap since I loved the love swap you did as well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just started reading your blog!! I love it!! Your entries all so real & fun to read. Keep on posting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I feel like if I blogged everyday, it'd be nothing but a big dump. ;)

    That picture of E, nakey, chubby rolls and headband...perfection. Absolutely adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cute little model you have there. That red/green/white hat is toooo adorable.

    And your neighbors either read your blog or your tweets!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope you guys do decide to host a swap again!!! :)

    and I love Miss Emeline in the Christmas-ish hat

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh please please do the scarf swap again - it was SO much fun! :) And Emeline is an awesome model!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh a scarf swap sounds like so much fun!

    Your daughter is just adorable! I need to get some cute hats for Alivia for this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your baby girl is absolutely gorgeous!!! What a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  22. she just gets cuter and cuter! seriously! i don't know how you don't just cease functioning with all that cuteness around! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I do the same thing with the hubs when I shop in Target. Luckily, he's a sucker for my fell-in-love-shopping face (ok, pout.)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Woohoo for the neighbors finally being quiet!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your little lady has just the prettiest eyes ever. She SHOULD be a model. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I know this is an old post, but if you need help putting together the scarf swap, I'd love to help!! (I have a slight addiction to making spreadsheets haha)

    ReplyDelete