Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful...


...For coffee. It may seem silly, but the smell the coffee already brewing just helps me get out of bed in the morning, whispering, "come and get me..."

...For new, fun things my baby can discover...like the ability to sit up for longer periods of time without toppling over.

"Look Ma! I can sit up and drool at the same time!"


...For my hard working husband. We're both so grateful for his job, even though we both know its not ideal for him. He's coming into his hardest time at work (near the holidays), where he works even longer hours, when I know he'd rather be home with us. It's just hard. But, I'm so thankful that he has a strong work ethic and provides for us.

...For my camera. I am just in love with that beautiful little piece of equipment. I am so grateful to have the chance to take pictures of my daughter on my own. Learning how to use it has been fun over the last few years.

...For the opportunity to stay home this year. So very thankful. I went into school yesterday, and while the adult conversation was nice, and I missed some co-workers, all it did was affirm to me how badly I want to keep staying home. When people met Emeline yesterday they said, "Ohh you're gonna have a hard time coming back next year". I already know that, and I alreadyyyy am tearing up just thinking about it.

...For my sweet friend who has been letting me borrow her awesome breast pump. Seriously, I am so thankful that I didn't have to spend the money on one, since I don't pump as often as a full-time working mom (for example), but it is SO SO SO nice to have it whenever I need it. So much easier then anything manual. It was so generous of her and I love me the Medela dual electric pump. Its the cadillac of pumps, I tell ya.

...For my mom. She is such an amazing mom and grandmother, and I love the way she loves my daughter (and her other granddaughters). It is evident that they are obsessssed with their Mom-Mom (okay, and Pop Pop too!) I'm thankful that I can call her in a second and she'll pop over and watch Eme when I have a dentist appointment, or whatever.

***

What are you thankful for?

15 comments:

  1. We have/had a couple of "Mom-Moms" too. :) And a few MamMaws too. The only reason I mention this is I've never found anyone else with a Mom-Mom. hehe.
    Aren't grandmothers the BEST though?? A total life(sanity)saver sometimes.
    Sounds like your hubby has a job similar to my hubby's. Mine is an Exec at Target so the holidays are always busy for him too.

    I'm thankful for my camera too. And my baby. And the holidays coming up. And mochas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful for my husband who takes care of me even when he isn't feeling well this week. I'm thankful I've had a really easy and healthy pregnancy. And I'm thankful for my new SLR, too! (And for my silly little poodle who lets me practice on him!) I'm also super thankful for the 40-ish people who came out to shower my baby with love and gifts this past weekend.

    And way to go Emeline! Drooling AND sitting... I'm impressed ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that picture of your beautiful daughter!!!!

    And I'm beyond thankful for coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thankful for my camera too :) would be lost without it!! and grandma well how could we live without grandma!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are so many things I'm thankful for...the beautiful fall weather we're experiencing on the east coast, an amazing husband, a wonderful supportive family, good health, friends, new pregnancies I keep hearing about. Fall and spring just give me a feeling of being alive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For a full night's sleep! Connor has a cold and Tuesday night was more exhausting than 28 hours of labor I tell ya! We are doing much better, to which I am thankful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm pretty thankful for sweet friends like YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Katie, What kind of camera do you have? I am looking to get a DSLR and like to get opinions on others as well :)
    Oh BTW Go Emeline! She is such a big girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm thankful for my camera too. And coffee. And nap time, when it happens.
    Look at her, sitting up like she's big or something. She's got being adorable down, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm thankful for the ability to just relax and let go. This isn't something I've always been able to do (in fact I would say over the past six months I've been more forced to practice it), but it's something I treasure now - I realize it's more important to squeeze time in with my husband than worry about dishes in the sink, or talk to a friend than to make sure the house looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I seriously dont think your kid could get ANY cuter! I just want to give her a big ole squeeze shes so adorable! Oh, great post too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd say that's a pretty perfect list :-) I've decided to go with the Medela as wel, I've heard so many good things about it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Could she get any cuter?!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am with Brittany...I am so grateful for my blog friends. What did I do without you girls in my life? No, really???

    And being thankful for coffee...not silly at all.

    ReplyDelete