Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

A whole new feel

Monday's have a whole new feel these days.

You know, I used to dread Monday's like the best of 'em. For real.

I know...Mondays? They usually suck. Big time.

After a beautiful, carefree weekend, Monday typically means back to work, and back to the grind--back to the 8am-5pm--back to real life.

Obviously, with being home this year Monday's have a whole new feel.

And seriously? I look forward to them now.

I feel like while weekends are lots of fun, and Declan is home more--they are still JAM-PACKED with places to be, things to do--with a baby in tow, its exhausting.

Mondays are my re-coup day.

We can chill out in bed a little longer if want...we can stay inside in our pj's all day (if we so please), and usually we get to hang out for some bit of time with my sister since it's her day off.

Mostly, we can just kind of go at our own pace.

I can do things around the house. Take care of business. Soak in a little one on one time with my little lady.

And at night? It's our one night of nothingness. Declan and I both have no meetings, no real agenda....we get some us time.

Monday's are good....real good.


19 comments:

  1. I'm SUPER jealous of your mondays :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Mondays are similar to my Tuesdays. You're right, it feels good to have a re-coup day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome you have good Mondays now :) Some of mine are better than others. I usually have to check in my office Monday mornings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monday's are my Saturdays and I love it! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss those Mondays. Sooooo much better than working Mondays, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay I can't wait to have Mondays like that with my very own Little Lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ummm, TOTALLY jealous of your Mondays! :) Weekends are usually so hectic, I'm sure you need that down time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gearing up to be a SAHM, I'm sure Mondays will feel like that to me, too. Can't wait!! Glad you enjoy yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep. Mondays are a good slow day. Today it was rainy, so it was even more chill. Got a coffee, walked around Target a little, picked up some candy for the trick-or-treaters this weekend, got a few things for the OCC shoebox... Mondays are awesome now.
    And really, since my hubby works a lot of weekends, it's just another day for us anyway.

    And I'm sure yall look adorable all kicked back in your pj's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow sounds like a perfect day

    ReplyDelete
  11. I envy you. I just had a horrific Monday. Did you ever have days teaching when for some reason, everything effected you more than usual? Ie: snotty kid comments, kids not paying attention, kids refusing to perform? Fortunately this is the first day I have had like this all year but MAN is it a rough way to start the week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Mondays too. I won't, so much, in January. But they are still good now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am with you. I used to get a little sad on Sunday evening at the thought of the weekend ending. Now its just another evening. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Monday's too!! It's usually our day of staying home doing nada and it feels wonderful!!! You lil one is sooo sweet! Are you planning on staying home next year to?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm jealous of your Mondays! and pretty much jealous of your whole schedule!

    ReplyDelete