Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

6 Months Old


[Getting her picture is getting harder and harder--all she wants to do is play with the owl now, eat it's ear, chew on it's foot....etc.
This was the most decent shot we got out of like, a billion.]

Dear Emeline,

You are six months old today. Six.

Every month I am shocked at how fast the time goes---but half a year?? I cannot even believe it. We've watched you grow and change into such a gorgeous little six month old. It's been the best experience of my life being your momma.

You are a busy little girl. You can get anywhere you feel like going simply by rolling, or getting up on your knees and pushing off. You haven't quite figured out crawling yet and I'm perfectly okay with that. You love your toys, you love to grab at people's faces, and you will smile BIG at people you know and love. You are a sociable little girlie.

The newest thing this month is the constant babbling. Your most favorite is "Da-Da", and the sweetest thing is when you whisper it (yes, whisper) when your Daddy holds you or takes you up to bed. You also say "na-na", and sometimes "ba-ba". You love your voice and are pretty much talking most the time we're at home. When we go out, you are pretty perfectly quiet (at a restaurant and such), and we appreciate that, too :)

This month you also can sit very steady on your own. So, we've graduated you to the front of the shopping carts, and sitting in the high chairs at restaurants. It makes life SO much easier, and you love to look around. Happy baby=happy mommy.

You weigh 16lbs 13oz, are 26" long and your noggin is 17". You are growing perfectly and on track with where you're supposed to be. You are wearing size 3 diapers, some 3-6 month clothes, and mostly things 6 month are fitting perfectly now. You have a very few 6-9 month things that fit.

You're eating solids twice a day now, but you're still a small eater. You eat some fruit in the morning, veggies at night, and nurse in between. You are nursing a whole lot less then you used too. You always sleep about two 5.5-6.5 stretches at night, plus maybe another 2 hours or so. You nap twice a day.

You still love bathtime and all the one on one time you get with your Daddy. You two are seriously adorable together.

Your blonde hair is coming in more thick this month (and its very light!), and your eyes are still icy blue. You are a stunning little lady.

You make our hearts melt everyday. You are a blessing from God. You're a reminder that good things come in small packages, and you.are.loved.

Always,

Momma

***

How you looked this month:


21 comments:

  1. Can’t believe she’s already 6 months, crazy!!!!! Better start planning her 1 year party! Probably shouldn’t have mentioned that huh? Because probably makes you want to cry, LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a little peanut! She looks about as big as Jamie...and he just turned 3 months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww yay for six months she is so gorgeous, I love that our girls are so close in age, I always look to your blogs for things to get excited about with madison learning every day! Happy 6 months!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, sweet little girl! Geez, half a year!! Why does it go by so fast :( You should have seen Cooper's sequence of pictures from his 5 month shoot, he sits by a dog and by the time it was over, the fur was in his mouth and all over his hands, lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am trying to figure all of this food business out.. about how often does she still nurse? We are just doing rice cereal once a day right now and he is still doing about 6 feeds at 6 oz. each. The boy likes to eat! I would like to get the cereal to replace at least one feed but he is showing no signs he wants to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so cute. I love this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is so cute. I love this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is so beautiful! And so expressive!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Half Birthday, Emeline!! Way to go with all your milestones!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so so so so so so cute! I love the owl...I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't believe 6 months already!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I love reading about what she is doing now and wonder when My em will be doing those things.

    im thinking of posting about your etsy store on my blog is that ok?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that little lady and I've never met her. Happy half birthday to Miss E.

    P.S. I put G in a 3-6 mo polo today and it totally fit. He's trying to catch up to his girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It all goes SOOO fast!! Half way to 1 already!! She just gets cuter and cuter!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My 8 day old twin girls are in NICU-- they were born last week at 33 weeks. Your post makes me so happy and excited for the months ahead of me! With faith, prayer and support I know that in 6 short months I will be looking back at this time like you! Thank you so much for a beautiful post about your beautiful daughter. I have very much enjoyed reading your blog in the last few months and I look forward to more stories and pictures about your girl!

    ReplyDelete
  15. She is still cute as a button!!! She is soo adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! I can't believe it's been six months!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It goes by so fast, doesn't it?? Noah weighed 15 lbs at 2 months, lol. I bet she's just so cute and petite in person! :)
    And I know the whole "taking a million pictures for ONE good one" thing. Noah is constantly studying, moving, inspecting... it makes it hard to get a perfect picture!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love her onesie/headband combo. I imagine you whipped that up? Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i know i always say this, but she is just so precious! i love her outfit this month!

    ReplyDelete