Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

Hi. It's me.

I swear, it's me. Katie.

My blog may look a little different but the person behind it is still the same. I assure you.

I've been playing around with some blog facelifting and such, and welp--I decided to give my own blog a go. Considering my husband used to do it all for me, I'm pretty pleased with myself.

I was scared. I was oh so scared. But, somehow, I made it work.

I'm going for a winter'ish (duh) theme. But not trying to be over-the-top Christmas'ey and such. Hopefully I accomplished just that.

So, I'll show you around a bit if you don't mind. Some things are different here.

You'll notice the pages at the top? See them? Now you can easily find out how to contact me, my etsy shop, info about our little family, and even Eme's progression pictures right there. Easy, peasy. I really like how it frees up so much room on my sidebars. A more simplistic, less chaotic look, don't you think?

Did you see that little advertise tab? Yea. That. Don't go and get all freaked out on me.

My thoughts are this. My blog gets read by a lot of people. No, no, I'm no MckMama, but I do get close to 800 unique readers a day. There's a lot of people visiting. My google friend connect is rising (over 600 now, wowza), and I have a high amount of people come from outside, non-blogger sources too. [Hello? Who are you?? Can you please say hello sometime? K. Cool.]

It's a good place to get your name out there. Plus, the readers here (hey, that's you!) are all so amazingly wonderful. Really. Whether you have an Etsy shop like myself, a blog you'd like to promote, or any other business of some-sort. Check it out. You know you're working with a loyal long-time blogger, and I have new posts up about six times a week.

Plus, you know how I am all about promoting other moms and their businesses. I think its rad.

Enough said, I think.

So. Back to the basics....do you like the new look?

***

Happy Monday!



25 comments:

  1. You're too cute, I noticed yesterday and thought it looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the new look! The pictures of your beauty are sooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! love the new look :) It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the new look, very nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the new look! Makes me want to grab a cup of cocoa =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done lady! I would so love to be able to do something like this on my own but have absolutely NO IDEA how or where to begin. I can't even make my own header. I think it looks wintery and beautiful.

    800 hits a day! I get 4, maybe. Sad face.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE IT!! It looks SO GOOD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks lovely! And how funny that you say "...and welp" lol Kaleo always makes fun of me when I mean to say "and well..." Haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the layout and simplicity is wonderful! you did a great job

    ReplyDelete
  10. The blog looks great. The simplicity makes it clean and classy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. your creativity astounds me, woman. i wish i knew how to spruce up my bloggity blog. ive been dying for a new look.. three column with a dashing new header (full of Carter)... and have no idea where to begin. i was thinking of desperately asking my husband to buy me a new layout for christmas.. pathetic? perhaps. haha.. we shall see! LOVE the new look.. that little girl of yours.. whew! such a beaut!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great new look! I'm new to your blog, and spent a part of my evening last night reading about your cute daughter. Love it! I have an 8 month old boy and know how fast the time flies by!!

    Rashell

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was shocked when I looked up how many unique hits my little teeny blog gets every day too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. looks great!! i need to get my programmer hubby to work his magic on my corner of the internet...i'm a lot scared to take it on myself

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely L-O-V-E your new look Katie.

    ReplyDelete