Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Wet lashes

Everyone knows that Declan gives Emeline her nightly baths. He loves that time with her. She loves that time with him. It works for us.

Often times while he's doing that, I'll run around the upstairs, straightening up her room, packing orders to ship for my Etsy shop, or changing into my pj's for the night. Something. I can always find something I need to do.

But other times, I sit my butt down on the bathroom floor crouched next to the tub, and watch the interaction between Daddy and daughter that just melts me. 

This week, I was in there admiring her little bathing-beauty cutie-pieness (thats a word, no?), and a lightbulb went off.

I shouted, "I HAVE TO GET MY CAMERA!" [as if it were the end of the world]

Declan made a comment about how there will be a million and one baths to take photos of. 

I quickly responded, "But not at this age, in this moment, on this day. I HAVE to capture this". 

I ran back up with camera in hand, and started documenting my girl during bathtime.

'Cuz I know I'm not the only one in love with wet little eyelashes. Right? Right..?



I love that she plays with toys now, and splashes around--and has such a carefree little 'life is grand' except for teething attitude. It's awesome. And inspiring.

And yea. Sometimes? We do silly things like put her bath book on her head. Anything for a cute photo, right?


But she loves us just the same.

And oh...the cute, snuggly, warm, and oh so yummy smelling after-bathtime-baby is the best.

The.best.


Oh, and the last thing--and the best thing. Sometimes, I sit back and just admire these two together after bathtime, too.

And well? This photo just says it all.

Be still my heart.

34 comments:

  1. love that last picture. love. framer. love that you fancy yourself a kelly hampton wannabe like me. love wet eyelashes. happy thursday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last picture may be the BEST photo I've seen in a long time. It's fantastic. You should totally get that in a frame...it's so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last photo needs to be blown up and framed it is absolutely priceless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aaawww, absolutely beautiful photos :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my - that last photo. I'm in pieces. Love it. I have to tell you - I always admire how genuine and deep your admiration for you babe and hubby is. It is so evident in everything you write about them that they truly are the center of your world. I love that about you. So glad to call you my Mama friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The last photo is the sweetest thing I have EVER seen. That should be blown up and framed. She will CHERISH that picture more than you know when she's older. *tears*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, those pictures are adorable! And, that last one...absolutely priceless. I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is adorable!! The daddy/daughter photo is the best. You can tell that she loves him so much by that big smile on her face!! Such a beautiful family :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww YAY I love bathtime pictures! They're just so cute! And that last picture definitely needs to be framed! Absolutely precious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girlfriend! You are SO TALENTED with that camera! That last picture is the sweetest thing I've ever seen. You're going to be so happy one day that you documented every.single.moment! Sounds like you found yourself a wonderful hubby :) Your family is so adorable. Happy Thursday, sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww so precious!!! Declan will look back on these and be so happy that you decided to grab the camera :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok.

    I know I keep saying it.

    But I have decided to start a "Fly-Katie-to-STL-so-she-can-follow-us-around-and-take-photos-of-us" Fund.

    I am not even kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That last photo...... blow it up really big and frame it. It's breathtaking.

    So sweet! I love bathtime babies and then how warm and snuggly they are afterward.

    It's awesome that you recognize and cherish these moments.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That last photo is gorgeous!!! I was asking my hubby what he was most excited about coming home to the other day and he said giving the princess baths and having that time alone with her that I have been able to enjoy, too cuteeee!

    ReplyDelete
  15. so so so cute . . I need to take pictures of the bathtime with my girls!!!! yes yes I love bathing babies!! way to cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is the sweetest picture I have ever seen! Such a lucky lucky little lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That last picture is priceless. It is so beautiful :) You can see how much the absolutely adore each other. Oh, and those wet eyelashes are to die for! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sweet post and sweet pictures. You are one blessed lady!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That last pictures is priceless! How lucky that you got that on film, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. that last picture is wonderful, it deserves a frame.. however don't they all?

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh my GOODNESS that last picture is absolutely amazing!! So beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the pictures! Question: Connor is too big for his bath tub but not quite steady enough to sit on his own. How do you bathe your little cutie?

    ReplyDelete
  23. T totally 'get' the whole put something on top of baby's head and take a picture. It's even funnier when they put it on their head themselves!

    Rashell

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my word, that last picture is beyond precious.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I often run after my camera like that too! Ha! These are beautiful moments to capture and remember. That last photo is simply stunning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I LOVE the black & whites! Precious.

    ReplyDelete
  27. She has the prettiest blue eyes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is the best dad and daughter pic i have seen Katie! Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  29. omg. that last picture makes me want a babe RIGHT.NOW. just to see the hubs being a daddy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Awww, the photos are all JUST TOO CUTE! And the last photo? Just so heartwarming :-)

    ReplyDelete
  31. That last picture is screaming for a thick black frame and a place on the shelf!

    ReplyDelete
  32. The last photo brought tears to my very pregnant eyes! That photo is beautiful! Frame it, both she and you will love it forever!

    ReplyDelete