Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Hello, Goodbye, and Merry Christmas!

It's Christmas week and I'm feelin' it. The Christmas spirit, that is.


Finally.

Gifts are wrapped. I've done the last minute running around. Even the dog? He is looking snazzy and groomed to Christmas perfection. We've found ways to give to friends and family who need a little extra this year.

And I'm excited, man. So excited. I get my husband home for 4.5 days. It might not seem like much---but it's heaven. 

I can picture it now. The fresh brewed coffee in the morning. Breakfast. Enjoying the squeals and smiles of our little girl---together. Yes, please.

We'll be seeing so much family over the holidays. But the nice thing is? All our family lives within 15 minutes. No crazy traveling, and I love it that way.

We'll be spending Christmas Eve morning as a little family exchanging gifts. Just us. We'll make a big!huge! deal out of everything and pretend that Emeline knows what the heck is going on, even when all she REALLY cares about is crinkling the wrapping paper. But we'll have a heck of a time documenting the fun.

We'll spend Christmas Eve with Declan's family. Having a beautiful candlelit hungarian meal prepared by his dad (Sidenote: Dec's dad is from Hungary. Did you know that? He's a grand cook. End sidenote.), singing carols, reading the Christmas story, coaxing the kids to smile for the annual Christmas stocking picture, and then present giving/receiving.

We'll crawl into bed for a few hours and then wakeup like giddy (err..groggy) kids. Snuggle our girl, and then pack up and head to my family's.

We'll spend the entire day of Christmas in our pj's (the three granddaughters all have matching pjs. cuteness.), sprawled out all over my parents living room by the fireplace.

We eat cinnamon buns. Sip coffee. And very slowly go through the 23912809 gifts under the tree. We don't rush, because we have nowhere else to be. We are not one of those families that tears into the gifts. It's a slow thing. An enjoyed time.

At some point we decide (in our pj's, still) to make Christmas dinner....or lunch. Together, we help my mom prepare our feast. It's kind of an 'eat, drink and be merry' type of day. At some point, we'll even blow out the candles on a "Happy Birthday Jesus" cake for the kiddies. 

I love Christmas. 

I'm so glad to finally be feeling it a bit more.

So? With that said...

I'm off

To, you know....decorate cookies, finish the wrapping, enjoy the last of the twinkly lights, go on some holiday excursions, and document every.stinkin.second of my girls' first Christmas.

I may pop in here or there. I may not. 

But, I do wish you all one pretty fabulous Holiday.

***

[I wish I could send you all one---but here's a virtual 'From our home to yours...']

Um yea. Her ear sticking out? Adorable, yea? She's like a little elf. MY little Elf.

25 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! Have a Merry Christmas with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love her picture. My son's ear kinda did the same thing when he was younger. It is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute Card! Have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a very Merry Christmas!!!!

    That card? Shutterfly needs to use it as their stock card. Holy cow, she's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your elf is quite possibly the cutest thing I have ever seen!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Christmas sounds a little like mine. Very relaxed and spent with family. Have a wonderful holiday and enjoy your cute little elf's FIRST Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy! And the enjoy some more. Christmas is some kind a special this year for us, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. aw!! that is the cutest picture!!
    have a wonderful christmas with your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, she's the cutest little elf EVER! Your Christmas sounds lovely...I think we'll be doing pretty much all the same stuff only this year it's at OUR house :)

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your family's Christmas Day sounds wonderful. I love it.

    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is adorable! Merry Christmas! Hope it is a wonderful one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your sweet little girl is precious!! Merry Christmas and enjoy the time with your cute little family!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We used the exact same card for our holiday cards!! Cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an adorable card!!!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  16. your Christmas day sounds a lot like ours.. cinnamon buns, opening presents slowly (and one at a time so we can all see what goodies everyone gets haha), and just kind of relaxing all day with family.

    I hope you and Declan both have a great first chirstmas with miss Emeline :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. PRECIOUS!!! She is one beautiful baby!! I just love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay!!! Glad you're enjoying the Christmas spirit!! Have a great holiday! It sounds like it's going to be a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wishing a very Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  20. We take our time unwrapping too. It makes me more special.
    Merry Christmas to you and your family!
    Ps. Your virtual Christmas card is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  21. that sounds perfect and your little girl is precious beyond words!! merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love that card! That picture is priceless. Can't wait to hear about Eme's first Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  23. That sounds like an absolutely LOVELY holiday. I hope it's as fabulous as it sounds like! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete