Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I can't even call this stream of consciousness, because that would be too nice.

-Yesterday I went to grab my camera and realized my SD card was missing. Not typically a big deal since the card is usually in my reader, sitting in one of two spots. After turning my house upside down literally multiple times yesterday---I got beyond frustrated and gave up. I couldn't find my reader or the card anywhere. I need it. So, what'd I do? I went to Wal-Mart after putting the baby to bed, makeupless, in the frigid cold, and looking like a hobo to purchase new ones. [Doesn't it figure that I ran into a student while looking like a hot mess too?]

And yes, I realize the card and reader will both show up mysteriously since I went out of my way to buy new ones. That's just how these things work. Totally aware.

-Today at lunch is my husbands work Christmas party and I'm allowed to go and bring Eme. Of course, any proud daddy would want to show off their baby, right? So of course, he wants us there. But, the thing that could possibly keep me from going? Its at a country club, and jeans are not permitted. I haven't even worn anything other than jeans in seven months. I've yet to even rummage through my closet to see if I can fit into my pre-baby dress pants. I'm already shuddering at the thought. Ugh. 

-Does anyone else go grocery shopping and then order pizza, even though your fridge is full? Basically--for convenience? How dare you be so wasteful. 'Cuz I don't.....

-I need to pay a little elf to come address all my Christmas cards. Do any little elves read this blog?

-Guess who likes her solids again? Guess who's doing a little less gagging and a lot more eating these days? Guess who even ate little (itty, bitty) pieces of chicken (only) out of the barbeque pizza last night. [Umm pizza....say what? oops...]

-After running to Wal-Mart (which is conveniently by a Dunkin Donuts) in the frigid cold last night, I called Dec up to see if wanted a hot drink from DD. At first, he said no. So, I kind of let his decision be my decision and decided to start to head home. It's not like I really needed it or anything, right? THEN, I get a text....something like, "Well, how about one of those new latte's?

Like a responsible driver I didn't text back, I called instead (I guess talking on the phone isn't all the responsible either...I digress).  Guess what? He'd just seen a commercial for some of their new drinks. It triggered him to want one. Marketing works. 

So anyway, I was still within the shopping center so I went back towards the drive-thru. Declan wanted me to ask the guy over the speaker (the cute man from India, whom I know, because I may or may not have been there at least 4x a week while pregnant) exactly what a "Dunkachino" is. Meanwhile, D is still on the phone with me.

Me: "Is a dunkachino like a cappachino?"

Him: "No no. A dunkachino is a dunkachino."

Me: "Um...okay. But does it taste like a cappachino?"

Him: "Okay. One medium dunkachino!"   [Uh. Okay. Thanks.]

Meanwhile, Declan and I are giggling on the phone like little school girls, because, it was actually funny. At the time. Err. Then, I see on their little sign that they sell a vanilla chai latte. Stupid me decides to ask another question.

Me: "Can your vanilla chai be made into decaf??" (Decaf DOES affect me...hence, the question.)

Him: "No no. Vanilla Chai...DECAF?? No. No."

Me: "Uh. I guess that's a no. I'll take hot chocolate please."

Him: Laughing at me. Over the speaker.

When I got to the window, he was still giggling! No joke. 

-I totally made a video yesterday of recent video clips of Emeline that are so cute. I always like seeing babies on video versus just photos all the time. It makes them seem more real. Yea. If that makes sense. But, I totally am feeling lazy and not like downloading, uploading, etc, etc. Maybe another time?

I have an almost-crawler by the way and it.is.scarrrrry.

Now, if you'll excuse me while I go rummage through my closet for a pair of dress pants that fit. Oh heaven, help me. It's sure to look like a bomb went off, and might produce tears.

Happy Wednesday!



21 comments:

  1. Hahaha. Your DD experience is my McDonald's experience EVERY MORNING!! Except the McD's people don't get the excuse of being from another country. I used to get a nonfat sugar free vanilla latte. Well, that's what I would order. But they seriously got it wrong 4 out of 5 times. The majority of the time, they make it ICED without asking. Weird. Sometimes it was a mocha, sometimes they forgot ANY syrup! So now I just order a nonfat vanilla latte (bc apparently the sugar free part is just WAY too much for them to handle) and I say HOT! And voila! They get it right. Argh. Took me 7 weeks to figure out my little system :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guilty! The bf and I just shake our heads at each other as if all that shopping exhausted us and we can't cook! But it's so yummy & easy! DD story was hilarious! :)

    P.S.
    Your blog is super easy to comment on from my iPhone thus u will be seein alot of me around these parts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just saw your tweet about your pants, yay! Hope your party is fun. And glad E is liking food again, it's so fun feeding them. Is that weird? Anyhow, I was really strict until about 7 or 8 months and then pretty much gave in and let her try whatever we were having!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have any dressy maternity pants left? I may or may not still wear a pair of maternity pants to work because they are cute, comfy and I get TONS of compliments on them - I just roll the band down, which helps make my belly look flatter, lol, and wear a tunic style/longer top with them. When people at work compliment me on them, I just don't have the guts to tell them, "Why thank you, I got them from Motherhood Maternity and yes, I still wear them even though my baby is a toddler."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same dress pants issue--I need to wear them to J's company party on Saturday, and none of them fit well (I can zip them up, but I look like a sausage!). The hard part is that I have a 37 inch inseam, so I can't just pop into Target and buy some (even if we had the money to do that)--they have to be special ordered! Anyway, I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I love me a dunkachino from DD...sadly we don't live close to one. And I hear ya, decaf affects me too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I could tell you how many times I've grocery shopped then promptly ordered take-out, you'd be ashamed.

    Heck, after shopping for it and putting it away, I can't stomach the thought of cooking it right away.

    Sigh. I'm lame.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought a black belly band from target and I still use it when I wear dress pants cause I still can't button them without everything looking like a hot mess.
    I have an almost crawler as well and I'm scared.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Um...we had frozen pizza for dinner last night if that tells you anything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. As for addressing your Christmas cards, I make labels. That way I can take away or add whatever I need to each year. Super easy to do and easier to just stick on labels than hand write them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I find us doing the same thing after grocery shopping! Hope you found some pants! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This post was cracking me up b/c it sounds like the way my thoughts work too and how my day goes!! It never fails when I go out to get something looking all a mess I run into all my friends from hs i haven't seen in FOREVER!!! And this time I had a big ole zit to match! I never get zits but yep on that day it had to appear and show up for my friends..haha!!

    Oh and I would have sooo went in DD too YUMMM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your blog makes my day!!!

    We usually go grocery shopping then order out.. I think its the thing to do!

    I dont know what I'm going to do when I have to go back to work. I'm sure NONE of my slacks fit me!! EKK. Its sure is fun feeling fat at Christmas time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Funny you should talk about pizza after the grocery store. I just took the bambino to the grocery store for the first time (every.single.old.person wanted to see her... totally icks me out!) only to come home and find that my husband has ordered pizza. I may or may not have had a couple of slices. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So funny. I laugh at drive thru guys all the time. Sometimes my dad just gives up because he can't understand them and makes us talk for him.

    Hey....I can mess around with some pictures of yours to see if I can make Christmas cards...only if you want.

    allie_kriegy@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. After an afternoon of grocery shopping which is physically demanding, then schlepping all that crap inside, emptying (and thus cleaning) out the fridge, then putting it all away, I'm all about ordering in or just going out to eat. Rock on, sister!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm very glad that there's not a Dunkin Donuts nearby my house. Because that would be really bad.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tonight we went grocery shopping and then stopped at wendys on the way home. oops.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm sure you looked awesome at the Christmas party! And I really don't think it's fair that you tease us with talk of a video and then not post it. (Just sayin').

    ReplyDelete
  20. #1 I totally hate cooking dinner the day I grocery shop. It was enough work to do the shopping, why should I now have to cook?!

    #2 I laughed out loud when he said "Okay. One medium dunkachino!" haha love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. so did you find pants that fit?? :) I had to go buy new pants that fit so I currently rotate through 3 pairs of pants and 2 pairs of jeans and 1 pair of khakis! :)

    Oh well, it's worth it!

    Love the blog. Your family is adorable!

    ReplyDelete