Pages

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I declare it PJ day.

The other day it was pouring down rain.

I mean, beat-on-your-windows pouring down rain. 

The little lady had woken me up around 5am--she was hungry after sleeping for a good 8-9 hours. As I fed her, I listened to the pelting rain on the windows.

As I sat in the chair & nursed, I reached over and maneuvered the blinds a little to get a peak of the monsoon rain storm that was going on. 

It was baddddd. Like, I-never-wanna-leave-the-house bad.

Those used to be the days that sucked so very bad when leaving for work. Not to mention the fact that I traveled between two school buildings. Getting soaking wet (hair, pant legs, shoes, etc) in the middle of the day was never my cup 'o tea either. In fact? I dreaded it.

Those were the days I just wished that I could close my eyes and make it Saturday. Ya know? 

But this time--it was different. I heard the rain...I checked out the insane outdoor scene, but I didn't shudder inside. In fact, I got to put my girl back down for a few more hours of sleep....and I? Got.to.do.the.same.

It rocked.

I slipped into bed and that good feeling came over me. You know what I mean? I could hear the torrential rain...my baby was fast asleep....and I didn't have to leave my house.

It was the same feeling I used to get after calling in for a sick day, and then getting to slip back into my covers and snooze away the sickies.

YOU KNOW that feeling, don't you?

I can't express enough how much I love this stay-at-home-mom role. Not because on a rainy day I get to go back to bed (as that's not typically the case, unless, of course my baby agrees!)---

BUT? On days like that I do get to declare it "Stay-in-your-PJ's & don't-go-anywhere-Day!"

And it rocks.

14 comments:

  1. So jealous! With it being so cold I just want to hibernate and not leave the house.

    This was in my reader this morning and I thought of you. (Sorry not sure how to make it a link)

    http://memoriesoncloverlane.blogspot.com/2010/12/elf-and-owl-pinecone-ornaments.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a PJ day like no body's business! So jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need one of those days. Really. Really. Need. Maybe Santa will bring me one. Now if I could just convince my kids to sleep [in] on that day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, so jealous. I would love that feeling! I can't wait until it's the right point in our lives for me to stay home and raise our kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, THAT feeling? Is seriously one of THE best feelings in the whole world. So happy you're happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh there aren't too many things better than crawling back into bed on a sick day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a good storm, just as long as I don't have to get out in it! I am with you, days like those just make you want to stay inside and keep snuggled up all day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds amazing!!! It's been SO bitter cold here that I wish I could do the same! Needless to say, we've been doing a lot of indoor recess!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I felt the same way the other day when it was pouring and soo windy.. thinking to myself just a few short months ago I would have been wakin while it was dark (not like I dont do that every morning now anyway) but getting up in the dark getting ready and rushing through the rain.. those are the day syou can never really just WAKE.UP...

    ReplyDelete
  10. i totally stayed in my pj's most of the day too!! finally threw on jeans and a sweater to go with the hubs to get dinner...but came right back =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's one of the things I miss now that the older two are in school. Not having to leave the house on those kinds of days.

    They're the best, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  12. There are few things I love more on a rainy col day than waking up, eating breakfast, and going back to bed!

    ReplyDelete