Pages

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Silent Sunday: Our Christmas in Photos

Eme's first Christmas was perfect. 

On Thursday night we started with a trip to Hershey Park's CandyLane. 'Twas cold but SO much fun. You can see by Emeline's expressions that she had a good time. Yea?


Christmas Eve morning we had our little family time. Breakfast...christmas music...coffee...and presents.

We had a good time soaking up the memories with our baby. So what if she was more interested in the paper than the gifts? Was still special in every way.

Christmas Eve we headed to my in-laws and had a great time too. I have no photos from this time since Declan's sister is a photographer--I leave that part up to her :) I'll get some eventually from her.

Early the next morning, we headed to my parents, in PJ's---and had a crazy, fun time. There were six kids, 3 dogs, and lots of adults trying to stay sane amongst the madness. But, of course, in a happy-"It's Christmas!" type of way. Was good. So, good.



But---the most special part of the day was when this happened. And? We felt so lucky to be a part of it and get to witness it:

My sister, Susan and her fiance, Gerald----ENGAGED! 

Thank the Lord, I was gonna burst. I've known all week and I tell my sister everything. But? This was so special that of course I kept it from her. She was surprised, and so so so very happy. So are we.

Hoping your Christmas was pretty awesome, too.

19 comments:

  1. I love the photos and I'm not going to lie, I totally teared up when I saw the ones of your sister getting proposed too!
    I'm such a girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. awe, that is so special. You're christmas looks so special. I am glad you had a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is the video???????

    :)

    Cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT photos! I'm with Laura, though...video, please?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling photos! Congrats to your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your sister's face in the photo of him proposing. How wonderfully sweet. Emeline looks like she had a fantastic Christmas as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohmygosh! Your sis is engaged! Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet! We clearly need to hear this proposal story - congrats to your sister!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your blog... I love the colages... totally laughed out loud at the iphone for dummies photo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had a great christmas. congrats to your sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love E's expressions in the first set of photos, and your sister's in the last! Congrats to her:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for Susan!!! I'm SO happy and excited for her! I'm glad you guys had an amazing Christmas :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. How awesome! Heading over to your sister's blog right now to tell her congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. aw, what wonderful memories for your family. Especially the proposal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, I have tears! You're sisters expression is so very special! What a wonderful Christmas for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww what a wonderful Christmas. Eme's faces are just too precious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay!! I take it she said yes? Congrats to your sis.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's such a wonderful Christmas! Sounds like so much fun. Congrats to sister - yay for weddings!

    And those pjs and the shirts that say "My husband rocks" - so cute!

    ReplyDelete