Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

Friday Frick-Frack

Big day today. Declan is getting Lasik Eye surgery. For real. He'll be 'going under' the laser at approximately 2-3pm'ish....so, if you would, say a prayer? Of course there are risks involved, but I'd like to think he'll just come out with sparkly new eyesight and no complications.

Anyone willing to pray for safety, quick healing, etc---so.much.appreciated.

**

Thanks for all the nice comments/encouragement on my post from yesterday. Its nice to feel better, and it's nice to know that I have some great friends supporting me through all this. If I could squeeze-hug you all right now, I so would.

It sounds like a ton of us are all working on some pound-sheddage and its nice to know we're not alone in this. 

I decided to bust out some of my old OLD jeans (as in, the ones I wore pre-PRE pregnant), you know...just for fun. And ohmigosh, I pulled up jeans I haven't seen in years, zipped, and magically buttoned. Not.kidding. It felt amazing.

So much so that I even snapped a picture of my rear end in the jeans and sent a picture-text to my sister. [What? We're close like that.] It felt so good.

**

We woke up to snow this morning. I hadn't really been paying attention to the weather this entire winter because honestly, I just stay home. I used to thrive off the weather channel and whether or not it would bring enough flurries for us to have a 2-hour delay from school or not. But now? Everyday's a two hour delay. Or something like that.

But anyway. The past few weeks we've had a bit of snowy'ish/icy-like weather, and apparently I'm still on the CALL AT 5AM LIST from the district. I've been getting all the "school's closed" or "we're operating on a 2 hour delay" calls at 5 flippin' AM and I honestly don't have a clue how to stop it.

Sigh.

Those calls? Used to be the highlight of my winter. But now? They're not cool. Not cool at all.

This is how I feel about them now:
Eme's new "face"-thanks to my Pastors wife :)



























**

Alright friends....off to sip chug my coffee. This is the last day I'll see my husband in glasses. Eeek!  Prayers please!

Happy Weekend!

20 comments:

  1. That face is so stinking cute that I can't even focus on the rest of what you wrote. I saw it on twitter yesterday, and it's just too precious.

    Congrats on the jeans though! I can't wait to get back into weight loss mode- right now, I've been sick, but I'm seriously ready to go back to the gym.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That face is so stinking cute that I can't even focus on the rest of what you wrote. I saw it on twitter yesterday, and it's just too precious.

    Congrats on the jeans though! I can't wait to get back into weight loss mode- right now, I've been sick, but I'm seriously ready to go back to the gym.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband had that surgery the day before Thanksgiving 2009. He said it was the best decision. He loves not having glasses. I do know that he slept a lot during the first few days, but after that, I had a husband who had a whole new face, since I had seen him with glasses for so long.

    Congrats on the jeans. I know that is a big accomplishment! I also wanted you to know that Eme's new face is too cute!

    Enjoy your 2 hour delay! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. prayers headed on up!

    But no worries, I had that surgery three years ago and it was the best decision I have EVER made. I would pay three times what I did, that is how satisfied I have been. He'll be great, recovery is pretty easy as well, and he'll have new eyes!

    It is really pretty surreal still..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking about you guys today! Love that picture of Eme! It's too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying that everything goes well with D's surgery today! :)

    That picture of Eme may be the creepiest, yet cutest picture ever! Ha!

    And lookatyou ... jeans ... pre-pregnant ... you go girl!!! :) I can barely fit in jeans I wore last week!!! keep it out! Oh and start posting some of your recipes you're cooking ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really wish my husband will put the $$ away to do Lasik. His mom did it about 5 years ago and has had great results. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh, that picture is too funny!!!! Hope Declan’s procedure goes well!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will be praying for Declan :) God will make everything go without any complications!

    I LOVE Eme's face! I honestly laughed out loud at the office! Haha. It's going to make me laugh all day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to go on the jeans!!!!!!! I bet it felt so good

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praying for D Money today! And that face ... oh that face :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my GOD, I have the most irrational fear of eyeballs. Seriously. I might have to just pray for Declan's "thing", because if I pray about lasik, I might puke. Ha!

    Also, congrats on the jeans. That is AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will say a little prayer for Declan - I am sure everything will go smoothly.

    Congrats on the pre-pre-prego jeans...doesnt it feel amazing??

    Lil' Eme is too freaking cute - love, love, love that face!!

    PS: you got an award over at my blog, not sure if you do them - but thought i would share anyways!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Saying a prayer for Declan now. And oh my gosh, frame that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Declan is in my prayers today!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lasik is a piece of cake so I'm sure Declan will be in and out of there in no time :) It's super safe and It's amazing how far they have come since they started doing it years ago.

    I had it done 5 years ago and it's not bad at all. The only weird thing was watching what they are doing without being able to feel it. It's just kind of crazy to see it, but it's very minimal pain and I had a more invasive procedure than most people get and I was fine within a week. just remember LOTS of eyedrops. They are like heaven :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. How is it that her fussy face is still just as cute as the rest of the smiley faces?? You SO need to frame that.

    My mom had that lasik surgery a looong time ago when it first came out (I think I was 15?). It definitely worked. She was almost legally blind, so for her? This was a total miracle. She needs to go have it tweaked, just because it's been so long. Anyways, don't worry. Declan will be just fine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very strange, my hubby is getting LASIK next week as well! Good luck to yours!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hah, E's face is so awesome in that picture. I know from Twitter that D came through his surgery and it seems that everything worked out. I'm so jealous him - I want the surgery so bad! You'll have to let me know how the recovery goes.

    As for the 5 am calls, can't you call the district and say you're on leave and so don't call? Seriously that would piss me off! You need your sleep!

    ReplyDelete