Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

Oops. Is it still friday?

The day slipped past me.

It's 4:30pm and I haven't posted at all today. I prefer (by choice) to post daily. It's just my thing. 

But this morning Emeline woke up with what seemed like some kind of cold/infection going on. I immediately thought it was some sort of ear infection. With the weekend, I wanted to find out and get her on meds if that was the case.

You see, with Eme, you just cannot tell by her demeanor if she's sick. Last time she was pretty sick and had to be on antibiotics, the girl was happy as a clam. Certain things were off....like, nighttime waking, runny nose, etc--but, its hard to tell just by how she's acting.

Anyway. I was so that mom today, because as it turns out-she's fine. Well, besides a little cold & congestion. She's absolutely fine.

I wasn't "worried" per-say, but I'd rather nip sickness in the butt versus wait it out too long, ya know? 

But, yea. Pretty sure the doc thought I was a moron. However, her & the nurse both enjoyed a little playtime with Eme since, you know, she's the happiest kid around. No. Really.


**

You know my sister is engaged, right? Yea. I totally mentioned that. Well her wedding date is set now (October 15th), and the planning has begun. 

I've been waiting for this day, for, like-EVER. I mean, the day(s) of planning with her. 

Tomorrow? We are headed to a bridal show. I never did that kind of stuff when I was engaged, and thinking back on it, I have no clue why. But, we're doing it tomorrow.

This momma who hasn't been out since Monday (other than a lunch date today with my sister-in-law, Lyryn), is getting a break tomorrow. Thank the Lord for my mom who is willing to hang out with her granddaughter at the drop of a hat. She rocks.

**

Did I mention that I splurged on a diaper bag? Yea. I may have spent some of my hard earned Etsy money on a bag this past week.

You see, I do believe every mom should have a bag they love. I, however, never, ever, ever bought a diaper-bag yet. Shocking, right? I've used what was given to me, or bought for me (showers, etc), and I'd even won one on a giveaway that I have loved. But, I was ready for something fresh, and more, you know-"less diaper-bag'ish".

Here she is:

kokopax.com

Sigh. Pretty isn't she?

***

Have a great weekend!

psss...I may or may not have gotten bored and redone my blog design.

20 comments:

  1. Oooh that bag is so you! And love the new look of the blog! Glad Eme's not sick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bag...I may just have to buy one for my next service dog puppy. Oh! and your blog colors are cute #mineisthesamecolorfunnystory

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want that bag... and I don't have a baby. :)

    Happy weekend, love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bag! Kenrick won't let me get a girly bag :(
    Once again I love Eme's pants! so cute.

    Take care,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. ADORABLE diaper bag!! Love it! I've had 6 (with three kids) and I finally have stuck with the same one for the last year!
    Also, if your sister is looking for affordable and great quality wedding invitations, I would love to help! Have her take a look at my website.
    www.yourlifelongmemories.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, that bag is so cute! I may have to get one.
    You'll have so much fun at the bridal show! I went (with my hubby. I know, he's a brave man), and it was fun but overwhelming.

    Also, I've been THAT mom several times, but like you, it was more of wanting to make sure he didn't have an ear infection or something before it got worse. Noah's like Eme, always happy even when sick. Turns out, it paid off once. He had tonsillitus (sp? sorry, it's late). Better to be safe.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I really like that purse!!! So chic! Hope little E feels better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That bag is ADORABLE! As is your layout. And yay for wedding planning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the new design! Yours are always so cute.

    And that bag is so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. awww feel better eme!!!!

    love the new blog design

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad Emeline isn't too sick! She's such a cutie! And love the diaper bag :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I may or may not be stealing that bag from you. Have fun today!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cuuute bag. I may need to spend some time/money at that store...

    ReplyDelete
  14. She is soo cute! Love her outfit!!

    And I want that bag even though I don't have any babies..haha

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute bag! I totally splurged on a diaper bag for K when she was about this age too, it's time for one you love:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your new diaper bag!!! I think I am going to get one too!! Are you planning on using it as your main purse too?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think that diaper bag looks adorable, actually more like a cute purse :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. The diaper bag is CUTE! love it

    ReplyDelete