Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tuesday things.

We're getting snow. Not a whole bunch, but enough for the grocery stores to look like Target on Christmas Eve and everyone to be running out like crazy people to get a loaf of bread and a gallon of milk. 

For the record, I will never understand why those are the items everyone gets when snow is coming.

I mean, really? I'd rather be snowed in with a bag of doritos and a miller lite coke zero. But, that's just me.

Speaking of food, that's a whole other topic that I'd like to devote an entire post to in the future. You know, that whole trying to eat better thing that sucks so bad, but at least yields cool results.

Because? Someone cough*me*cough is FINALLY (after 8 friggin' months) back to my pre-baby weight. Took long enough. Those last 8-10lbs lingered around for way too long. And now? I am on a quest to lose more. More on that another time.

~~

You might as well hand me a pair of grannie-panties, because I'm so old. So, very old...and crazy irritable when it comes to people being inconsiderate about loud, repetitive noises. 

Take for instance the other evening. I was sitting on my couch, enjoying some peace and quiet while my daughter had just been laid down to sleep. 

Out of the blue I hear this obnoxious, LOUD horn beeping over and over and over again. I can immediately tell that this is not a car alarm, because the "horn" has major attitude with it. You know, when someone is pissed off and just wants [blank] to "get in the darn car already!" Yea, that kind of attitude.

So, BeepBEEPbeepbeepBEEEEEEEEEP. 

[pause]

BeeeeeeeeeeeeepBEEEEEEEEEEEPbeeeeepBEEPbeepBEEP.

At this point, my blood is boiling. Like, really? Its 8:30pm. This is RUDE. Rude.

I proceed to go to my front door, and swing it open with sass---secretly hoping I could yell something super awesome and threatening like, "Who do you think you are truck-man!? My BABY IS SLEEPING YOU DOUCHEBAG!" [Please note: I hope no one is offended by the term 'douchebag'--I, for one, find it hysterical and use it lightly. Just sayin'.] 

Lucky for him, all his kids came trapsing out of the house (after weekend at mom's) in the knick of time. Because I was thisclose to going all sorts of momma-bear on him. Rawr

All that to say---I'm old. So, old. As my friend Liz put it, soon we'll be those women yelling out the door, "Hey, you kids--GET OFF MY LAWN!" 


19 comments:

  1. we go through milk normally super quick. so much, that i always buy 2 gallons at a time, and within a week, it's gone.
    never fails ... when i NEED to buy milk ... it's pandemonium (sp?) at the grocery store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just posted something along these lines on my Facebook status Sunday morning. Our neighbor's driveway happens to be on the side of the house where Connor and our bedroom wall is. a.) if Illinois had emissions tests, her Jeep wouldn't pass. b.) She must be deaf because I can guess what song is playing in her vehicle... and I am inside. Really? Turn your music down, get your Jeep fixed, oh, and stop playing the BONGOS on your screened in porch! Just sayin'... and I thought we were in the clear when we bought a house on a dead end with retired folk.. until she moved in next door!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on losing your baby weight! My last 10 pounds hung un until my baby was 18 months old.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the same way about obnoxious people, and I don't have kids yet - I'm afraid for when I do!!

    Congrats on getting back to pp weight!! Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you're extremely justified in your distain for obnoxious noises like that! Especially since E was asleep and all.
    And seriously, I'll join the little old lady club with you since I hate when kids are on my lawn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, the bread and milk philosophy? Those two are the first things to go bad. If you buy fresh, they'll last through the storm. (nevermind that you could just freeze the bread and the likelihood of getting "snowed in" in the south here is slim). :)
    I get so annoyed when people are loud outside now, even during the day. Noah takes naps, and I get all panicky when it's loud out. He usually sleeps right through it though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to be snowed in with you! Doritos, miller lite and coke are up my alley! Milk, bread, eggs ... I don't get that either! Glad I am not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Agh! The grocery store during the snow is ridiculous. People buy abnormal amounts of things. We went the other day (haha to get milk and bread and ground beef) all joking aside we were truly out of these things! Anyways, apparently the grocery store was out as well. So frustrating. Just buy your normal items people - no need to stock up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah! Back to pre baby weight! Its ok to yell at that guy. Baby sleeping is all important!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can hook you up with the granny panties. I accidentally bought a pack of ULTRA HIGH undies at target instead of bikini cut. Whoops. Also, you clearly know by now that douchebag is my favorite word of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm still struggling with the baby weight. I'm working out harder than ever, but still am not back down to pre-pregnancy weight. I *think* I'm eating pretty healthy, but maybe I need to start a food journal...CONGRATS to you though, that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always wonder about why people flood Wal-Mart for milk and bread as well, I mean, I'm with you: a bag of chips, some Reese's and of course, some Diet DP and I'm set! Of course, now that I have my daughter, I do see the importance of having enough milk in the house, because she drinks ALOT of it (like two gallons a week by herself)! So, I always pick up a gallon of milk with my Diet DP when I join the crazies at Wal-Mart!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on shedding those last few pounds. ALSO you are not the only one who would find that *douchebag* incredibly rude and annoying, sleeping baby or not!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on losing the last of your baby weight! I cannot wait till I can say the same...but for now my scale will continue to creep up instead of down.

    I was cracking up at the last part because when I was over at my SIL's she totally did that! And I have been this close to doing it...especially when I had a kid stand outside my window watching my TV (Oprah to be exact)...weird.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's not old to be worried about noises outside waking up the baby. I might have done the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a good Momma! Now you know why Momma Bears protect their cubs so protectively! They sleep all winter!! Laughed so loud when I read this I thought I'd p...d myself!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, sister, I HEAR you. I am all kinds of cranky in my old age. I'm suddenly such an insanely defensive driver of GROCERY CARTS I think my kids just might need helmets. Yup.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jeremy has been the "you kids get off my lawn" guy for years. This was a great post hon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You go, girl! Back to your pre-baby weight and she's not even one! NICE WORK!

    ReplyDelete