Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

Yep, he makes me all mushy-like.

I don't think anyone wants to hear how lucky I think I am when it comes to the husband department.

But, that's too bad.

Because? My husband is ten sorts of awesome and he deserves some praise.

[cue "my husband rocks" hoodie & cheesy pic of me]
just for you babe...ha.

I know when I talk about my husband on the blog, its pretty much always positive. Well, there's a reason for that. 

He's a saint. Okay, not exactly a 'saint'. But, he is pretty freaking great and when I think of him, or writing about him, all I can do is bust-at-the-seams in gushy'ness and praise his awesomeness.

For that? I consider myself one pretty lucky girl. And my daughter for having him as a daddy? Even luckier.

He's hard working. He provides for us. He knows his priorities and how to keep them straight. He realizes the importance of family. He knows how to play, like, really play and enjoy time with our daughter. And? Not to sound selfish---but he knows how to LOVE. Me. our baby. He knows how to love well. He knows how to make me feel like the prettiest girl eva'. And that's big.

And the little things? You know...that often go unnoticed. He's awesome at those things. Our entire household just runs smoother because of him.

My heart is full...so stinkin' full of love for him. 

So, happy birthday sweet husband of mine.

I want to celebrate at least 80 more birthdays with you. Mmmmk?? :)


***

Feel free to leave a little birthday love for the mister behind the blog. He reads. Isn't that sweet? 

ps: since so many are asking, hoodie from here: http://www.union28.net

42 comments:

  1. You guys are so sweet and cute! Happy birthday, Declan, I hope you guys have a WONDERFUL day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet!! Happy birthday to your hubby!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Declan (pronounced DECK-LYN)!! Have a great day! Hope you guys get some carry out! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Declan! Hope it's a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw! See, this is the kind of love that I am holding out for. And it will be worth it, even if I have to wait another 10 years (please God, let that not be the case, though!). Happy Bday to Declan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww so mushy but cute. Happy Birthday!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday D.. Here is to 80 more with your sweet wife!! Hope you enjoy your special day..!

    ReplyDelete
  8. GREAT POST and ADORABLE PICTURE!!!!!!! :)

    SOOOOO SWEEET!

    I love that jacket and I think i need one!

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you guys are so sweet.

    happy birthday Declan!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday to your husband! What a sweet post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday Mr hubby!

    Your relationship is one that is what dreams are made of.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sweet! Happy birthday, Declan!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday to your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday, Declan!! And, for the record, he's pretty darn lucky to have a wife like you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its so great to hear about good daddies who love their girls, and enjoy being home with them, and stick around...esp ones who show baby girls what is expected in a man by the way he loves their momma..... you deserve praise for a job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. where did you get the fun hoodie?

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG! I love your hoodie! You must share!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very sweet! Happy Birthday Declan!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a sweet post! happy birthday, Declan!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How sweet! Happy birthday Declan, I hope all three of you have a blessed day!!
    Cute hoodie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Birthday Declan! Hope it's a great day! Katie, cute hoodie!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Birthday Declan!! Hope yall have a great day together!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awww....that is so many kinds of sweetness it's unreal!!! :D :D :D

    Such a truely blessed family!!!

    Happy, happy birthday Declan!!! Hope you have an awesome day and evening w/ your lovies and may God bless you w/ oh-so-many more!!!

    Birthday wishes from Texas...:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. aww...after reading this I can stop thinking in my hubby...mine is a sweetheart too!
    We're very lucky to have them in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Aw, what a sweet post to your hubby...Happy birthday to him!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy Birthday Declan!!! Hope you have a great day celebrating with Katie and Emeline. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy Birthday to your sweet D.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I already said it to Dec via text and facebook, but happy birthday again! Not only is he a good husband and daddy... he's a wonderful Brother!!! His sister can attest (sp?) to that!

    BTW - YOU LOOKS SO HOT IN THAT PICTURE. Girl... I mean smoking. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great post Katie...Happy Birthday Declan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm totally late to the game, but I hope D had a very happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such a sweet post Katie! Praise God for awesome husbands :-) Hope you had an amazing birthday Declan!

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a sweet, sweet post! :)

    Happy Birthday Declan!

    ReplyDelete
  33. You two make me smile. Happy birthday Declan!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Happy Birthday to him, and how wonderful! I feel the same way when posting about my hubs. You are a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  35. You are an amazing couple who deserve the best! Hope your birthday was super hubs!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Happy birthday a few days late, Declan! I wrote a blog today where I talked about how my husband was going to be one of the best daddies ever, and went on to say that I don't say THE best because I think that discounts my friends who have husbands who are also amazing fathers. That sentiment definitely includes YOU! It's very obvious how hard you work away from home and AT home. The world would be a better place with more daddies like you!

    My dad used to have this picture hanging in his office that said, "Anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a daddy." I think that fits you to a T.

    ReplyDelete