Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

9 Months Old


My Dear Emeline,

I love you. 
Oh my goodness, I stinkin' love you, kid. You've been here with us for nine months, now. Nine amazing & crazy wonderful months. Lady, you make your daddy & I melt. 

We say this every month, but it really is just so much fun & SUCH a joy to watch you grow and discover new things and new capabilities.


You're a sweet, petite little lady. You weight 18lbs 6oz and are 27" long. You're wearing size 3 diapers still, and fit pretty nicely now in 6-9 month clothing. Shoes? They are another story. Girlfriend, you have some tiny little feet. You wear a size 0-3 month shoe, some 1's and a few size 2's that are a bit too big. You're just a little girl, it seems.




Despite being a little lady, you're still on the go. This month you have perfected your crawling. In fact, you're a speed crawler. You pull yourself up on everything, stand like a champ, and will even let go for a few seconds. You even do a little walking with the walk-behind, and you look like such a big girl when you do it. Your confidence grows daily.




You are a goof. You make this scary, squishy face every time I tell you to smile or say "cheese'. You make this face when you flirt with people, or want to get their attention. You adore your puppy, Mac and often make this face while you two play. 


Despite being really sick this month, you're finally better. You had an ear infection and needed some breathing treatments due to wheezing & coughing. This definitely threw off your sleep schedule, because you were doing so very good a few weeks before getting sick. We're gonna get back on your sleeping-A-game soon hopefully. 

You're still toothless. I cannot believe the pediatrician tried to tell me at your 4 month appointment that you were teething, and here we are, at nine months with still nothing but a gummy smile. It's fine by me, since you're still nursing. But, I do have to say that I have my suspicions about them being here soon. But, we'll see.

That doesn't stop you from eating, though. You eat three 'meals' a day, and you don't (or won't) eat puree'd foods anymore. You prefer to eat anything you can pick up on your own and feed yourself. You do great with this. You eat pretty much everything and anything including: noodles, rice, green beans, corn, cheese, turkey, chicken, fruit, puffs, cheerios & yogurt. I've yet to find anything you really don't like as far as table foods go.  You still nurse multiple times throughout the day (and night while you were sick), and I love that time with you. Since you're such a busy little kid, I appreciate that quiet time holding you in my arms so, so much.


You are such a joyful girl. You can most often be found smiling, giggling, making your squishy face, clapping, waving "hi", or chanting various forms of baby babble. People comment often, "is she really this happy?" The answer is yes. You totally are. 

Emeline, Eme, baby-girl, boogie, boogs, bugsy....

One thing is true. You're loved, chica. 

Always,

Momma

***

How you looked this month:


25 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I cannot believe that she is already 9 months old! Where does the time go?! She just gets more beautiful and stinkin' cute every single day... I know you're loving every second of being a Momma, and I also know that you're doing an incredible job. So proud of you, sweet Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a doll! (You and sweet, Eme!) I can't get over those eyes! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That funny face is TOO cute, I can't stand it! No matter what kind of day you having, that HAS to make you laugh:o) She looks like quite the blondie too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is really getting that "big girl" look! It seems she's getting a longer/slimmer look because of the crawling or at least holding herself differently. She is just gorgeous! I love all your pics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every month she gets cuter and cuter... I cant believe how big she looks walking behind the toy... I am so glad that she is back to her normal self now!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so pretty. I love her blonde hair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too cute! Love the face she makes when she plays with Mac, how funny! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy 9 months eme kay! aunt susie loves you and your squishy face. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a happy, Beautiful little girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hormones much? I am WEEPING ... literally, WEEPING after reading this post. Why? I don't know. Maybe because our little girl is growing up so fast?

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is looking like such a TODDLER now! I love her funny faces!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww yay she is getting to be such a big girl!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy 9 months! your pics are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Her 'cheese' face is quite possibly the cutest thing I've ever seen!

    PS - We saw Catfish last week. Amazing! Unbelievable! So glad you recommended it! Of course, Drew had no sympathy for the girl, but he's a guy like that. I LOVED it - it was such a moving, heartbreaking story.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I seriously LOVE the squishy face!! She is so darn CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh she is toooooo sweet and I say this every month but she seriously gets cuter and cuter with each passing month@

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy, happy 9 months to Miss EmeKay!!! She is growing beautifully!!! ...and did I mention C-U-T-E!!!!

    Your pics are amazing, as always...keep 'em coming!!!

    God bless!!! <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a sweet post. The last picture is my favorite. And um...she and her boyfriend G could share diapers! I love that she's so petite! I say it all the time, but man, is she cute.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Time flies! She is really the most beautiful little girl! I have loved watching her grow on your blog :) So I can definitely understand you loving her unconditionally! She is sooooo cute! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awww! My mom called me Boogs! Still does, in fact!

    ReplyDelete
  21. She really is such a beautiful baby! Our girls are so close in age. Isn't this such a fun stage??

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is SUCH a cute idea!!! She is just so stinkin' cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Times goes by so quickly. I love these monthly updates.

    Take care,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  24. That silly face makes me giggle every time!

    ReplyDelete