Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Favvy, Fav. Like, Flavor-Flav, but-not so much.

I go through phases with things, like most people. Things that I love, that I find useful, that are daily parts of my life, a favorite snack, etc. Ya'know...like, random stuff. My favorite stuff.

So here it goes.

I'm totally loving this book right now. "One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp. I know a lot of you are reading it, too. She writes over at aholyexperience.com daily. Check her out. Or buy the book. You won't be sorry. 
[Ps: Did you know I pretty much loathe reading? I know. But this book? Hard to put down.]

**

This is our favorite toy. Well, Emeline loves it too, but I do as well. Not only is it super cute to see her stand at it and play with it, but when the music comes on, she dances and shakes her little tush. It makes for some adorable moments. Not to mention, it keeps her attention for a decent amount of time.

 Who wouldn't want their own music table?

[Leap Frog music table]

**

I'm pretty much obsessed with these as a snack. Like, I eat too many. The nice thing is, for Weight Watchers, they're only 1 point. They make the perfect snack, and, well, yea--I'm obsessed. In case you can't tell, they're just Target's brand fruit strips. Yum.


**

Just throwin' it out there, you know, in case you couldn't figure that out. She's my favorite girl.


**

I'm really liking the pillows I recently recovered for my couch. I've pretty much decided that since I can sew, there's no reason for me to buy new pillows when I can easily recover them myself. I'd say that's resourceful, no?


**

I finally have a diaper bag that I love. This is my kokopax bag that I used some hard-earned Etsy money on, and I'm glad I did. You know what rocked? When the young, teen-chick at Picture People last week said to me with a look of shock, "Is THAT a diaper bag?! It's awesome." 

Made me feel less momm'ish. Not that there's anything wrong with mom-things. I love being a mom. But, you know, my diaper bag doesn't need to scream "hey I'm Michelle Duggar!" [Nothing against her. Love them, actually. Nice family. The end.]

Ahem. Back to the cute bag:


**

Flowers are my favorite. Any kind of flower. I happen to have roses that still look mostly pretty from Valentines Day around my house, though. I don't know what it is, but I just love having fresh flowers in my house. It especially helps with the winter-blues. 


**

And this little thing? I saw on my friend, Laura's blog and just had to have for my husband. It's a tiny little visor-clip for his car that will soon be filled with a picture of me and Eme. 

Isn't it sweet?


Declan doesn't know about it yet (and I'm hoping he doesn't read this post)--But I plan on just sneaking it in his car one day and letting him find it there. I think he'll like it.

**

So, there you have it...some of my favorites.

Happy Wednesday, friends.


~~~

[I'm over at Poop Whisperer today, too doing a little post-baby-weight talk. Not much, just a tiny thing.]

12 comments:

  1. That bag is awesome! And I just added that book to my "to-read" list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LIVED on those fruit bars after I had my son. In the middle of the night when I was famished from nursing or during the day while I was nursing or walking him, they were so easy to grab! I even ate them during labor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I eat fruit strips all the freaking time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't eat those fruit bars. Something about the consistency is icky.

    And I adore the new pillows. I'm trying to learn how to use my sewing machine, for pretty much the same reason. Because pillows? Ridiculous.

    And I love that bag. LOVE. My diaper bag isn't like a diaper bag at all, and I love it, but I want something new for spring. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate when you write these posts because I always have a million and two things to comment on and I feel like I'm going to be like "and also, and also, and also".. So... here I go.

    I want to read that book.

    And also, I love that bag.

    And also, E got the leap frog table for Christmas. I haven't pulled it out yet, but I think soon I will because last weekend at my mom's she learned how to pull the handle on this guitar toy to make the music ... I think the leap frog table would help with stuff like that too.

    And also, I want one of those frames for Ev's truck.

    And also....

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had that same music table...and Blake LOVED it when he started standing!!

    I'm heading to target today and I WILL get those fruit strip things.....seriously, only 1 point?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the couch pillows, love the bag, love the flowers, but seriously can't stand the Duggars. BLECH!

    Hey, 3 out of 4 isn't so bad ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where'd you get the visor clip? B needs one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those fruit bars. Have you tried to apricot ones? So yum.

    Those pillows are adorable. I made a few cases 2 years ago, and i'm ready to switch them out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree - flowers just make the whole house seem much more home-y.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I already said this on facebook awhile back, but I LOVE that diaper bag!!! Someone got me a Vera Bradley one for my shower, which is totally cute, but doesn't look as much like a purse like yours does, plus I'm afraid that it might be too small for an all day trip. I have no idea though how much 'stuff' has to be packed in a bag.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love those fruit bars!

    love the diaper bag as well. it is very posh mamma.

    ReplyDelete