Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

Friday Fragments

Naptimes around here for you-know-who have been a little testy the last few days. She's been giving me trouble, I guess you could say. Granted, she'd eventually fall asleep, but definitely not without a fight, which is unusual for her. Girl used to love her naptimes.

But, yesterday--before putting her down, I gave her a good pep talk. I promised that if she slept good Momma would take her to the glorious Target. [Since the sickies have hit here the past few weeks, it'd been way too long since we'd seen those shiny, crimson carts.]

She does this 'thing', when she gets really
happy, she puts her shoulders up by her ears
& smiles real hard. 
You know what? Girlfriend went down without a fight. Like, for hours. In fact, I had to wake her. 

So today I'm considering bribing her with a trip to Stride Rite for some nice shoes that actually fit, and see what that'll get me.

**

I picked a theme for Eme's first birthday. Yep, I did. Actually, I picked it a long time ago and it's not what you think. 

Nope, not owls. 

While we love owls, that was our theme for my baby shower (which was amazingly cute), and has come to be a revolving theme for Emeline in general. While I love it, I want something completely different for her birthday party.

See, I'm not into glitz & glamour, over the top, exotic birthday parties....but? I am into celebrating children, or a child's life. With family. Close friends. People who supported and loved you through the best & most life changing year of y(our) lives. I like little projects. I love envisioning things and attempting to bring it to life. 

So, that? That's where I'm at right now. And yea, maybe I'm a total crazy pants for having her totally unique and special birthday outfit ordered two days before her 9 month birthday. But, let's just say one (cough*me*) likes to be prepared.

**

I basically just realized that Monday is Valentines Day. Yea, pathetic. I hardly bring up calendars these days, therefore I pretty much almost rarely know the date. Honestly.

The life of a stay at home mom is so much different than me as a teacher. I used to live and die by the calendar. But, not so much anymore.

Back to the day of love. I'm not so much into the whole gimmick of Valentines day, but it does mark NINE years of me and my husband being together. Not nine married years, but nine years of being in love, being together, pretty much going through & sharing every walk of life together since then. 

While I honestly don't want to go "out" on Valentines Day (hello? Monday night..umm, thats our cozy on the couch night), I think that we should do something fun this weekend, for us. Just us. So, we'll see how that goes.

**

Oh, and for the pray'ers out there. My friend Jess is taking her almost 1 year old daughter, Livie to get an EEG this morning. She's had issues with seizures in the past and right now it appears it might be starting up again. So, could you pray for them? For her? It's a hard place to be as a momma. Thanks.

Hoping your weekend is a good one... 


14 comments:

  1. OH.EM.GEE. Seriously, Katie. That is hands down, by far, the CUTEST picture I have ever seen. Ever. Like in the history of the world. Could that pose BE any cuter? I don't think so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. So cute. Seriously? Let's arrange a marriage for Cooper & Eme. I have big plans for my boy. He's going to make the mega bucks one day to support his mama in style.

    I hear you on VD. Ugh, I have no idea what I'm doing. Heart shaped pancakes? Sounds good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pose is even more adorable than her squish face, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have put up some cute pictures of E on this blog, but I think that one takes the cake! So cute. And don't worry about bribing her. That's totally how Mom got me to do anything. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her shoulder shrug? SUPER CUTE! It's such a big-girl gesture, but so sweet on such a little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw a girl after my own heart, Target and shoes and naps :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cant wait to see her birthday party and her outfit.. little projects or anything creative and you go well together so I am sure it will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving that picture of Miss Emeline!!! :) Such a cutie.

    And you're not crazy for getting her outfit already. I'd probably do the exact same. I bet it's precious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That pic is so cute. Can't wait to hear the bday plans!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, that picture! "Oh, goodie, Target!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's been a little while since I stopped by and I just wanted to say that I love the new look of your blog! It looks great! Super cute!

    http://www.themommyhoodadventure.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think Eme and I are destined to be besties. I mean, she sleeps when you bribe her with Target, and she lifts her shoulders and grins when she gets excited - I do both those things too!

    ReplyDelete