Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Sickness can suck it.

Sick babies are so miserable. Wait no, mommies to sick babies are miserable.

I guess its safe to say both parties are kind of miserable. It's a nasty cycle. 

I feel sad for her. Sad that she can't sleep well. Sad that she is coughing.non.stop. Sad that she wants nothing to do with solid foods, which she normally gobbles up. Sad that her nose is running non-stop, that her cough is physically exhausting to her, or that she wheezes when she breathes.

I've been trying to keep this in perspective. 

I'm beyond grateful that her health, besides a few colds, ear infections, etc hasn't been anything 'serious'. It's safe to say my world would absolutely crumble if it were something really serious.

So, I'm going to count my blessings.

She's still smiling. Most the time. The girl will smile through her tears, and that's just one of the gazillion reasons I love her to death. She's still blowing happy raspberries with her mouth. Crawling around like a little champ, pulling up on things, feeding her puppy from her highchair (even though we tell her no, and holy cow, discipline is starting already? hold me...), and playing with her toys.

Since she's so active, she pretty much wants no cuddle time with me, ever. Maybe thats why I consider nursing to be so special for us...she's still and pretty calm in my arms for 5-10 minutes a few times a day. And that? Is special to me.

But when she's sick? Silver lining.....she's a cuddle bug. She gets extra bath time, because, let's be honest--the steam helps, and? She's happy as a clam in the tub. She stays up extra late, and gets cuddle time with her da-da. 

Yep. We both look as tired as we feel. Don't judge my unshowered, un-made-up-self. 

Now, if you'll excuse me...we're off to the Pediatrician.....again.

Is it Springtime yet?

13 comments:

  1. AHH sorry katie!
    Spring will be there soon.
    or you can move to orlando and its 80 degrees ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you have a sickie!! Sick babies are so sad and miserable!! Hope the pediatrician goes well and your sweet little chica is better SOON!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWW Katie...

    It's really hard when they are sick. Especially when they cannot breathe when they are laying down but can semi-breathe in your arms. Take this time to be kind to yourself and Eme. It will too pass...

    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, so stinkin adorable even when she feels like crap!!! God bless her :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww Momma....sounds like she needs nebulizer treatments!!! :( Hope not though....it's so sad when they are so little and cannot convey what they need!!!

    Poor baby!!! I have been through that twice already w/ Jackson. (countless times w/ Trey when he was an infant) He even went for his first ER visit when he was just 5 months old. *sigh* It's so sad, and so hard....

    God bless your little one and many well wishes sent for a speedy recovery!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor, poor baby. :(
    She looks so sad in that first one with you. I hate it when babies get sick. They're so darn pitiful. Hope yall can get this one nipped in the bud soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl, that is a sad baby! I know what you're going through! I love the unmade up face-you look super young-just like your 27? years!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor Saigey has the same thing + an ear infection!! She sounds so pathetic and weak if she cries (which isn't so bad lol). Hope they both get better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm right there with ya honey.. My little one hasn't felt so hot the last few days and it's killing me! Why is it even harder when they're smiling and giggling like always?!? Hope she gets to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ugh, I hear you sister! I'm DYING for spring and I don't even have a sick baby! But I'm so O V E R this cold weather.

    So sorry to hear Eme is sick. Good thing she has such a sweet mama to take care of her.

    ReplyDelete
  12. awe KP is starting to get a cold too! she has a cough and running/stuffy nose. it's SO sad! hope our girls get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww poor baby! I hope she's feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete