Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thankful Thursday, oh yea?

I haven't done a Thankful Thursday post in a while. And? Well? I think I need to. Enough said, eh.

I'm so very thankful for my hard-working husband. He's such a great dad. Last night, while we were putting the baby to bed, I couldn't help but smile so hard my cheeks hurt. The tummy-raspberries he was giving her to keep the fussie's away for a few extra minutes. The 'dancing Mac-a-boy' trick he does (err, Mac does) that makes her giggle with delight while we had to give her yet another breathing treatment. All of it was just so dang cute. 

Not to mention, yesterday, when I was having a rough-go with a non-napping child, he willingly came home at lunch to just lend a helping hand for a bit.

We adore him.

The proof is in the pudding. Or, video.

[had to crop out some insane mom-voice parts...but Declan came home unexpectedly, and you can see her genuine reaction to him--so so cute!]


I'm thankful for my sister. I adore having a sister so close in age, being able to call her whenever the heck I want, just to talk about nothing and everything. She's my best friend and I adore her. Now, all I can think about is making sure Emeline has the gift of a sister someday (don't get any ideas), because its the best. It's like a built-in-best friend. I'm so blessed.

I'm thankful for the rain. Even though I want to hate it (longing...for....spring...), it gives me an excuse (ha, like I need one?) to stay in with my girl, and try to get ourselves better. We stay in our pj's most the day, and just take it easy. Rainy days, although they can be a little bit cabin fever'ish, can also have their upsides. 

I'm thankful for health...and money to pay the bills....and for our basic needs being met. I'm thankful for family and for my little family. I'm thankful for my crazy pup. For friends I've missed and gotten together with. I'm thankful for random phone calls from friends which kill an hour of time on a long, rainy, day in--and provide laughter. I'm thankful for smiles. And for kisses. And for my Church family, my reliable car, our red wagon, and for our home. I'm thankful for the moments. The little moments that mean so much.

I'm thankful today.

37 comments:

  1. what an adorable video and a super sweet post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww...love the video! I think one of the neatest things is the love a little girl has for her Daddy. At only 7 weeks (& before even) my little Lorelei looks at her Daddy with such love & admiration. It just melts my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thankful for my sister too! We are 17 months apart--she is my best friend! The video is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWWW! Thanks lady. Those random phone calls make my day too.

    And seriously...her excitement over daddy? Precious. So precious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That video is so cute!! I'm thankful for my twin sister, it's great having someone so close in age.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the part about your sister being your best friend. It makes me SO happy for my girls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. seriously that video is so friggin cute! she's such a daddy's girl! and a mama's girl too ;)
    I love thankful thursdays. new meaning to counting your blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm thankful for you and your precious family! Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. that video is so stinken cute.. love it :) she is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is sooooo cute! Love the video and her excitement!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute! I love her reaction. Great post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those reactions! She is such a sweety!

    I'm Thankful for a wonderful Hubby who took our baby to work (not for the day but just to get some work so he can stay home). Because Mommy, was and is all sorts of sick.

    ps. It was great 'meeting' you in your vlog post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwww, love her reaction! SO adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet video! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Girls or boys...the love for their Daddy is truely amazing and such a blessing to see!!!

    I love it when Hubbi comes home from the rig (all dirty and grimey) and the FIRST thing he does when he walk in is get a big hug and kiss from Trey and Jackson!!! (aww....I'm getting teary eyed)

    My Sister is AMAZING!!! We are 2 years apart and totally best buds!!! Even though she now lives 2 1/2 hrs away... (I have 3 sisters, and love them all the same...but SHE is my closest)

    Ooh...and friends to talk to and make the day pass are AWESOME!!! All my friends live driving distance (not in the same town as me) so phone calls are great!

    This was such a great post!!! Now I'M thankful for all that is good in my life!!! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute new layout!

    Her reaction to him is SO PRECIOUS! Oh my gosh, that made me super excited to see OUR daughter do that someday. Obviously, we're about...a year away from that, lol. But still--so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  17. how cute is that! i love the love of dads to their kids!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so, so sweet. & that video? TOO ADORABLE for words.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aww what a cutie little video!! Love her reaction! So glad you caught that!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Daddies and their daughters together is the cutest thing in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  21. How dag on sweet! Daddies with their babies just make my heart melt!

    ReplyDelete
  22. THIS WAS SO CUTE!

    Were we on the same page today or what?! Haha! I couldn't think of a thing to blog about and was so thankful it was Thursday! (pun intended!)
    You look fabulous btw!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am thankful for basic needs being met as well. The mister and I have had a rough go of it the past year or so (with jobs coming and going), and sometimes I have to take a step back and just let myself be thankful that we are making ends meet.

    And oh my goodness that video! She's so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm thankful that I was able to watch that video. My goodness. So cute. I could walk in & out the door and back in again all day long to watch Becca's look of excitement when she sees me. Highlight of the day.

    And? I'm thankful for the *real* connections I've made through the internet. I'm thankful that I can put myself out there and know that 4 certain women will accept whatever it is. I'm thankful that I feel like I can actually trust, which is not something I do. Ever.

    Oh and I guess I'm pretty thankful for my cute kids, awesome husband and fuzzy animals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Aw, such a great post!

    And the video....oh so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my word...that video is quite possibly the cutest thing I've ever seen. Could she get any cuter?

    ReplyDelete
  27. LOVE that video. If you don't smile, you have a black heart. Seriously.

    G has just started to get super excited when B walks in. I'll have to try to get that on video one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  28. You guys are so stinking cute!!! Love this video!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Um, too cute. Allie is six months and her Daddy definitely brings out the smile that lights up her whole little face. I love, love, love when he gets home from work :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. um i watched the video twice because her reaction was just too cute. love love love it.

    also, sister's are the best aren't they? love my two sister's so much!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Her reaction to her daddy is fabulous. I'm so glad that you got that on video for posterity!

    ReplyDelete