Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

An unusual Wednesday

Last week I scoped out the weather for the coming week.

I noticed that Wednesday (today!) was going to be 52 degrees and sunny. It's both shocking and amazing that I consider the 50's to be a!beautiful!day!weeeee! But, that's what happens when it feels like winter has lasted 4930432908 years.

It's all relative.

Anyway.

It's been a long time since my husband has taken any vacation days from work. So I begged asked him about taking a vacation day for this upcoming amazing(ha) weather-day. Heck, maybe just a half day. To, you know, hang out with us. Go to the park. Take the baby for a wagon ride. Go to lunch. Do some errands. Just be together.

Since Saturday's together have been a thing of the past (ahem. He's been working a crapload of overtime, but he's salaried, hence, not really overtime, just overworked-), we could really just use a little time to just slow down, and hang out all together. So you better believe that's what we're doing.

He comes home today around lunchtime (since he had a meeting scheduled this morning), and then our dayO'Fun begins.

Whatever that may be. And dang-it. It better be fun. I'll be armed & loaded, camera in hand, and hoping that somehow, God decides to shine upon us and make it 65 degrees instead of 50. [Just sayin' God. Did you hear me? It's me, Margaret. I mean, Katie.]

This past Saturday afternoon, once he got home from work, we were able to get out and run a few errands. But, it was INSANE out. Like, crazy busy. Well, duh, of course it is since Saturday is most people's day off.

That was when I casually mentioned that having a week day off would be super nice. So much more laid back, less people out and about, less people at the park, etc. 

Hence my weather-scoping began.

Which lead us to today.

So now? I'll get The Baby napped & ready for a little family time this afternoon. It's amazing how good these days are for my soul. Small things go a long way with me.

**

Happy Wednesday!



20 comments:

  1. Have fun! Those are always the best kinds of days :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun today! Take lots of pictures (duh!)
    50 degrees gosh I'm jealous.
    Wanna send some up this way?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, I think it's cute that Declan's taking off an afternoon to spend it with his girls! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful idea. Weekends are way to crazy to really get anything done with a baby in tow. I'm SO ready for summer vacation so I can do things during the week instead! Have fun today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's days like this that we live for! So glad your hubby was able to take some time & enjoy the gorgeous weather with you! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these little things are what matters most, right? I totally agree! Enjoy your family day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great day out with your family!

    I laughed out loud at your "Are you there God, it's me Margaret" hahaahhaha

    we must, we must...

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!!!!! We are going to the park too! I hope you have a wonderful family day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have fun!! The hubs is off today too and I'm dragging him out of this house somewhere. Must get Vitamin D!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have fun! Can't wait to see your post about it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope yall have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, weekends are overrated anyway. My husband rotates his weekends off, but we usually end up having more fun during the weekdays. Less crowded that way. :) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Depending on the amount of patients for the day, Adam sometimes gets off at 1. I get suuuper jealous of his time off during a normal work day! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you all are enjoying your day! And I totes agree. Winter has been here forEVAH. I'm so oh.ver.it. The end.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really need to consider taking half days in the middle of the weeks sometime. I bet it would do a great number on my stress level! Have fun with the family on the day off!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope you're having a great time. Family days are theeeeee best.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have fun! Those are the best kind of days!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh have a great time! I think this is funny timing because last night when we were getting ready for bed I asked my husband to play hooky coming up-- I want to spend a day with our family too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a good idea to have your hubby take a half day to spend time with the family - I love that idea! I hope you are enjoying your day!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. such a sweet post! my husband is in school and works so he is super busy! enjoy that family time!

    ReplyDelete