Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

Bits & Pieces of Friday

-Our weather today and tomorrow? Is gonna be great. I'm thrilled because this means working in my garden, and finally enjoying outdoor time with my little family. Every Saturday for the last month has been dreary and rainy. It's the little things.

-I admit. I was not into the pre-hoopla of the Royal Wedding. But did I DVR it this morning? Abso-freaking-lutely. This is history. History. And I wanted to see her dress. But, I didn't watch a single thing leading up to it. Simply because that's not my thing. I'll make this short and sweet, but Kate? Stunning. StunnnnnING. And my full name is also Katherine Elizabeth, and while hers is spelled different, doesn't that basically make me royalty? no? ok.

-And just because little girls & their puppies are so cute:


-Birthday party prep is well underway. Since, well, it's ONE WEEK AWAY. I can't even believe it, honestly. This time last year I was huge. So huge and pregnant, and so desperately wanting to meet my baby. This year? Same time? I'm spray painting things to match party themes, making decorations, sewing table runners (omgIknow,right?!), planning presents, printing her month by month photos, and basking in the sheer joy that this little girl has brought to our life in one short year. Sigh. I'm happy.

-This is the most I'll give you as far as birthday sneak peak'ish things. The rest? I'll probably just keep to myself until I have photos to show you of the big day. Not just because I like to be all suspenseful and stuff, but, because there's a long way to go until things are done. Also a teeny, tiny bit that I want to hold you in suspense :)



-And I'm praying for all of you who were affected in some way by the storms this week. My heart breaks for the devastation that's occurred. There are ways to donate found here

***

Be sure to come back tomorrow to Link  Up for Saturday Morning Scene.

Happy Friday!


18 comments:

  1. dieing over the colors and what you have shown so far.. so excited to see the rest. Love that flag banner.. super cute so doing one of those next year, hated the birthday banner i ordered this year. didnt work out right!

    loved Kate.. and i mean that kind of makes your royalty.. or you can pretend :) She looked stunning and natural, like her self! PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emeline and the pup are adorable! Love, love, love the Birthday sneak peaks :) Such cute ideas!!!! Can't wait to see all of the party photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a cute video! I can't wait to be able to take videos like that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on the royal wedding. I wasn't into the build up, but watching it was super fun and the ceremony was beautiful and reverent. And hey, my name is Katie Elizabeth, so I'm almost a Kate name-twin, too. I love the sneak peek of Emeline's birthday party. The button monogram is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that E frame with buttons! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Horray for good weather! Hope you guys have a great weekend.

    I am loving all of her birthday stuff. I can't wait to see it all come together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The vide is presh! Kp does the same little excited scream thing! Too cute!
    I'm way excited to see all the party stuff! I know it's going to be so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a cute video! she is adorable. the sneak peek of her birthday stuff looks adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was totally enthralled by the royal wedding this morning but no one would be surprised by that, given how much I love weddings in general!

    BTW, Can't wait to see those pics from the big party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Guh! SO cute, all of it! And I am so envious of your good weather.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved the wedding. Loved every bit of it! Stunning? Heck yes! How cute is that video?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the decor so far! especially the E made out of buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tomorrow is a high of 78*. I cannot wait to spend it walking for the March of Dimes and relaxing at my sister's house on her covered patio while Connor plays in the grass with his cousin. Perfection, right? And, Eme makes me want to grow Connors hair out a little to see cute curls on a boy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am a Katherine Elizabeth too!! And yes, that totally makes us a little bit Royal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. that video is so adorable. I love hearing her laughter!
    I can't believe she's almost one! Craziness!I Gosh the time goes by so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh! She's so cute, I just wanna cuddle her!!!! My dog was freaking out when I played the video, she totally wants to go play with Mac!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm a sucker for weddings anyway. I didn't watch any of the preshow either, except for a little bit on their story and one show on past British weddings. Anyway, I adored her dress. I thought she looked absolutely gorgeous and classic. The ceremony was beautiful, and it made me want to go visit even more. And I loved William's uniform. So handsome.

    Can't believe Eme is almost one. The colors you picked are so cute. Can't wait to see all the pictures.

    Enjoy the weather this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I know you said that you're keeping it a surprise...but that banner that you showed a picture of...how are you making that? {I'm assuming that you're making it}

    ReplyDelete