Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Everybody, Everybody wants to love....

Last night, we had a date night planned. Well, more like a pre-birthday celebration of sorts. Declan bought us Ingrid Michaelson tickets, and my sister watched our silly girl for us. 


Before heading out I asked her to take a photo of the two of us, but then we grabbed Miss Emeline for a family photo real quick.

And? I love the result. Even more so than the one of just the two of us. Because this is my little family right now in it's fullness.

And it's good.


We had such a good time. We started off with a fun little stop to a brewery for dinner & drinks. 

We got to the concert in perfect time. We somehow (unknowingly) snuck into a VIP party on the balcony level with free food & drinks. And no lie, we didn't even realize we were in some special area until about 25 minutes in. 

We played it cool for a while. Soaked it in. Because, heck, I'm the birthday girl (on Tuesday, that is). 

But then? Once we realized all these older, snobbish-type-folks weren't belting out the lyrics like Dec & I were? We decided to go back down to the bottom floor where it felt more our style. 

We enjoyed the high life for a bit, though. It was fun.

I loved the time with my husband. Alone. It's good to reconnect.

**

So, I'll leave with you a picture of Emeline's new silly face we discovered yesterday.

I think she wins for "most expressive child ever" award. Ya think?


She seriously made us die laughing. In fact, I'm writing this from my buried casket.

***

Happy Sunday!


34 comments:

  1. I LOVE the face she's making! So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a fun night out with your husband :) great way to celebrate your upcoming birthday!!

    love your daughter's facial expression, totally priceless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a fun night out with your husband :) great way to celebrate your upcoming birthday!!

    love your daughter's facial expression, totally priceless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh that is the funniest picture EVER!! LOVE IT!!! Cute family picture too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You Have one adorable daughter and beautiful family =]]

    ReplyDelete
  6. That face is too funny!! She is super cute, for sure. :)

    Glad you enjoyed your birthday/date night!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously, that face! LOL! TOO GOOD! So funny:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha what a cute silly face! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds like you had an awesome night with your husband.

    i love her face in the last picture, makes me laugh! and your family photo is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you had a fun night out! That picture of your little family is too sweet.
    And that face? Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That face is so funny! It needs a great caption...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just found your blog somehow & i love it! Emeline is definitely expressive! TOO CUTE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Darling pic! She's adorable! I'm a new reader. Looking forward to following along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! That expression is hysterical!

    Glad you had a fun night out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, that face is cracking me up! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute family picture! But, OMG E's face!! She is hilarious!! And, also, very adorable!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm bringing G over so she can teach that to him. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. E just started to make a funny face too, she scrunches everything up and breaths in and out real fast

    ReplyDelete
  19. She is just the most adorable thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love me some Ingrid! What a fun birthday date! Miss Emeline's face is to die for! LOVE it! Happy {early} Birthday, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  21. She is so precious. :) Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I agree, pictures of me and the hubs? Nice. Pictures with both my boys? Love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Funniest face ever! She's a ham!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That photo? No way. No freakin' way.

    ReplyDelete
  24. that photo is hilarious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great family picture, but the picture of just Emeline? Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awesome family picture :) You guys are so cute!!

    Glad that you had a fun night out!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Spending time just the two of you is such a great birthday present! That last picture of E is hysterical. I totally agree about her being so expressive!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your family is so cute !! Your daughter is so cute ! Love her little smile!
    You can visit me at my blog here http://sailingwithbarefeet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. LOVE Ingrid, what a fun gift! :)

    ReplyDelete