Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

My Confessional

Alright. This is the down and dirty, nitty gritty. Where I rant. Or something. I say things I just am dying to get off my chest or thoroughly embarrass myself. You choose.

***

I get inspiration left and right for Emeline's first birthday party. I spend a lot of time searching ideas, saving inspiration photos, yadda yadda. But? As great as these ideas are? I have a huge fear that I simply just cannot execute them properly. Or, that they just look good in my head, but when I try to attempt them, they'll be a huge cuteness fail.

As creative and artistic as I am, I'm still extremely worried about the actual execution of party planning. Honestly. It scares me a little.

But? The invitations are out, and it's happening. It is. Getting the invitations out will hopefully be the little kick in the pants I need to get stuff done. May 7th, ready or not, here we come.

***

I get asked a billion and one questions about Weight Watchers weekly. Mainly, what is my "secret". Honestly? My secret is this: I have no secret

I follow the program the same way everyone else should does. I enter everything I eat. I eat what I want, just moderate portions and stuff. I still eat good things I love, just not all time. I have yet to cheat or go over at all. Maybe that's my secret. Who knows.

I don't think Weight Watchers is hard. In fact, I think it's easy. For me, that is. So, when someone complains that they're having a hard time losing weight while on the program, and then I see them tweet a picture of the new banana pudding milkshake from chick-fil-a they're indulging in, internally I'm all well duh! no wonder you're having a hard time. Because, let me think of the last time I had a huge milkshake....Um, I haven't.

Don't get me wrong. I splurge, often--but always within my points. A kiddie cone from DQ for example, four points. A milkshake from Chick-fil-a? Is roughly twenty-two points. Just a few points shy of my entire daily point allowance. See the difference? Yea. Me too.

It's about good choices. If not "good" choices, then at least the better of the two. End rant.

***

I teach my daughter faces. All the time. It's terrible. What kind of mother thinks its funny to see her child stick her tongue out among other things. Oh, hi, it's me. Nice to meet you.

I'm sometimes immature. So sue me.

***

A few days ago I noticed two baby spiders making a little home down in my foyer. You know, living in a little dust ball or something in the corner.

What did I do to rid them from my home? Nothing. Go ask them. They're still there, just chillin' in my entryway. I'm scared to death of the little buggers. Enter with caution.

***

I'm super cheap. I only buy clothing on sale or things that I really, really love. I think about my purchases carefully. I often put things back at the verylastsecond when shopping. If I'm not in love with it? I don't buy it.

So, when I do buy something? I become kind of obsessive. I love it so much that I'll usually want to wear said article of clothing every day for the next few days. I have to force myself not to, even though I reeeeally want to. Yea, maybe I'm like a 4 year old, maybe. But that's how I've always been.

***

I have a love/hate relationship with jeans fresh out of the dryer. Because sometimes? They have that perfectly-snug feeling that you need once they've become a little loose after some wearing.

Other times? They get that nasty-arse crinkle-creasing (always down near the calves/ankles, which killllls me) and makes them almost unwearable unless ironed. And the thing is? I don't iron.

Nope. I confess that the only times I break out the iron is for a wedding. As in, when I need to iron my husbands shirt to attend to a wedding. We are lazy like that. Or, we just sport the fresh-out-of-the-dryer look often. We take it out, and hang. No iron needed. Or, if it is? We don't bother. We're so classy.

***

I have the most hodge-podged taste in music of anyone I know. And currently? I'm listening to a heck-of-a-lot of Justin Bieber. It's pathetic, really. I'm a 26 year old mom, you know--someone who is way too old to enjoy that type of music. Yet, I do.

***

Alright, it's your turn now. Dish it. Fess up.

[Thanks to my friend Liz for the confessions inspiration]

32 comments:

  1. I've been known to re-wash and dry something completely before ironing. THAT'S how much I hate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny...I did a confessions sort of post today too. I couldn't sleep in the middle of the night so it's something I had been working on (not even knowing if I would post it or not). Anyway, I love that you teach your daughter faces. I will totally do that to my daughter. She's mine...I can make her entertain me, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's good that you act immature sometimes.
    You need to keep a playful side for all time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love confessionals. Confessionals rock. (See my blog name)

    But I especially the confessionals on The Real World which inevitably lead to bi-sexual makeout sessions, knocked over aquariums or total ugly crying by some young thing who is truly young enough to be my GRAND daughter. (well...close.)

    Ha. And you thought YOU were way to old to enjoy Bieber? I'm way too old to watch every god-forsaken episode of the Real World. Come on.

    Oh, and I don't even OWN an iron anymore. What's the point.

    Great post. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i CONSTANTLY walk around with an item in my hand/cart ready to purchase, only to put it back moments before checkout, because i just cant justify the purchase. even though MrB says it's ok. glad to know im not the only (crazy?) who does that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Eme's party is going to go off without a hitch. I can't wait to see pictures of all your ideas, you are so creative. It's going to be lovely, I'm sure of it.

    I'm the same way with clothes. When I get something new it takes all of my strength to not wear it for three days straight.

    When it comes to jeans, I'm very particular. Pants never fit right. Never. I usually don't dry jeans, but air dry and then toss in the dryer for a few minutes so they're not crispy. But honestly? My jeans? Don't get washed as regularly as the rest of our clothes. Once they fit the way I like them I can't bring myself to put them in the washer and start all over. So unless something spills on them? [and it's noticeable] Then they're not getting washed.

    Oh God, I'm so gross. You probably don't want to be my friend anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you ever tried a steamer? I refuse to iron as well, but LOVE my steamer in those situations that I really want to wear something that is crazy wrinkled.
    Can't wait to see the pictures from Miss Eme's birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure Emeline's birthday is going to be a huge hit! You could decorate with garbage bags & it would still be a kick-ass party because of your blue-eyed beauty ;)

    I must confess that I had THREE banana-pudding milkshakes from CFA in a week & a half! yikes! My reasoning was, "they're seasonal..." I'll pay for it later.

    I'm so the same when it comes to shopping. I totally put stuff back at the very last minute, then get mad I just wasted all that time for nothing. hmph!

    & I don't iron, either ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eme's party is going to be great! I kinda of wish i could be there. I'm not creppy, I swear ;)

    I bought a new pair of skinny jeans from ae last thursday (a new size thanks to ww) and have had them on 4 times all ready! totally getting my moneys worth!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this post!!! i so don't iron either, my philosophy is the wrinkles will fall out as i wear the clothes..haha!! whatever makes me feel better i guess! I am so in need of a confessional post so I am going right now and doing one all inspired by you :D and btw I know the party will be a super success and super creative!!! xoxo okay after typing that I feel like i need to put gossip girl...haha even though i don't even watch the show...i am a dork!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also don't iron. I'll tell you my secret....Downy Wrinkle Releaser. Buy it now, you won't regret it. It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I spend a half hour on Sunday ironing my clothes. It stems from growing up and watching my mom iron all of my dad's work shirts.

    Music... umm I am in love with Rhianna's S&M song right now.. and I don't care how raunchy it is. Perfect to listen to as I drive by myself with the windows down.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sometimes my idea of "cleaning" is to put it all in a room and shut the door. Isn't that what extra bedrooms are for?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was going to hem some pants the other day with the heat bond tape stuff, but I couldn't find my iron...which should be a good indicator of how often I use it, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do not iron either! I know how but fresh from the dryer is a lot easier. Thank god j works construction bc jeans & tees are easy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. holy crap we have a lot more in common then i thought.. because I am a 27 year old mom and I think I have Bieber fever ;)..

    I also don't iron.. crap if I leave stuff in the dryer for too long i spray them or get them a little dramp and hope the wrinkles come out.

    I also have had the kiddie cone from DQ bu just once and now I want a shake.. miss those shakes but 22 points.. holy crap!

    I can't want to see Emeline's party :) I know it will be fab!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree about the WW thing, if you don't put it in your mouth it won't end up on your booty ;)Easier said than done!
    I hate putting away clothes after doing laundry. They will all get folded but may take awhile to make it to my dresser! I could live out of a laundry basket. If they do get all wrinkled I do the dryer trick...I dont like to iron either!

    ReplyDelete
  18. We are in the midst of party planning too, our munchkins birthday is very close to yours! I can't wait to see your pictures. You also look great and good for you for doing WW so well.

    My confession would have to be that I am the worst binge eater on the planet. I buy organic food and drink tons of water and run races but I just can't resist an entire box of Little Debbie snacks every now and then. It's gross.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on weight loss by the way. You look fantastic!

    My confessional for today--when the kitchen isn't clean it totally stresses me out. Not that I always clean it thus destressing. It just makes everything seem chaotic to me.

    AND I like JB's "Baby, Baby, Baby!"

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am sure all of the party planning and end result will be adorable! I confess I hate to iron and rarely do it. As for the Bibb? Yeah, I love his music!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Drying jeans breaks down the stretchy stuff in them and makes them saggy. You should only wash in cold and air dry

    ReplyDelete
  22. Pssh? Iron? Me? No way. And P's in the military. But that's the one domestic duty I refuse. He does it himself if his uniforms need it. I'll do laundry, cook, clean, etc.

    But iron? Heck no.

    ReplyDelete
  23. just found your blog and love the confessions and I must admit Ive had several of the same things. Our little girls are only 3 weeks apart. Looking forward to being a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh thank the Lord I'm not the only 20-something mom who has found herself singing along to some Bieber. I actually followed him for a little bit on twitter, until some of his crazy fans started wanting to follow me.

    As for me? I may have purchased a car wash at the gas station this week, then forgot and drove off without my receipt. Shh. Don't tell my husband. :)

    ps. Eme's bday? CAN'T WAIT to see your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Exact same way with clothes. Sent back most of what I ordered online last week - if I don't love it, I don't need it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Cute post. I have no dirty secrets to share because I am perfect, really. Ha! Either that or the list is way.too.long.

    ReplyDelete
  27. O my gosh too funny.... just pulled my jeans out of the dryer and they have a nasty bad crease

    ReplyDelete
  28. I totally think you're my long lost twin! lol You made me laugh again today!

    http://tosots.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. I can't keep up! I read your blog at work, but can't comment - work blocks it. I have so many things to say about all of your posts lately. Thanks for bringing a smile to my face and keeping it real.

    Take care,
    Lisa

    P.S - Little E is so adorable. I just want to pinch those cheeks of hers!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Can't wait to see all of the birthday party pictures! Freddie kept swearing I was going to be bored to death after the party because he thought that was all I was doing. That was how I coped with the fact that my baby was growing up.

    You want to know sad...this mom watches "Secret Life of the American Teenager." It's a train wreck and I can't turn away. And I have tickets NKOTBSB-go ahead and laugh.

    I don't believe in ironing. 9 times out of 10 I'll throw something back in the wash before I iron it. My mom loves to iron it. I don't get it. When I get in teh car and put on my seatbelt the outfit will look the same as it does now, so why would I iron it?

    ReplyDelete
  31. I can't iron.

    Or make breakfast unless it's cereal or frozen waffles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I don't iron either. I also become obsessed with a new article of clothing and want to wear it several days in a row!

    ReplyDelete