Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thankful Thursday

This morning at swim class, I just really enjoyed my time with my girl.

Despite all the other moms & babies/toddlers in the pool, it felt like it was just us. I'm so proud of how well she's doing. It seems silly, I know---but, she's doing so good. She knows how to hold her breath & close her eyes when going under. She can even climb out of the pool fairly well with only a little help from me. 

I love that she loves the pool. In fact, we re-upped for another session of classes. Seeing her progress has made me realize I want to continue the good thing we've got going. I'm thrilled that she's not scared of the pool & is learning the tools to be safe in water. 

I so never thought I'd be the mom that does swim classes, but I'm glad we did.

I'm thankful for our time together. All of it. Which is a lot. I'm grateful beyond words of the time I get to spend with her. I'm fairly sure that oozes from my pours. Really

***

I'm thankful for how much love I've felt from all of you this week. The comments, the emails, the birthday wishes. 

You know how to make a girl feel loved. Thank you.

***

I'm thankful for my camera. Gee, ya think?

***

I'm thankful that Spring is coming. Well, it's here according to the calendar but not according to the weather. I'm clinging with all of me to the few days we have coming up that resemble spring-like weather. It's so good for my soul.

Need...more...sunshine....

***

I'm thankful that Emeline's 1st birthday plans are underway. I am however, NOT thankful for the idiot that stole our invitations directly from the package last week. I'm not even kidding.

I am thankful that Vista Print was super nice & had them re-shipped immediately even though it wasn't their fault but the postal services. I can always, always appreciate good customer service. 

So, thank you VP. From one almost-on-the-edge-of-a-breakdown mother. Sincerely.

***

I'm thankful for gift cards. Call me lame, but I think gift cards are The Best birthday gifts, ever. I get to spend money on myself, guiltless! Which is awesome. Considering I normally feel too much guilt to spend said money on things for me.

So, a few gift cards are always fun after birthday's. You will find me at the mall this weekend. Possibly.

***

I'm thankful for a husband who says, "Let's make a to-do list of things to get done around the house this weekend." Despite my lack of list-loving...I know its necessary and things have gone by the wayside.

I appreciate him making sure it happens. 

Maybe you won't find me at the mall this weekend, after all.

***

What are you thankful for?

17 comments:

  1. Love your side picture !!! It's adorable ! I also LOVE MY CAMERA!! You can visit me at my blog here http://sailingwithbarefeet.blogspot.com/
    I am new to blogging so only have 7 followers SO FAR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list of things to be thankful for! yaya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving our swim classes too! Jaxon isn't digging going under water just yet, but he can climb out of the pool by himself and loves to "jump" into the water. It's so fun to watch them learn and figure new things out!

    Today I am thankful for my sweet husband. For no particular reason. Just thankful that he is here, and my hubby :)

    Enjoy your Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thankful that you post a lot of pictures on your blog. Pictures of your cutie always make me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so want to do a swim class with my girl. We did tumbling and she loved it! Unfortunately they don't offer anything near us. Maybe we'll just have to stay with the in-laws for a bit.

    I love your side picture. You guys are adorable and I love your list.

    I think today I am thankful that my hubby works from home. I'm also thankful that he's handy around the house because I AM NOT. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My little man starts swimming lessons saturday and I am even more excited after reading what all your sweet little girl has learned!

    I can't believe someone stole your invites. It's a sad world we live in!

    I'm thankfulnfor my mother in law who came and played with Connor so I could do some spring cleaning around the house!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welp, that did it. You've inspired me to look up swim classes with my boy. He loves water, so I think he'd have a blast. Plus, I'm addicted to pools. Unfortunately, the Y is just too dang expensive. But maybe I can find somewhere else nearby?

    I'm thankful for my hubby being so incredibly sweet (I know I'm getting all sappy). He was in the best mood and took us out for dinner (all dolled up). Just to Panera and then for yogurt. But it was fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, I literally was thinking this morning that I need to put together a list for Kenny and I did get done this weekend arounf the house. Like stuff we have been putting off. And I thought hmmm that is a Saturday morning scene right there...a list of a bunch of things we need to do! I may just have to link that in on Saturday morning...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm thankful for large fountain pops from McDonald's while shopping in WalMart. And? I'm also thankful that our second attempt at a nap when we got home was successful ... so far.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pics you posted are adorable! How do you take photos of yourself & Eme? Do you use the timer? I want more pictures of me and my little girl, but it seems like I'm always behind the camera...

    ReplyDelete
  11. such sweet pics!! You have lots to be thankful for :)

    I'm mostly thankful for my 3 babies, husband, family & friends :) and the internet world, of course, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad swimming has been so good! I took one niece that is 5 swimming last summer and she wasn't in to going underwater! I wonder if her little sister who is 1 would do really good with it though! I'm thankful that this 5-day week has gone by fast! It's the first one I've had in awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait to get Thatcher in the pool this summer!

    I am thankful for a healthy baby, a loving husband who is excited to see said baby every day, maternity leave, having a good friend on maternity leave at the same time and living in the same city as family!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah, baby swim lessons are so fun :) I'm thankful that today my boss told his boss and his boss's boss (who would be the government equivalent of the CEO) that I'm so awesome he wants to clone me so he could have 4 more. Unexpected affirmation is such a blessing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the side pictures, theyu are so precious! thats great that she's doing so well with swimming

    ReplyDelete
  16. For Gods grace, today he blessed me with a new job. *sigh of relief*

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww, swim class sounds like fun! I'm thankful for an impromptu dinner with the in-laws that they pay for. ;)

    ReplyDelete