Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The things that made yesterday awesome.

A low key day, celebrating year 26.

Emeline muttered the forever-awaited "Ma-Ma" the day before.. My heart melted and I may have let out a tear in the shoe aisle of DSW. She continued to say it all day yesterday.
 
Woke up to realize that She gave me the gift of sleep. I had joked with her about sleeping all the way through the night (which hasn't happened in ages). She did. Eleven Hours. Woke up feeling refreshed. What a gal.

A typical morning home with Eme. Who wasn't here last year. Hello? That made my birthday 100% more amazing. Photos, photos, and more photos.


A surprise blog post by my husband that made me both cry and laugh. That man? Is seriously awesome. Trust me, I'm aware of how blessed I am. What a guy. [See? There are definitely perks to knowing each other's passwords to everything.] I had no blog post planned for my birthday since I didn't know WHAT to write. But? He had that up his sleeve for over a week. 

The few texts & calls I got to wish me a happy birthday. Why? Because I'm not on facebook now, which eliminated everyone's 'free pass' at knowing when my birthday is. So, it at least showed me the people who care enough to know. Which was nice.

Birthday Picnic. We sort of have a little tradition of birthday picnics. But the weather yesterday? Was HORRID. As in, winds that almost took our deck-railings down (again), and rain that beat on our windows. Declan brought us home food on his lunch break, and we had a living room picnic.


We improvised. It worked. And the best part? Even Emeline joined us on the floor (thanks to her highchair that turns booster-seat), and she thought it was fun to eat with us, too.

Sigh. Me loves him.

Declan then surprised me by telling me he took the afternoon off to spend with us. Bliss. That was a gift in and of itself. 

Birthday Balloons. A tradition he's had for going on 9 years now. The number of balloons obviously corresponds with my age. As you can imagine, I question him every year about what he plans to do when I'm 102 years old. He assures me that he will (duh) get me 102 balloons. This year was the first year he did mini-balloons. Which was cute.

Eme got a kick out of them.


We walked the mall. With no plans, no agenda, and just enjoyed our rainy day. 

I got a new watch that I love. 

My parents came over to hang out with our girl while we went to our small group.

My friends from my church small-group made me a birthday cake.

They sang to me.

And somehow? Despite the birthday cake I devoured, I even managed to hit my 27-lb weight loss yesterday. 


What a Happy Day it was.

**

happy wednesday!

36 comments:

  1. What a beautiful birthday celebration! Hope it was a happy day, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad your birthday was so fabulous, sweet Katie. You deserved every bit of the happiness you experienced :) I am SO proud of your weight loss! That's so amazing. You're doing so fabulous! Hope your week is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww such a great post! that shot of declan- ow ow! he looks like a model. haha! can't wait to give you your present today. i think you're gonna get a lot of use out of it!

    love all the pictures of eme, too as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful day! By the way I read the hubby's post and he brought tears to my eyes! You are one lucky wife and Momma!!! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be honest without facebook I would have forgotten my brothers bday in feb! opps :) I love birthday tradtions!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, this was so cute! I just adore your little family, so so so sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it awesome to know you are married to the man God created just for you? That is the birthday gift that keeps on giving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had such a great day! And congrats on the 27 pounds!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun! Love the little traditions you have :] eme looks cute as always

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a fantastic birthday! I wish I had seen you, but I get to see you tonight!!!! YAY!! Enchiladas and funfetti cake! SOOOOO thrilled you had an awesome birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like an amazing birthday celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. 27 pounds is awesome, way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sounds like such a great day! I'm glad you had such a fun birthday. =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Um, I cried reading about how you spent your birthday. I'm lame. NOT that your bday was lame, but you know what I mean, right? :) So glad you had a great day and got to spend it with not only Emeline, but also Declan! And, yippee on the weight loss too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an awesome birthday!! I love love love the ballons. What a sweet tradition. :)

    Glad you had a happy day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. sounds like you had an awesome birthday and how sweet of your husband to take the rest of the day off to spend with you guys. good job on your weight loss! =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful birthday! :) LOVE the picnic and balloons! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday! (a little late) It sounds like a wonderful one! I didn't get a chance to read the one from your hubby yet, but that is SO sweet!

    YAY for a 27 pound weightloss!!! Congrats! I saw on your sister's blog (i found hers after i found yours not realizing y'all are sisters till later!) that you two are doing WW? I am too! I just joined last week, though. it's encouraging to see how well you & your sister have done on it! I have been on a health journey forEVER it seems like, but hopefully it's actually working now... :) It's been a struggle. I talk about it on a weightloss blog (i have a regular blog too).

    LOVE the mini-balloons! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like a lovely birthday. Truly. Funny how the things that we enjoy change once it's no longer just about ourselves.

    I don't want to sound overly excited {see: lame} but... IS THAT A GIANT DOUGHNUT CAKE??!?!? Or just a regular bundt cake??

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like a good birthday!! I love how you always put things into collages!! SO CUTE! Do you make them on Picnik, and if so, what do you resize them to if you wanted to print it as an 8x10? I have been trying to figure that out for a while now!! ha!

    Happy birthday girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The balloon idea is SO cute!! Glad you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sounds and looks like you had a great b-day!!

    Happy a-day-late Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That looks like one amazing birthday!!
    I hope it was wonderful and full of happy memories!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sounds like the perfect day :)

    I remember when birthdays were all about getting dolled up for a night out and now? I spent my last birthday running errands with the little and the hubs and it was perfect. Amazing what growing up will do to ya ;)

    Glad you had such a nice birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  25. So glad it was such a fabulous birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a perfect day. Aren't weekdays spent together so much better than weekends for some reason? The husband did that on our anniversary last week and it was so enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sounds like a great bday all around! Even your little lady had a few presents planned, too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  28. omg. It sounds like you had an AMAZING day! I'm jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Happy Belated Birthday and congrats on hitting your weight loss goal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Happy Birthday!

    I didn't realize you were only 26.

    Glad you had such a great birthday. Off to read the post from your hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  31. so so glad you had such a fabulous birthday. you totally deserved it and so happy for you and your wonderful family!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  32. Sounds like FANTASTIC birthday. You deserve it friend. You are SO loved :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. its been proven now, birthday cake clearly has no calories :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love your birthday traditions! What fun!

    ReplyDelete