Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Happy Birthday my little love: 12 Months Old.



Dear Emeline,

Today, you are 1 year old. 

This time, last year, I was holding you in my arms in the hospital, with a heart enlarged 1,000 times. So full of love for my little baby girl. My tiny, little 6lb 10oz newborn baby. In both shock & awe that my body could do such an amazing thing, and so in love instantaneously with this little person who would change me to my core.

You.

So perfectly you. 

 

I've never been more satisfied & fulfilled in all my life. Being your momma is my greatest pleasure in life. My greatest joy. You make me & your daddy so happy, so proud call you ours. As we teach you new things, you do the same for us. Every day with you is a new, fun, fresh start. We love that you're so beautifully you. Smiley, radiant, pretty little Emeline. We love you so hard.


I remember so vividly the newborn days when you'd just curl up on my shoulder and sleep. Or how much you loved your swing. How I'd swear you couldn't get any cuter. Or that you'd be teeny-tiny forever. And my, how quickly you changed into a little girl. Wandering around the house. Throwing all your shoes down the stairs. Playing with your puppy. Eating food like such a real little person. 

The changes come daily. They are endless. It goes so fast. 

But you are healthy, and growing, and becoming independently you. We thank God for the easy little baby you've been. And how you've rocked our world in the best way ever. 

You are our little sunshine. Our radiant, beaming, happy-go-lucky, sunshine girl.


You love to play. When I ask you what a duck says, you fold up your arms and flap like a duck while mimicking my "quack-quack-quack" sound. You tell us when you're sleepy and repeat the phrase, "Nigh Nigh". You try to gain every persons attention within a mile radius by squealing, "Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!" and waving repeatedly. You say "Mmmmm" when you eat yummy foods. You even blow kisses now & make the "Muahhh" type kissing sound along with it. 

You play peek-a-boo, but sometimes put your hands over your ears, head, etc instead of over your eyes. You started doing some signing for "more" & "please". I swear that you can say "thank you", or at least something that sounds like it. You still say "da-da" more than "mama", but you're capable of both. When I tell you to give your stuffed animals "huggies", you hold them tight by your neck, giving them a squeeze, and rocking back and forth. Whenever you hear music you dance. If I say, "Dance! Dance! Dance!" you will break out into booty-shaking wherever you may be. You're pretty much the life of the party in your sassy & sweet way.


You're weighing in around 20 1/2 lbs, and we'll know more specifics on measurements and such tomorrow at your 1 year checkup. You still wear mostly 6-12 month clothes. Clothing that's 12-18 months is all too big, even just 12 month shorts, skirts, etc are still a little big. 9 month fits best. You still have petite little feet.


You don't "walk" yet, but you did take your first very distinct, completely on your own steps last thursday (May 6th), and both your daddy and I got to witness it. It was a step, step, step...then a pause (where you regained your balance), and another two steps, then you fell. We cheered for you! I shed a tear. It was so exciting. I think you lack some confidence in the walking-department. You'll walk all day long with someone holding your hand. But, you still do love to crawl. And Fast.


You eat three square meals a day. All table foods. You are now 100% on milk, and you have about 3-4 small cups a day. You took to the transition so well. It's so weird to me that you eat/drink so much like a regular person now (ha), since for SO LONG you nursed every 2 hours. I remember those days. Those long, long days.


You started sleeping like a champ the day you turned 11 months old. Why you waited so long? I have no idea. But most nights, you give us about 10-13 hours of straight sleep, that is, unless you're having teething issues. Speaking of teeth, you have two little bottom teeth, and your top left is popping through now. 

I'm still in some disbelief that I'm even writing your 12 month update, little girl. You are my little sidekick. My favorite shopping buddy. Forever, my first baby girl. The one who made me mommy.



We love you so much. Your life unfolding is the best gift I've ever received. You rock our world Emeline Kay.

Thanks for giving us the best first year of parenting any mommy & daddy could ask for.



Happy 1st Birthday, beautiful girl.

Always,

Momma

Wanna see her growth? You can see those pics here.

45 comments:

  1. Love this! Happy birthday sweet emeline!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of these pics are amazing, but I LOVE the month-to-month updates and her 12 mo. one is SO cute with her hat! Happy Birthday Emeline:o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suck a lovely letter. A very happy birthday to Emeline! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful letter. Happy birthday, Emeline :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet post and WHAT a sweet girl! Happy birthday Emeline!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! What an amazing day! I love the pic of you and her and the end. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, sweet Emeline! What a wonderful, amazing year you've had:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great first letter to your sweet little lady.. Hope she has a wonderful 1st birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katie, it has truly been a joy to walk along with you through Emeline’s first year and see the sweet, nurturing, and caring home and love you have provided for her. Can’t wait to see what age 2 brings for her and your sweet family!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy 1st Birthday Emeline! Hope you all have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy 1st Birthday Sweet Emeline. I love you so much and am so thankful to the Lord for the gift that you are to all of us. You bring so much joy to everyone and I love and cherish our time together. I can't believe it has been a year already but I also can't imagine life without you. You are my "Sweet Emeline, ba ba ba, you're the sweetest little baby girl I knowww... Ba ba ba." Have a Blessed Day today and May the Lord keep you close to His heart and keep you safe. I love you so much Sweetie.
    Love,
    Your Mom Mom

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwww..... how sweet!!

    Happy Birthday, Emeline!!

    I'd forgotten that your Emeline shares a birthday with my most favorite Emma in the whole wide world (who is 6 today). Special day for special girls!

    ReplyDelete
  13. happy birthday emeline!!! What a sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. HAPPY BIRTHDAY EME!!! whaoza ONE!? she's such a big girl!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy First Birthday Eme!!!!! What a big girl. This post is so sweet Katie, love how heartfelt it is!

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a sweet sweet post. she is so cute. you are a wonderful mother and the love that you give to her radiates in every picture. i'm so glad to have found your sweet blog and enjoy reading daily!

    ps- the birthday party looked awesome!!!! great job mommy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful! I just love this! Happy Birthday to your little girl! Enjoy this day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday to the pretty little girl! :) And thank you for letting us share in your daughter's first year of life. I satisfy my "baby fever" by reading about Emeline's life and seeing her adorable pictures... Enjoy her special day!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that she'll dance anywhere! So adorable!

    Beautiful letter to your sweet BIG girl!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very sweet letter:) Happy first birthday little lady!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Whoo .. I held it together until I got to this part: "You are my little sidekick. My favorite shopping buddy. Forever, my first baby girl. The one who made me mommy." And then I lost it. Why? Because these little girls will FOREVER be our babies ... no matter how old they get and no matter how many other babies come after them. They are the first and that is a special, special place. I feel so honored to have shared some part in your first year of Motherhood journey. You are a wonderful mother, Emeline is blessed.

    Happy birthday sweet EmeKay from Lindsay and Eva.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy first birthday Emeline!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. And now I'm crying. This is so sweet and so heartfelt. Emeline is just as lucky to have you, as you are to have her.

    Happy Birthday Eme! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Me too, Lucy Marie!! I was doing SO good and then got to the "the one who made me mommy". Man, can you pull on some heartstrings. lol. It's so true though. Our first ones will forever be the ones who made us a mommy. And that's so special. I have to say, I've loved watching Eme grow. It's hard to believe she's a year! Happy Birthday, little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You are such a sweet and wonderful momma Katie. Eme is so lucky to have you in her life. Your love for this little girl shows through everything you write and do. I love it!
    A big happy birthday to you Emeline! You are such a gorgeous and sweet girl. Keep on making your parents proud :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Can I say that I ADORE that first picture!!! LOVE IT! Happy birthday sweet Eme Kay. Auntie Lyryn Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy Birthday Miss Emeline. How can it be a whole year since your mommy sent me text messages updating me on her labor? Even though I have never met either of you, I love you both and just like you bring sunshine to each others' lives, you do the same for me!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I can't believe it's been a year already!! She is such a beautiful little girl and I love watching her grow through pictures!! Happy birthday, em!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Awwww Emeline...HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY!!! Sweet little lady, you are so loved by so many!! And happy 1st year of motherhood Katie! You are a fabulous mommy!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love your posts to Emeline! They're so, so sweet! Happy 1st birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Happy 1st Birthday Miss EmeKay!

    Happy tears being shed right now!!! :')

    Such a beautiful post!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is so sweet Katie! Happy birthday little E!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Happy Birthday Emeline! I love that first picture!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Aww, so sweet. It's really been fun sharing the journey with you all this year. Our kiddos are in almost the exact same place. The corner of Monroe's top left tooth just popped through this week. I'm going to miss the cute two tooth smile, but I'm sure 3 and 4 are going to be cute too! And, we just started sleeping through the night around 11.5 months too. Can I get a Halleluiah! Mama is loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Happy B-Day EmeKay ! Looking Gorgeous Lil Girl!
    Loved every pic of this post. How do you do it Katie?
    The one of the two of you looks Perfect! adorable!
    Were they professionally done?

    Wish you nothing but blissful blessings
    For year 2 and decades to come! <3

    ReplyDelete
  36. love this. super excited i found your blog. I'm a new follower, I hope you will as well. I started my blog 2 months ago. It's all about celebrity fashion from the point of view of an LA stylist. I moved to cali last year after graduating back in the south and I can't get enough of your blog. Would love if you could stop by to see multiple post a day on all the latest celebrity fashion news. Would love your support. xoxo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. She is such a beautiful little girl! I loved reading this because she and BG are a lot alike, but it's also funny how different two one year olds (squee!!!) can be. They're such little people.

    This might not make sense but all that to say happy 12 months sweet Emeline!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. She is just too adorable! I cannot believe she is already 1! Crazy! It seems like she was just born! Happy 1 year!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love this! She is such a beautiful little girl! Happy (belated) birthday!!

    ReplyDelete