Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My first momma's day.

Last year, I spent mothers day at the hospital, laboring. Literally walking the hallway, hanging on my husband, clinging to him (or the wall) with every contraction, and wishing my baby would come out already.

She didn't make it in time last year to make me a mom ON mothers day. She decided to come 2 hours and 40 minutes after the holiday was over. I like to remember that on West Coast time, she totally was born on Mothers Day. But who's counting?

Anyway.

This year? Totally a mommy on mothers day. And I have a picture to prove it.


And that my friends? Is the only picture taken the entire day. But, the one that matters. :)

***

Thank you so much for all the birthday messages yesterday! We had a nice day celebrating her birthday, and even took her for birthday portraits. Also, thanks for all the awesome birthday party feedback. I'm working on my question/answer post. Not sure how my posting will be the next few days, as we're working on packing & heading to the beach. Between post-bday-party-mess & beach prep, my house is a mess. So is my brain.

***

Happy Wednesday!

21 comments:

  1. Love the picture. Glad your Mommies day was great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your day was great. And that girl’s eyes…they are some kind of beautiful!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wasn't it great to actually have the babes with us this year? :) Glad you had a great days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful picture, Katie! And last year you were already a Mommy anyhow. Out or in, you were her momma. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous girls! I think it goes without saying that we'll always remember our very first Mother's Day! Loved those birthday portraits, too! Literally, I can't believe how I've watched Eme grow this past year... Truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have I told you how beautiful you are!? Seriously. I'm so glad you had a great 1st mothers day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great picture of you two! By the way I didn't leave a comment yesterday but I love, love, love every single detail of your little girls party! I always sing You Are My Sunshine to E before every naptime. I will be keeping your ideas in mind when it comes time for his 1st.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful beautiful beautiful! You are simply gorgeous, and that sweet little face is the most precious thing I've ever seen! Happy belated Mother's Day to you, sweet Katie! I am so happy to have been able to follow your journey thus far :) I hope that when I have kids, I'm half the mommy you are! Happy Wednesday, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful! Both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable picture! I felt like this was my first mother's day because I was too tired to enjoy the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy (belated) Mother's Day! I loved all your birthday posts and am working with the Etsy shop to get one of those adorable hats for Jamie. Maybe you should do party planning...cause seriously her birthday looked like it came straight off the pages of a magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love! That is such a great picture of both of you! You look fantastic! And E is adorable, as always! Happy Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had to check out the outfit and your brown with black is swell! Your brown is not the overly chcolate looking color. You did well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it. Glad you had a great first Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful picture, beautiful girls. I see so much of you in Emeline's face. Glad you had a good time on Sunday and you will be missed next week (wahhhh).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad that i saw you on your very first mommy's day! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just linked to your blog and I LOVE it! Your baby girl is adorable, and your writing is fantastic (although with a zillion followers, I'm sure you've heard that before).

    Regardless, keep up the lovin'!

    -Sar

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tell me you are framing that.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the picture! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete