Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Saturday Morning Scene Link-up: Party Invitation Peek

Weeks ago these were sent out to close friends and family's mailboxes in anticipation for TODAY.


I figured everyone would be expecting an invitation from me with a photo of Emeline, from this photo-lovin' mommy. But, I figured I'd throw a curveball. Play with a little typography instead. Give them a real feel for the party they'd be attending. Oh, and hey, make them magnets too. You know, that way no one would lose the invitation. 

I made these very simply using picnik, then uploaded to Vista Print, creating the magnets & purchasing matching sized envelopes from Staples. I did it for cheap, and I was thrilled with the outcome.

So now, you know it. You can see the feel we're going for today? :) [And my recent blog designs have all been alluding to the party feel....sneaky, sneaky...] More to come....

***

Wanna link up?
1. Take a picture of your Saturday Morning Scene
2. Blog about it.
3. Grab the button and add it to your post.
4. Add your (direct) link to the linky at the bottom.
5. Jump around and say hi and see what everyone's up to!

***
Saturday Morning Scene


21 comments:

  1. I love those! My mom used to sing that song to me all the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. I am officially jealous of your creativity :) Those are beautiful! Happy Birthday, Emeline!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I almost guessed that actually :) Have fun today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love love love it! Can't wait to see more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you enjoy all of your hard work today! Super cute idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness, you are so creative! Great job, and have tons of fun today! Happy Birthday to your sweet girl, and Happy Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy *almost* 1st Bday Miss Emmeline! Hope you have a fabulous party! Knowing your mama, I'm sure it will be nothing short of amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are precious!!! Great idea!! :) & i love what it says...mainly b/c i sing that to my hubby all the time hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are really cute!! I like that they're magnetic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so cute! Happy Birthday Emeline

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE your invitations! You did a great job!

    Hope the birthday party goes so well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these invites! So adorable! Hope you all have a wonderful time today!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are very cute and very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  14. the magnet idea is fantastic! i will be stealing it.thanks

    ReplyDelete
  15. Birthdays are the BEST! Hope you had a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic.But I'd expect nothing less. I wouldn't have changed a single thing. They are PERFECTION.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those invitations are SO CUTE! And quick question, just to clarify for myself - because I love the magnetic invite idea! Did you just have the invites printed at VistaPrint and put them on magnets yourself? Or did you actually order them already on the magnet? The party pics are amazing - LOVE the photo booth idea!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE LOVE LOVE these!! Did you design them yourself or is there a place when even someone like me, could purchase them?? :-)

    ReplyDelete