Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

The spillage of my brain.

Here on vacation and I'm feeling like I need to dump my brain a bit. Why? Who knows. I'm sitting around the kitchen table right now with all my in-laws, surrounded by waffles, pancakes, sippy cups, and copious amounts of coffee. It's pretty grand.

The weather has been pretty crap here, though. We get random bits of sunshine here and there, and when we do? We run outside like it's nobody's business to catch a few rays of it. I'm about 99.9% I'll be coming home paler than I left. I may be getting another spray tan when I get home.

For the record? I'm a huge fan of spray tans. They used to suck, I'm sure. I've seen that Friends episode. But nowadays, they are so much better. My sister and I have done them twice in the last month and we both looked like we just came home from a long tropical vacation. When in reality, we just got sprayed for 2 more like 30 seconds. It's pretty awesome. And I'm not a fan of the whole tanning-bed thing. I used to do it in high school, and now the thought of it makes me shudder. I have a child to live for and don't need to sit in the cancer box. Anyway. Don't send hate mail.

Our pool here is heated, which means the little kiddies can go in and not have the breath taken out of them, or get blue-iced lips. Emeline loves the pool, so she's thrilled. She told me. Okay, okay. Her smile told me. But again, we need sunshine to make all this vacationing a wee bit better. Luckily a little bit came out yesterday and we did enjoy some poolside time. The forecast is looking decent for today, too. Cross your fingers.

I've been beyond shocked and pleasantly surprised at how well my chickie sleeps on vacation. I literally thought it was going to be t-o-r-t-u-r-e. Our first two naps here involved about 20 minutes of crying/yelling, and after that? She's basically gone down without a peep. She sleeps in our massive bathroom in her pack-n-play, and we hung butcher paper over the window. It's pitch black in there, and she sleeps better than she does at home. We're talking thirteen straight hours. Not complaining, whatsoever. I'm thrilled.

My husband is the cutest and sweetest daddy ever. I realize I'm totally biased, but my gosh, the man kills me. I adore him and his relationship with our baby girl. I do feel super blessed.


Oh and humidity, water and pool time equals CURLS for this girl. She is so my daughter.


We went to a lighthouse yesterday, and when we got there we realized we weren't able to take/carry/wear either of the babies to go up in it. Which, was...uh....annoying. So, a bunch of the other family members went up and The Ones With Kids went out for a Mexican food lunch instead. It was (in my book) a win all around.

I brought my scale on vacation. Which I'm sure is breaking some Vacation Handbook Rule somewhere. But, I'll have you know that I'm so sticking to my Weight Watchers, and honestly? Not really at all having a problem doing so. Will I lose weight at my next weigh in? I don't know. But on Monday when I weighed in I had lost almost 2lbs. Heck to the yes.

I spent two hours catching up with my sister-in-law, Lyryn in the hot tub last night after the kids were in bed. I do not advise anyone to sit in the hot tub for that long. You will resemble a prune when you get out. You will feel loopy and woozy. Just saying. Consider yourself warned.

And because I can. A family picture.




23 comments:

  1. So glad you're having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So... how exactly does the spray tan work? I have never done it before. Do you get sprayed by someone or a machine?

    Also, I just sold my tanning bed because it scared me to to lay after having children. It is a cancer box!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for warmer weather! Enjoy your vacation! Sounds like you're having a wonderful time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so want a beach vacation. You must be having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like yall are having the best time!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you get lots of sunshine! The dark room thing you mentioned is going to motivate me to work on curtains THIS weekend. I'm making curtains for the new room and have been contemplating lining them with blackout fabric....and am so doing it now! Kirsten's been sleeping like crap, maybe we need to go on vacation too?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that curly hair! I can't wait to go on my beach vacay next year!!
    Oh...YOU LOOK AWESOME!! You make me want to try weight watchers again!!
    I love the spray tan too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds like you are having a blast... :) love all the little tid bits about the vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great family pic.. you my dear look fabulous by the way.... and the curls.. too.stinkin.cute

    yesterday was VERY humid here and I noticed E getting some curls in the back, I may have shrieked in excitement because everyone knows baby curls are the cutest.

    I hope the weather turns for you guys, and you get some full on sunny days

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm goin on vacay next week and super nervous about following WW! I go with another family and help with their kiddos so I'm not in control of food choices, but I'm going to do my best!! Tempted to bring my scale!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought about getting a light spray tan done before our February wedding, but since I'm sooooooooo fair, I decided it would probably make me look orange and didn't do it. Plus, it's never a good idea to experiment right before your wedding... Haha So glad you're having a good time despite the yucky weather!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A heated pool? Be still my beating heart!

    PS- Love that family pic--you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm hoping the sun decides to make an appearance for you!
    ...and... it's a little sick that you brought a scale on your vacation... but I get it! It's SO easy to over do it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Minus the lack of sunshine, it sounds like an amazing vacation.
    I've definitely had that funny feeling after spending too much time in a hot tub. The pruney feeling isn't my favorite either.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the family picture and the headband! Super cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahhh....beautiful family on a beautiful vacation!!!

    Bliss.....:) Fingers X for wonderful weather and rays of sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your family is just too cute! I am sending sun rays your way so that the rest of your vaca is perfect, I am sure it already is though :) Enjoy the rest of it, and also I LOVE the new look!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hoping for some better weather for you! And yay for a well sleeping baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like you are having a great time! I am just returning from vacation myself!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So glad your vacation is going well. From the photos everything looks lovely.
    I love the new blog style as well. Very fresh and beachy

    ReplyDelete
  21. glad to hear your having a great time on vacation. Love the pictures

    ReplyDelete
  22. My E gets a few curls when she's all hot and sweaty. But I totally don't think they'll last :( Yet one more thing she got from her Daddy.. stick straight hair!

    Glad you're having fun on vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. looks like a wonderful time and so glad to hear she is sleeping so well!

    ReplyDelete