Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

Tidbits from the week

My kitchen table is covered with birthday goodies upon goodies. Sugary, ooey gooey, delicious, baked-to-perfection goodness. All.Over.The.Table. It's times like these that I'm so glad I possess that rare quality of having no real desire to 'eat as I bake' per say. Although, I will admit to taking a bite of the crumbled white cake during cake-pop-making. It was divine.

Tomorrow I'll be doing Saturday Scene...even though I won't really be present. My mind will be at and absorbed with the fact that we're celebrating my baby's first year of life! Surrounding her with so much love! And Cookies! And Cake! And Family! So, I'll be very much absorbed in that.

However. I will be posting a picture of her invitation tomorrow. Which, definitely, definitely gives a real feeling of what her birthday party is going to be like. So don't miss that. Then, hopefully? Monday will be chocked full of the birthday pictures, finally giving you a full picture of my vision-come-to-life. Or, well, I pray it does, anyway.

Just how crazy is it that this weekend I'll be celebrating my first mothers day as a mommy? I mean. Amazing. And last year? I will never, ever, ever forget Mothers Day. One, I labored & labored & labored my arse off trying to get my sweet girl OUT in time for me to celebrate my first mommy's day with a babe-in-arms. AND? It was also my mommy's birthday, too. May 9th. I'll never forget it.

But? She came 2 hours and 40 minutes AFTER the holiday was over. Probably because she's a wee bit stubborn, and also because she wanted her own birthday, apart from her Mom-Mom. So, thus little May 10th baby. However, I try to remember that on west coast time? She was totally born on Mothers Day. Just sayin'. Mothers day for me last year? Was totally a labor of love, for real.

See you tomorrow to link up? I think so.

I'll leave you on this almost-birthday-girl note. Because? I can.

 
Pssst, in case you were wondering, Birthday Hat is from here. She was great to work with and even matched the hat to her little party dress I had made for her. I highly recommend :)

12 comments:

  1. So so sweet! I love that hat. Cannot believe it's first birthday time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have the best weekend ever, and Emeline of course! Happy birthday party and happy Mother's day...can't wait to see details on Monday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her legs ... there is something about chunky baby legs that just ignites the uncontrollable 'omg, i could eat those up' comments out of me!

    Have fun @ her party! Praying the weather is nice for y'all!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I randomly came across her site yesteday looking for a baseball themed party hat! If you are ever baking and need a taste tester? I am your girl as you ice and dip the deliciousness in icing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your weekend! Happy Birthday to your sweet girl and Happy Mother's Day to YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope tomorrow goes better than you could ever imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i hope you have a wonderful weekend celebrating both Emeline's birthday and Mother's Day. She is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a wonderful day tomorrow! I'll be there in spirit :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAVE FUN!! Can't wait to hear about it! Thanks for the hat link. Very cute. Happy Birthday to Eme and Happy Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to see all the birthday details. I hope you all have such a fun time tomorrow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a bittersweet time! I hope you all enjoy celebrating the birth of that beautiful little girl!

    ReplyDelete