Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Letters.

Dear Etsy,

It's been a nice ride, but I'm pretty sure I'm done with you. You see, new things going on in my life really just won't allow time for my shop anymore. But don't worry, I'll still make some pretties every once in a while, and for special people who ask extra nicely. But my little shop with you? Will be no longer. I think I'm just done. Burned out a little, I guess you could say. 

It's been good, buddy.

Don't worry, it's not you-it's me.

***

Dear Me,

Yes, you. Stop being so hard on yourself. You're wearing jean sizes you haven't seen in years, yet you still poke and prod at your body, wondering when you'll get to a final, happy place. You get upset when the scale doesn't move. But, you've done good. Stop being one of those girls you hate. 

Suck it up, and enjoy being a thinner you. Stop being so stupid.

Love, 

A 35lb lighter you.

***

Dear Jillian,

Your Shred DVD's are pretty good, they are. But, my God, Level 2? I have so many names I wanna call you, but I'll withhold. 

I do, quite literally, feel like dying at certain points. I'm pretty sure that you even say in the workout that we should feel like dying. At least I know I'm right on point.

My new-found muscles will one day thank you. 

-A very sore, me.

***


Many people call you a time-suck. I say, so what? It's pretty fun to have a place to store all other people's your ideas in one place.

Plus, it's one of those fun time-sucks. The kind that you can shut down at any time, leave for days on end, and then come back to as if you've spent no time apart.

That kind of time-suck? Is my favorite.

Thanks for being there when I need you. Your pretty pictures make me smile. 

Love,
Pinning-till-midnight

***

Dear friends who have just had babies,

Your sweet, little, squishy newborns are killing me. I'm literally, lying dead, flat in the grave right now. Your wrinkly, adorably sweet babes slay me. My uterus is aching, and I'm not ready yet, dang-it.

But, oh how those mushy, tiny babies are making me long for another. Except that whole being pregnant and gaining back the weight thing. But the end result? Gah. So worth it.

So stop now. Mmk? You gotta stop posting the pictures, and making my ovaries sing--because it's not time. Not yet. 

Pretty sure that it's official that I do not have a baby anymore. Le sigh.







































Love, 
A sappy-missing-baby-stage momma

***

Happy Monday!

22 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. Eme is such a big girl and oh so cute! Those curls...I die.

    About the weight loss. I had lost a lot of my baby weight (thank you gestational diabetes for the one good thing you gave me-reigning in my crazy prego appetite) after Monroe was born and then I put it back on during my days at home with the babe. Now I've got to lose it all over again. Can I just tell you that I joined WW in March, but didn't actually start following the program until May when I saw your AMAZING results and got my butt in gear! (Now I'm down 8 lbs too!) So, give yourself a break. You're an inspiration :) As I've gotten older, I find myself having to regroup and remember that this is real life not Hollywood and give myself some realistic goals so that I look in the mirror and smile rather than look at People magazine and dog myself. Thanks for encouraging me with your persistance and success. Now, I'm starting to like what I see a little more too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these!!! I am sad that your Etsy store is closing! I never got around to ordering!! Maybe I can hit you up for something special for a little someones first birthday?!

    And on the weight loss! Shh...you look AMAZE! Seriously! Skinny! I know the feeling though. I hop on the scale every morning and on the days it doesn't budge I get PISSED but I have to remember that I'm making progress and THAT is good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, she's a little toddler now! Look at those cute curls. What a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at that beautiful walking girl!

    And? I haven't made it past Level 1 with Jillian. I lose interest...or get strep...or something else, so then I have to start all over. But. Do you not want to smack her for saying "phoning it in at the gym" a million bajillion times? :) Happy was the day I realized I could mute the TV and play me some Britney.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am one of those people who called Pinterest a time-suck. CalleD. Past tense. Because, dude. I LOVE it. It's a disorganized, full-of-ideas-that-fly-out-of-my-head girl's dream. Planning a party/getting ready to move/starting summer with your preschooler and don't want to forget the best!idea!ever? Pinterest is genius. Hmmmm. You may have inspired me to write a Pinterest post.

    Also? I skipped the Shred again last night. Tonight. Tonight I am starting over. I mean it. Popcorn and a movie will not be my first priority two days in a row. Ahem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I'm sad that your shop is closing! I need/want more headbands. I guess I'll have to ask nicely :) And girl? I know your pain for level 2. Its a killer but honestly I've never felt better! I might be in love :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post was so cute. I was sad too when Aiden turned one. But two is better. Imagine her walking up to kiss you, give you a hug, and even saying, "I love you!" and everything else she says will be hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. O girl.. every time Emmaline accomplishes a new thing, and is a bit more independent.. my uterus screams out... use me please!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hate to hear your shop is closing, but I totally get the reasons. If I ever have a girl someday, I know who I'm turning to for cute stuff.

    I haven't tried the Shred, but I've been doing P90x, and omg, it kills. Don't be hard on yourself. You look amazing. I've been stuck at a plateau for months. Driving me insane.

    I love Pinterest. But I'm pretty sure you've seen that.

    Um yeah. She's not helping my "let's wait a bit" plan either. lol.
    Eme is adorable. Love those curls.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no!! You closed your shop! P to the Oop!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok, I'm not going to lie, I feel a little scared with your Etsy shop being down! lol What am I going to do when my bestie and SIL have their baby girls later this year? lol Just kidding, I'll forgive you ;)

    This post made me smile hardcore (after the tears about Etsy, of course!)!! You have such wonderful things going on for you right now, yay! and hello, enjoy Eme being little while you can. I say this because my oldest is going to be TWO on wednesday, and it makes my eyes get prickly every time I think about it! I swear he just turned one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha this made me laugh! Don't be hard on yourself, you look super awesome! You are totally my inspiration for post-baby weight loss! But I do agree that Eme looks waaay too grownup walking around like that in her little shorts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so sad that you're closing your shop! I was hoping I could find some extra cash in my budget to purchase one someday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What?!? I don't even have a baby girl and am SOOO upset that your shop will be closed. Maybe when my next baby, that shall be a girl, comes around I can nicely ask you to make some for me?!? Petty please with a cherry on top? And? If the next one isn't a girl. I will rip his goods off so he will be one ;) Me needs a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a great post! I totally agree about JM Shred It! I actually think the third routine is easier than the second! Well, sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. right there with you on the weight loss girlie. i like to stand in front of the mirror and pinch my stomach flab. nice huh? what is wrong with us?!?

    love that eme. she looks way too big just toddling around like that though!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am also telling my skinnier self to shut up...I moan and groan about the flabbiness that insists on hanging around and now...I'm just going to try and enjoy where I am. Sometimes you have to give yourself a break right?

    As for the 30 day shred thing...I'm a weirdo who thought level 2 was easier that 1. I felt like there wasn't so much jumping around or something. Oh well...I should probably get that DVD back out haha. I never made it to through the entire 30 days.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sad you are closing your shop. I was hoping for more grown up options. Guess I'm gonna have to get crafting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. The fact that you're closing the shop makes me feel like someone has ripped my heart out.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I ALMOST bought that top at Kohl's but I opted for a different one - ha! So cute!

    And 35 lbs?? That is SO awesome girl!

    I'm avoiding this whole pinterest thing...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Say a prayer I am starting Level 3 today! The first time I did Level 2 (and for about 2 weeks) I also felt like dying and then last night I could just do it. I was miserably tired and dripping in sweat but it was manageable so keep it up...it really does get a smidgen easier...35 lbs is incredible and your 'walker' is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I got my sister one of your headbands and she liked it so much that she was going to order some for her friends when you opened for more orders. This is sad news that you won't be opening back up :-(

    ReplyDelete