Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

One of those downright, all-around-good weekends.

Weekends come and go by so flippin' fast. Many of us are victims of the how-is-it-Monday-already syndrome. I know I am. Often.

But every once in a while a weekend is just so good on so many levels, that, it's kind of--well, fulfilling. You know. When all your plans are just fun, family-based, nice weather, plus a little me-time, and relaxation. A go-with-the-flow type feel. That was this weekend was for us.

I am not a weekend-recap-gal, and you know that. So I won't tell you about the fact that Friday night? Declan and I went on a very, very overdue date. Where I dressed up, felt pretty, swooned over my hubby, ate delicious food, and topped it off with a little FroYo. I won't sit here and tell you all about the adorable 1st birthday party we attended for my nephew, or that during Eme's wonderfully long nap on Saturday I snuck away for a much needed and oh-so-rare pedicure. I won't bother to mention that my toes are a sparkly red, and my nails are a sparkly nude. Just because. 

Oh, and don't worry, because I won't go into details about the Kids Festival we attended Saturday evening, where friends of ours adopted a sweet puppy, and where we met up with an Aunt & Uncle we haven't seen in way.too.long. Or about how we drove around endlessly looking for a place to eat dinner with my family, and after many failed attempts, we ended up at the cutest and quaintest little place and had such a fabulous meal. Followed by ice cream. 

But? I will elaborate on our Sunday afternoon, via photos. Because, it was so much fun. The park, swings, a mini-kiddie playground, and a walk through the woods, around the pond? So gorgeous, and such a perfect end to the weekend. 












Sigh. And now, after a weekend like that--it makes facing the week a little bit easier.

***

17 comments:

  1. Katie you look AWESOME!!!!!! What a fun weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my gosh i love that pic of Eme peaking out of that playground window! so adorable!! looks like you had a wonderful weekend lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a lovely weekend indeed! Eme is just growing so fast

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously could she be any cuter?! And you look FABULOUS!

    PS I missed SMS this week! Stupid blogger isn't updating your blog in my reader. Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look amazeballs. And that kid of yours is too stinking cute..!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. once again, your pictures are amazing! Love the last one in Declan's sunglasses...

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW- the pics are great-- you are very talented..
    love the last one :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the triptychs of you guys tossing Eme up and love the self-portrait in the reflection of the sunglasses. Sweet ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The picture where you captured the drool is too cute! Amazing that you caught that! The rest of the pictures are great too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now I see it! Great pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. mama you look hot! sounds like a perfect weekend. looking forward to some summer play dates once school is over :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the photo of Eme pointing. So cute! Glad you had one of those darn good weekends :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love her precious little pants! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These were so cute! And can I just say that even if this WAS a recap? I would've still read and loved it. :) Sounds like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. that second photo ... did you manage to capture a drop of drool? that's awesome. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like an awesome weekend! Love it when you can face the week feeling refreshed. :)

    ReplyDelete