Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Thankful Thursday, a hodge podge.

I'm thankful for sleep. Yea, you heard me. Sleep. I've been getting pretty good rest for the last two'ish months, and it makes me happy. I'm so grateful that Emeline (at 11 months old) decided that sleep was pretty awesome, finally. The last two months have been really good...I guess she's just making up for the 11 months of horrid up-every-two-to-four-hour garbage. Better late than never, I say.

I'm thankful for baby gates. While I hate the way they look, they do make my life a little bit easier. Living in a 3 story townhome with lots and lots of steps and an active child means it's necessary. Also? I was able to lock her out keep her in the living room while I mopped the kitchen floor yesterday. She peered through the gate and watched me like a hawk, but? She wasn't at my feet. Win.

I'm thankful for the bath. Especially after she insists on feeding herself her yogurt now.


I'm thankful for a husband who will do The Shred with me. Some nights, I'm whiney and begging not to do it, and most of the time? He's the one who kicks my butt into gear. When he went away last weekend we missed a few days, but we're back on, and started Level 3 last night. I can tell a difference for myself, but not really sure if other people can. 

On the same sort of note, I'm thankful for Weight Watchers and the way in which it's transformed my life. Not trying to be cheesy and lame, but after six months and over 35lbs lost? How can it not? It's been a good source of consistency in my life, and I'm grateful to walk through this weight-loss journey with my sister.

I'm thankful for the lovely year of happy-headband-wearing we had. Because headbands, and heck, even clips when she notices---are a thing of the past these days. See for yourself.


I know, it breaks my heart a little, too.

***

16 comments:

  1. I'm surprised she wore headbands as long as she did! That picture of her pulling one off is priceless. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had a lady tell me yesterday how awful I was for putting a headband on my child and how I am doing such harm to her. I actually just wrote about that today!alongcameeleanor.blogspot.com People are crazy!

    She is so cute, at least she let you put them on her for a little over a year, most babies rip those things off as soon as they figure out they have hands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's just so cute. Even yogurty. Even pulling her headband off. :) She tolerated it longer than some babies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look how cute she is all covered in yogurt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The headband picture is hilarious. Noah refuses to wear hats now too.

    I'm thankful for a husband that makes me laugh constantly and for AC. It's so ridiculously hot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe, well, guess you had a good run with the hair pretties, right? KP is starting to notice & pull hers out too :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm jealous of your sleep! I kind of figured it would happen for me this way.. since she slept through the night right away :)

    LB stopped letting me put stuff on her head as soon as she could yank it off!

    Love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so jealous of anyone who says they get a full night of sleep. I'm no where near that.
    And you did have a good run with the headbands. Give it another yr, and she'll be back in business. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. The day that BG decided she was done with the bows and clips was a super sad, sad day.. :( But now she takes them out and tries to put them back in so maybe someday she'll leave them in again?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's a doll!! I know how you feel about the baby gates - i have one for my dog! HAHA! It was actually hubby's idea & i hate it b/c it's ugly... but it does keep him off the carpet when he's dirty or out of the den when he's being annoying. And when i'm mopping the kitchen floor & i can put him on the other side? A definite plus! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm thankful my son thinks it's fun to "play" in his crib. Otherwise I don't know how I would ever get out the door on time in the mornings!!

    And I'm thankful for payday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, I totally fell off the Shred wagon and haven't crawled back on yet. Sigh.

    Also, I'm hoping that G follows in his girlfriend's footsteps and starts sleeping through the night. Anytime now would be great.

    I'm thankful for your blog because you always remind me I'm not crazy (either that, or I'm not the only crazy one! ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  13. The pic at the end is great! W used to wear hats with no problem which was great for TX sun! Now---off as soon as I can get it on him!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm thankful for the adventure we're about to embark on this weekend.

    PS-I totally feel you about the headbands. I can't even get my kid to keep hairties in her hair!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lungs that work. Gym memberships. A healthy happy baby. A wonderful marriage. That I get to live side by side with a man whom I adore. Hope.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Im not sure how I came across your blog, but I am so glad I did. I now read it daily. I wanted to say thank you! I now have joined weight watchers after seeing your success and it really is easy. So thanks again for helping me--even though you really didn't know you was :).

    ReplyDelete