Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

Time is a gift, right?

Oh, last night.

I can't remember the last time I've had such a difficult time getting Emeline to bed. 

I was also doing it alone, since Declan had left for a weekend trip last night. Honestly? I want to roll my eyes and say, IT FIGURES. But I will withhold. 

So, it figures (there, said it) since I was alone without my partner-in-parenting last night, she was a bear. 

Refusing sleep. Literally, refusing.

I did something I never do anymore at this stage & age, but I went up and got her. She came down and hung out for a while, as I haphazardly watched Real Housewives of NY aka: a bunch o' crazies, and downed Tums for my had-been-all-night-upset stomach.

And I'm not gonna lie. I was frustrated. I was annoyed that I was doing this alone. I was ticked off at the irony. I was just wanting my over tired child to sleep. And I didn't feel good, at all. And whine, whine, whine.

Before you want to slap me for being so silly, don't worry, I eventually snapped out of it. 

Because the truth is, it wasn't that big of a deal.

So I got more time with my girl...great. 

I just need to keep life in perspective sometimes. Things are good...no, great. 

And this little girl? No matter how many times I had to get her out of her crib, no matter how many times I was dying to get her to sleep forgoodnesssake? Lights up my life.


How could she not?

**

Have a fabulous weekend. I'll see you tomorrow to link up for Saturday Morning Scene. Mmk?

17 comments:

  1. It's always a little tougher when you can't tag team during a time when you usually could.

    Love the photo collage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often deal with it myself because my husband often has to travel for work. I think you're right, I just have to think of it differently.
    The pictures... lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eme is just too sweet. I can definitely see why she lights up your life! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, when Lily is fussing in her crib, I usually just go get her. I don't even bother with trying to get her back down because it's more frustrating to do that for 30 minutes than to bring her down, play, and have her peacefully fall asleep on her own a little while later. Like you said, it's more time with her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, she's grown up so much lately. She looks like a *gasp* toddler to me. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too funny--my blog was super similar today. I definitely think that time is a gift sometimes, and sometimes, it's easier not to fight it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ethan was the same way last weekend when my hubby was out of town. I swear there is some sort of growth spurt at the one year mark that the books don't tell us about!

    ReplyDelete
  8. agree. constantly reminding myself, that THIS IS WHAT IS IMPORTANT. Sleep can wait, your baby is only your baby once.
    xo
    KATY

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of the roughest nights I ever had with Zoe was when Brad was at a football fantasy draft party. I called him SOBBING asking him if he had any idea how to get our baby to stop crying. She was 1 month old...he was even more clueless than I was. Great move on your part to stop and get your heart/mind back into perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww what a wonderful collage! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was the story of my life last night! Ellie didn't want to go to sleep and I didn't feel well and I get to put her down alone without any help amost every night :( It was a rough night and needless to say this momma had a good cry after she finally got to sleep! haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had a thought about the no-sleeping, but those pictures knocked it out of my head. She's so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I too, get frustrated at all the anti sleeping we seem to be encountering in my house, but I try to keep a good attitude about it. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haven't had a chance to sneak to your actual site to comment in a bit. First I wanted to say how happy I am for you that you get to stay home with your girl. I know that when I was getting close to heading back to work last summer, I was so anxious because I couldn't stand the thought of leaving my boy and letting someone else spend all day doing what I wanted to do. I had to do it for about 2 months until I found a position at my hospital that allowed me to work weekend nights. It's definitely a trade off in spouse time, but I wouldn't trade my time with him for anything. That being said, it can be exhausting sometimes and sometimes I could really use a bit of me time too. So, I can totally relate to being frustrated when Eme wouldn't go to sleep (especially when you didn't feel good). Sometimes you just have to cry "mercy" and give in. Hope tonight was eaiser!

    ReplyDelete
  15. glad she finally went to sleep for you lady :) i ended up getting my E for a bit too and letting her lay in bed with me. sometimes, you gotta do what you gotta do :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. She is so cute! Those big blue eyes are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete