Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Fleeting Thoughts.

*I've had a lingering headache for a day and a half now. My brain is not capable of putting together a well written anything right now. Therefore, fleeting thoughts.

---

So, the headache? Is because I've attempted to quit caffeine for a few weeks cold turkey. As in, I took out my morning coffee (shoot.me.now) and also my two fixes of coke zero throughout the day. My body hates me for doing it, thus the wrecking-ball inside my head right now. Literally, no medicine even remotely touches this headache. 

Going to bed with said headache, and waking up with it again? It's like the worst thing ever. I realize, this is like withdrawal for a drug addict. (Awesome. Referencing my caffeine addiction to a drug addict now. I guess it IS technically a drug, yea?) But still....this headache will be the death of me. 

---

I've been looking for a tablecloth for our kitchen table to help protect it. It's starting to get rings from glasses, knicks and dings. So, I've been on the hunt. The problem is, my table is square. NO ONE HAS SQUARE TABLECLOTHS. They have oblong, oval, and circle. That.is.IT. 

So yesterday I came home with a table runner instead. 

Declan sees it when he gets home, and the conversation went something like this:

D: What is this?
K: A table runner.
D: I know that. But is THIS supposed to protect the table?
K: Um, yea. Yea, it'll protect the table.
D: Just HOW do you expect it to do that? I think you bought it just for looks. 
K: See? I can put my..uh...water cup on it, instead of on the wood.

Explanation followed up by a hearty-eye-roll from the husband, and then the dreaded How much was it? question.

This whole situation could have been avoided if they made friggin' SQUARE tablecloths. Just sayin', manufactures. JUST SAYIN'.

---

I feel like I haven't taken photos in forever. Because, I guess I haven't. Well, its been a few days at least. If it wasn't so hot and humid (literally, when you walk outside it feels like the sun is slapping you in the face), I'd be all over that. 

But, let's be honest. Right now? Staying in my air conditioned home just feels a lot better. I'm pretty sure I heard something on the news about there being a heat warning or something. So that means to stay inside, right? (Right? right?) Or lay besides a pool? Or in a pool? Since I don't have a pool, then I'll stick with the former for now.

---

I may have just motivated myself to get outside and take some photos today. The verdict is still out on whether it will happen or not, though.

---

I've been contemplating a post with about a million (not quite) questions that I have for YOU. Things that having multiple people answer would help bring clarity. You know, like helping me with decorating decisions, or kid-related questions, and a What Would YOU Do type thing. Now that I type it out, it sounds like a horrible idea, doesn't it?

Okay, pretend you never heard me say that.

---

Wishing you all a wonderful, headache-free day. I can assure you right now that I'm bearing all the headache-woes for the whole world right now, or so it feels.

Happy Tuesday!


22 comments:

  1. I have a headache that I went to bed fighting too. And it's a doozy. I did have a Pepsi yesterday, so I think mine's from the heat. And stress. I blame everything on stress. I've tried to quit caffeine 930580 but that drug's got a hold on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was supposed to say 930580 TIMES. Obviously I haven't had my drug of choice this morning yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully your headache subsides soon! It shouldn't last more than 3-4 days :( I know, that's mis. But maybe sneak a coke back in there? Perhaps, wean yourself rather than quit cold turkey? LOL. Been there, done that. I love my classic coca cola WAY too much! I went 34 days. That's good right? Like one chip for AA members? LOL :)

    I feel you on the tablecloth thing. We have a square outdoor table on the deck.. NO TABLECLOTHS. So angered. Really. I mean, how hard is it to make a SQUARE tablecloth..

    Hmm.. you have a sewing machine.. ;oP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, I hope your headache goes away!
    I started the day with no caffiene and then ended up caving and getting a diet coke :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ughhh, I HATE caffine eadaches!! I hope you kick your habit soon! I need my morning cup ;)

    Why don't you make a table cloth? You're crafty, I bet you could come up with something fabulous! If you're like me and can't sew (atleast not well), that iron-on hem stuff is the bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your headache subsides soon!!!

    I *just* saw square tablecloths the other day. If I can remember where, I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry for the massive headache! Caf. headaches are the worst (yep I abbreviated b/c I cannot spell that darn word) I have wanted to stop drinking coke zero and sweet tea, but I am soo addicted! And of course I dread the headache!!! Hope it goes away very very soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katie! Feel better:o( It is really good you are trying to kick the "drug" habit though, lol-Seriously! I am super picky, so I have never enjoyed coffee, but I will say I try not to have anything with caffeine as well (because of a BAD history of kidney stones!) Keep at it! Also, I was dying with the dreaded "how much was it" question from the hubby. I can totally relate;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooooh, the "how much was it" question... I hate that question.

    Sorry about the headache. I've never really been addicted to caffeine, but I find myself slipping into the habit lately. When I think I'm getting addicted, I tone it down. Drink lots and lots of water. Hopefully it'll help?
    Good luck! Before too long, we're going to see you on one of those WW commercials looking all fit and tone and stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Giving up caffeine in the midst of the freakin' hottest part of the summer? Have you lost your mind? Yes, you have? Okay, thought so. Could you make yourself a square table cloth? I think you could.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They don't make square tablecloths? Really? That's so strange! I never knew. Do you have a sewing machine? I bet you could make one super easy with any fabric you wanted.

    And I love the idea of a questions post. I think it's a great way to connect with your readers and get to know them a little bit more. I say go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. linentablecloth.com has square table cloths. Mostly solid colors. I haven't order from them, so don't know how well made they are.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, so sorry about your headache. You should have gone decaffeinated first! Yeah..it's not cold turkey but at least gets rid of some of the caffeine.
    I think they sell square tablecloths on Amazon. Might want to check it out. Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've seen square tablecloths at Cost Plus World market before! You could also get an oblong one, chop off the end to make it square and hem it up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It sounds like a great idea to me! A heck of a lot better than the ghetto questions post I just put up. Ugh.

    My condolences on the caffeine. I had terrible headaches when I gave it up to TTC. Just the SMELL of Pepsi made me crazy. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We have humidity times like 1,000 here in north florida. it's ridiculous. Zoe has a water table that I've only let her play with once because I can't stand being outside...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've always made all my own sheets/curtains/towels/napkins...and...tableclothes! I'd be happy to make you one. Just go to Hobby Lobby pick out the fabric, mail it to be and you'll have one within a week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I USED to have a square table so I feel your pain in trying to find a square tablecloth. Have you considered making one? I'm pretty sure you could pull it off ;) And that SOLE REASON is why this time around we bought a rectangular one. SO much easier to find a table cloth for. Good luck on your hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just an FYI.. we have a round table and avoided table cloths. We had a glass company come and measure our table and create a piece of glass to protect it. Best decision ever!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ahhh! I gave up caffeine about 7 years ago (I would drink a bazillion cappuccinos at work) ... I remember the AWFUL days having the SAME headache!
    Feel better soon! (And I vote for staying inside! IT's too hot!!)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sorry about your headache. Giving up caffeine cold turkey is the hardest! I've done it several times...it takes a few weeks for your body to regulate and the headaches to go away completely. Hang in there!

    We have a square table too and it DOES suck that no one sells square tablecloths or square rugs. FLOR is the only place I've found that makes square rugs. Lame.

    ...and lastly, I've been slacking in photos too. I hope you got outside for a bit today to take some pics of your sweet little lady.

    ReplyDelete