Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

A friday afternoon post. Wicka-what?

I'm having one of those heart-burst-it's-so-full moments RIGHT this second.

So much so that I just have to write because its practically spilling out of my pours. I mean, if I'm being honest, these moments/days don't come enough. I have no idea why, but lately it just hasn't been a rainbows & butterflies-type-feel around here. 

But, that needs to change. And it's starting with today. 

Ohmygosh YOU GUYS. Today is such a great day. 

First of all, I'm sure I'll get eye rolls because I'm mentioning it yet again, but--I am so freaking happy about the weight that I've lost. I've spent way too much of my life being uncomfortable with my weight. I cannot tell you how freeing it is to just feel so much better about myself. I mean, truly. When I was heavier and I'd read blogs about people who lost weight, I was always secretly jealous and so badly wishing it could be more. But, I'd let myself get too focused on the END result that it would literally stump me and trip me up from ever making the p.r.o.c.e.s.s. or the steps.

And this time? On January 3rd, 2011 I made a decision to take it one itty-bitty step at a time. I didn't look at big goals. I did small, shorter-term goals. Which ultimately led me to where I am today.

Down 43.5lbs. FOURTY-THREE. I am a mere 3.5lbs away from my (final) goal weight. Do you know how good that feels? I mean, so much so that I kind of want to shout from the rooftops.

Even *I* didn't really think I could do it. But yet? I did. And I'm just proud of myself. That's a hell of a lot of weight, and I just feel so much healthier. I'm equally (maybe even more so) proud of my sister, Susan and oh so thankful for having her by my side through this process. She's lost well over 40lbs, too! I mean, hello, weight watchers---Do you need any sisters commercials? Because we are SO your girls.

Here I am today, down 43.5lbs since January.
And you know what? You all have been a huge blessing and encouragement to me through this entire process. TRULY. When I think about it, I kind of get a little weepy and emotional because a lot of you have truly encouraged me and spurred me on in so many ways. 

Your kind tweets, emails, and comments--all of it has played a part in my weight loss journey and I mean it. It's been both motivating and uplifting, and I will always, always, always do my best to pay it forward in that regards. 

Smooshy hugs all around. Mean it.

Wow, this totally wasn't meant to be all about my weight loss, because I kind of swore I wouldn't post much more about it until I hit my final goal, but...eh, it happens.

I just feel full. My heart is full, in so many ways. I'm just grateful for this life I have, and my family, my husband, my sweet daughter, and my church. There are things I could let bring me down, but today? I'm not gonna let myself go there. I like this feeling, and...I'm happy. 

***

So how's that for a random Friday afternoon post? Two posts in one day--what is the world coming to? :)

37 comments:

  1. Brag away...you deserve it...that is a great accomplishment! Congratulations! You look FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Shout it from the rooftops, celebrate your joy, and share your excitement. Because that is one huge accomplishment!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look AMAZING. So petite and slim!!

    You go girl..you rock that bod!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SHOPPING TRIP!! :):)

    You really look fantastic. I'm so impressed! Congrats, girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look incredible! Small, simple goals are the way to go. I get way too overwhelmed and it's so much easier to break it down. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you should brag all you want. That's a huge accomplishment and it's something you should be uber proud about. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So excited for you!!!!! You look great and I am so happy you have posted about it. It has kept me motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! This is exactly the thing that inspires ME, normal every day chicks who can stay on plan and lose (aka not JHud because she has a chef and trainer). You look amazing and this gives me hope this will be me soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look absolutely amazing. And yes, there is something to be said about motivation but YOU did all the work, my friend. Congratulations!!

    And YAY just for FEELING so good! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is wonderful!! 3.5 pounds is nothinggg compared.. you'll have that done in no time!! You also look GREAT... I personally am at 32 pounds now, and I totally feel you on this! BUT.. I have alot more to go to get back to my goal weight.. it is very hard and kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shout it from the rooftops!!!!! You've done such an amazing job!

    Truly, you're an inspiration to me. Over the past 6 years, I've lost 100 lbs. However, reading your WW journey is what got me motivated to start WW and push for my final 40.

    So...... can you please (with a cherry on top) do a few days of what you typically eat? I'm curious, lol. My WW is steady, but slllloooowwwwwwww.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look absolutely amazing! Congratulations girl :) You have every reason to be so proud of yourself!! Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you look FABULOUS! And you should be so proud of yourself!
    I SO want/need your motivation. I like what you said about taking little steps, because I too get hung up on the "BIG" picture...
    Keep posting on how well you've done! I love reading about it! It's SO inspirational!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome job!! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. amazing! thanks for being such a great motivation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. As always an inspiration to me -YOU- :-) YOU LOOK GREAT! Congrats! And look at you go girl...two posts in one day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look amazing. I can't believe how quickly you've gotten so tiny. That's seriously awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look amazing.

    If it weren't creepy, I'd post your pics on my mirror to motivate me in October after I have baby #2....

    Oh and don't worry. I'm not. :)

    Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Girl. You look AWESOME! Congratulations and soak up the seeping out of your pour feeling. Nothing like it! have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. you look awesome. but you know that ;) and you should!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations to you! You look amazing...and more importantly, I'm glad you FEEL amazing! Your dedication has certainly paid off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I LOVE your happy! ;)

    You should be shouting from the rooftops and bragging all you want. You look wonderful and I bet your happiness, shining from within, makes you even MORE beautiful on the outside.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You look FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! way to go girl! I would like to lose maybe 10. I need to check out some weight watchers too. You SHOULD be so proud of YOU. You deserve HAPPY! HOORAY!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations!!! You look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW!!! You are slim!!! Congratulations. I really like reading your blog.
    How many points a day are you allowed to "eat"? And is it possible that you write down what you eat on a day?
    I wish I could lose so much weight...hmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  26. You are an inspiration Katie, congratulations on all of your weight loss success you are truly an inspiration! So much so, I signed up for Weight Watchers online this week. I am determined to make this thing work this time because I want to lose enough weight to a point where i am healthy before my husband and i try to get pregnant for the first time. I love your progress updates and I look at them for motivation often. Thank you again for being such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You look amazing! Don't be afraid to blog about it either!

    ReplyDelete
  28. My heart bursts for you! Forget the 3.5 lbs you look AMAZING! Never more Gorgeous, which is saying alot because you have always been stunning! Emeline is lucky to have a mommy who sticks to her goals, you will be a great example for her : )

    ReplyDelete
  29. You look AMAZING!! Over 40 lbs in about 6 months?! That's fantastic!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am so envious of you. My mom and I want to join Weight Watchers.. I am guessing you suggest it. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  31. What an accomplishment. You ladies should do a Weight Watchers commercial because I'm thinking I should seriously consider signing up. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh you totally deserve to brag! That's a huge accomplishment and you look absolutely fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow that's awesome! Since I am new at reading your blog, I didn't know you had lost so much, but that is truly awesome and you are motivation to me once I have this baby and can get rid of my baby weight.

    I have days where I am so over counting calories and working out at the gym, but at the end of the day feel so much better about myself when I do. It has really been hard being pregnant and watching yourself gain weight and nothing you can do about it!

    Keep up the good work :)

    Laura
    laurasblondemoments.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I recently found your blog and love it. I started weight watchers online, today. I have about 20-25 pounds to lose and I feel overwhelmed. The plan seems confusing to me but it's day 1. Reading this post is inspiring and I want to feel good too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Just so you know, next March when I'm allowed to lose again I WILL be bothering you. Oh, and I'll be stalking your posts for inspiration again :-)

    Congrats, you look amazing. I would love to be comfy in shorts. That's like my main goal next year...to not hate shorts so much I don't own ANY!

    ReplyDelete
  36. hi there- looovvveee your blog!! and way to go on your weight loss....such an accomplishment and so wonderful to feel so happy, eh?

    ps - i could re-read your post about wearing so many hats a hundred times over. so.very.true!

    ReplyDelete