Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A girl can dream.

There are so many things swirling around in my brain right now. So many, indeed. When I go a week without really writing (just basically posting photos)? It just gets kind of stuffed somewhere in my head, hence why writing it out is much better for my sanity. 

**

This past week was pretty awesome. There is something about the feel of the beach that has so much ease and just has a slower pace. Not to mention, the air, the breeze---it's all just good for the soul if you ask me. All of this fluffy rainbows & butterflies aside, I'm also convinced that a real vacation, one where you can truly let yourself relax consists of leaving your children at home. I know, that sounds horrible--but, once you do have a baby, everything just seems to revolve around their schedule. They still need things done for them constantly, therefore relaxation doesn't really happen much

Don't get me wrong. I absolutely adore my time with my daughter, making memories and such--but a vacation just me and my husband, on a gorgeous island, with a butler & a chef, unlimited drinks (with no calories), while laying on some white sandy beach? Sounds a heck of a lot more relaxing. Just sayin'.

Let's not hold our breath until THAT scenario happens. A girl can dream, right?

**

I don't run. I've never really been a runner. I highly admire people who run and secretly wish I enjoyed it or that I really COULD do it. It's been over two years since I've gone for a run of any sort. Sad, but true. 

My older brother is a runner though. He hasn't always been one, but he's worked his way up running lots of miles at a time and he even ran a 15k this past weekend. So, at the beach? He encouraged me and my sister to try running and that he'd be happy to run with us.

We griped, and complained, and whined like no other. We can't run. We suck at running. We'll have to stop after 1/4 mile. DO YOU REALIZE THAT WE DON'T RUN? Wah. Wah

Well, we ran a mile. An entire mile without stopping. And look--I realize that is laughable to a lot of people, but my goodness, that was a serious accomplishment to us.  I'm not going to lie and say I loved when my feet smacked the pavement, and that I felt all liberated and free and garbage like that. I hated every minute of it. But? I still did it. 

Maybe if I keep at it, I'll learn to like it? A girl can dream.

**

I didn't lose weight on vacation this time. In fact, it appears I gained about .6 (thats point six) pounds or so. So, I've pretty much been stuck at the same weight for the last few weeks/month. It's getting annoying, but I'm also trying to enjoy the fact that I felt 100x less self-concious this year at the beach than last. And that I didn't have a gut that overhung my pants. Or that I'm wearing jeans five sizes smaller than last. I think that's a hell of an accomplishment in a year (or really half a year rather since I waited till January to start doing anything about it.)

So, a scary last year (6 weeks postpartum) picture comparison to this year. The weight difference here is close to 50lbs. Yikes.


So, the last 9'ish pounds I'd like to lose is going to drop.right.off, yea?  Um. Doubtful. 

But a girl can dream.

***

Happy Tuesday!







34 comments:

  1. Um... you look amazing! Absolutely amazing! I hear you on the wanting to run thing. I keep thinking that if I make myself run, I will somehow enjoy it... it's not happening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, what a difference between last year and this one. You look amazing and have done such a fantastic job, good luck with the last little bit. It's definitely a tough course but you are on the right track.

    I try to run and try to make myself do it and love it, but truth is...I HATE exercising, any kind. Plus, it's so difficult to take time away from the family at night when I am gone all day too.

    Maybe you'll surprise yourself and love running. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing.

    I hate running, but now when I actually do it, I feel soooo good. I used to be the girl who would try to run around the block and have to walk after 4 houses. Now I've done 2 5ks, but with a mix of running/walking. This fall, I'm planning on doing one running the whole way. I'm getting there. :)

    Still praying for Eme! Hope she's all better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great. That is amazing what you accomplished in half a year.

    I hate running also. One of my goals is to start running, work up to do a 5k, and I'm hoping to begin to like it too....as you said, a girl can dream. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That comparison picture is just amazing! You have done such a great job and you look wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think theres one person who just loved running the first time they started. & really the whole thing is a love hate relationship :) but I'm proud of you! One mile straight is NOT easy!! :)

    I tell you this all.the.time but you look amazing! Really I tell you so much I creep myself out haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look fantastic.. you sure did work hard, and its paying off!

    Nothing like a side by side pic.. to remind you of your hard work... however I think for only being 6 wks PP you look pretty great in the first one too

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww you've come so far! You look amazing! Don't let the scale for those last few pounds get you down. You probably gained muscle! Muscle weighs more than fat! :) you ran a whole mile your first time?! That's awesome! I was dying just running like 500 ft the first time! Lol I am so not a runner either!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always comment how gorgeous you are and I mean it-GORGEOUS!! And I agree, you need a vacation after "vacationing" with kids!

    Running 1 mile is a great accomplishment!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree about the vacation without kids would be more of a, ummm well vacation! I also love my kids, but I feel like taking the whole family somewhere, packing... can be work. Onto the next, you look A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!! Like seriously, wow!!! Go you :) I love to run, but I sure loathed it in the beginning, so keep trying and you might like it or even fall in love with it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look so happy and confident!!! Just gorgeous!

    I'm with you on the running. Not really a fan. I try to run..... and, was doing ok last Fall... but haven't really kept it up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to be a runner. But with my hip, I can't. I mean, I could, but then I'd cripple myself, which would make carrying my many children up the stairs sort of difficult.

    So if you start running and get awesome legs? I will hate you.

    You look fantastic, anyway. Makes me YEARN for not being quite so postpartum.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look AMAZING!! I am jealous that I can't look like you do. It's just so hard for me to lose weight, PERIOD! I can't believe I am still like 40 pounds overweight since having my son {14 months ago}. It makes me sad to look at myself in the mirror. I need to get my butt in gear so I can look good and feel good again!

    Congrats on your huge accomplishment!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hear you on the no-kid thing. This year was the first year we did our 4th of July traditions with two kids and it was awesome and totally sucked all at the same time.

    Maybe you don't need to lose nine more pounds and that's why you are hitting a plateau? I know nothing. Just completely guessing because you look so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look amazing girl!!! Those pics show off just how much hard work you have put into it! And running an entire mile without stopping...so proud of you. I am right there with you on hating running. Don't worry about those last few pounds...your body might be telling you that you are perfect at that weight.

    PS. I also wanted to tell you what an encouragement you are each and every week. Especially in the weight loss area...I am thinking about doing WW now because of seeing your great results!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look great, Katie! Congrats!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look fantastic! And yay for running! I have a lot of friends who hated running in the beginning but now are more like your brother. :) Keep it up! You may find it's your passion one day! I admire runners so much!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Perhaps you will be entering the Avalon Triathalon next year with this new found love of running??

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look fabulous! You are totally my role model for after this baby is born.

    And I just don't understand how people can actually enjoy running. My mind can't fathom it! haha

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, you look great. You lost so much weight,you can be proud of yourself (you surely are!). I wish I could lose some weight,too..oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ok..so first off, reading/seeing pictures of your weightloss totally inspired me to take a long hard earnest look in the mirror and start doing something. So, thanks. Secondly, I've been working out like a DOG for the past month and I still refuse to run. I abhor running...and I'm pretty sure that I can't run a straight mile. Actually, I'm positive I can't.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You look wonderful! I'm still holding onto those last 10 lbs! (TWO years later) I took up running last spring and ran my first 5K that summer. Coming from a fellow nonrunner...you can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nothing wrong with a kid less vacation. I'll take Eme! :) Its healthy just to have alone time with Dec!

    Just looking at the pictures, makes you look even smaller! you've come a long way Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats again on your weight loss but um... you were SIX WEEKS after having a baby in that shot girl, cut yourself some slack!! :)

    You do look awesome.

    And great job on the running. If you do keep at it you MAY find that you like it. I'm just sayin'... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. You look AH-MAZING! And don't sell yourself short, running a mile {for a non-runner} is seriously an accomplishment. On top of that it was your vacation, that deserves extra points, right? Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  26. well, I think you look AMAZING!!! You can clearly do anything you put your mind to :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I've aways wanted to be a runner. It seems like the thing to do around here. I hear you about running a mile non-stop. That's serious. A couple of years ago I trained for a 5K (finished and never ran again, but that's another story) and the first mile was the hardest hurdle.

    A vacation with kids is not a true vacation. I learned that lesson too. It was fun to experience new things in new places, but there was no sleeping in, staying out late and generally doing whatever you want. I was hesitant to leave my baby, but hubs and I went to a hotel downtown for our 4th anniversary last month and it was AMAZING! We ate dinner and talked, we went out for a few drinks and heard a band, we slept in, we went to a waterpark and rode whatever we wanted. I missed my boy (we may have checked out the kiddy section first thing at the park), but I cannot wait to do it again! And, for anyone who thinks that's mean, my husband and I felt so close after those 24 hours, that's a good thing for my son.

    By the way, you inspired me to finally follow (8 weeks after signing up) the WW program and I just hit 11.5 pounds. Nothing like your weight loss yet, but I'm starting to get compliments and it feels so good. I even inspired another girl to sign up because she said she could see results. So thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Even though I don't have kids, I can see the idea of a true vacation is leaving them at home. I don't think that's bad!

    But those pictures you have that show last year to this year, wow, you look amazing! I put back the donuts this morning because I was thinking about how much better losing weight will be than eating that donut. That made me think of you, so thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, you look AH-mazing mama! It will come off... just keep working at it. Once you get down to the end it seems to take FOREVER. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  30. BABE!! you look FANTASTIC!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Seriously amazing progress! I'm going to have to reread everything you wrote about WW again next spring :-)

    BTW, I do run from time to time, and sometimes I get in the groove for a few months. It's hard to build up the endurance! A mile is BIG deal for a non-runner. Hell it's a big deal for me after I've stopped running for a season and try to get back to it. Don't sell yourself short. BTW, if you can run a mile, you can TOTALLY be a runner ;D

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh my goodness you look AMAZING! Well done Katie. I'm 8.5 pounds down since I joined Weight Watchers and I'm pretty sure I'll be coming back to use this photo as inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete