Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Stuff about (p)hotography.

You already know I don't consider myself a Photographer. But, I still have to share with you a few things-because, I LOVE photography (gee, you think?), and am continually learning.

Remember last week? When I mentioned that my photo got into the top 30 in The Paper Mama's photo challenge? Well, you all must have voted because...I made the top 10! No, I didn't "win", but I got 6th place out of 305 submissions. And honestly? I'm both shocked and pleased with that. Totally. So, thank you.

Also, I realized that I never really did share with you the maternity photo shoot I did for my sweet sister-in-law, Kesh this past week while we were on vacation. This is her 3rd pregnancy, and after two little girls, she's pregnant with a sweet baby boy. We're so excited! 

She has never had any maternity pictures done, so my little brother (who is excellent with the camera) and I tag-teamed. All of the photos I'm showing you are shot and edited by me. 

This was definitely taking a big leap of faith for me. I've never really done something like this before--but I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out, but, um--I was working with a pretty gorgeous lady so she made it easy.

Here are a few:







Happy Thursday!

30 comments:

  1. Those are adorable. I think your pictures are pretty amazing, you might be ready for that capital P in Photographer. I always love looking at your pictures and they always look amazing and VERY professional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures! You seem to have the hang of this photography thing! I always enjoy seeing your pics. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the full one of her in the chair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Katie! These look 10x better than a few people I know that call themselves real Photographers and charge $100+ an hour. Don't sell yourself short. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shots Katie! You definitely have a talent. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First off congrats on #6! Also LOVE these pictures. Purple was the perfect color for her to wear. I think they are even more special because they are your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are gorgeous! She's such a beautiful pregnant lady! These make me wish I had taken maternity pics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with SassyTimes. These are so much better than a lot of pros I've seen out there. How do you know when you're ready to call yourself a *P*hotographer?

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are great! The "baby brother" picture is my favorite. Also, 6th out of 305 is fantastic, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so awesome! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those look fantastic! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They all are amazing! I would have you take my pics any day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous Katie! Every one of them. They will always treasure these. And you are definitely a Photographer!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are beautiful pictures. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You did a great job! Your family & friends are lucky to have you to do this for them. They're priceless, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE!! these photos! I especially love the second one in the chair. Perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow! AMAZING pics!! I'm trying to get into photography...what kind of camera do you use? What program do you edit your photos in?

    xo,

    Dani

    new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful, beautiful pictures. And congrats on the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome job girl!! Beautiful photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations! 6th place is fantastic! You always take such beautiful photos. If you lived closer, I'd hire you myself. Very nice job. =)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Seriously, these are amazing. Beautiful. Stunning! You really should consider going for the 'P'hotographer status. EmeKay Photography :) You would be wonderful at it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. These pictures are great, but I think you left out the best one. At least the best one of me. Oh well, it made a great Facebook profile pic. Thanks again, Sis, you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are great Katie! You truly have an eye for this.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love these photos! You really should start considering yourself a Photographer with a capitol P because your stuff is amazing! I'd pay you to take photos of my little one without a second thought! Either way they're beautiful and congrats on #6!

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are stunning! I don't know, I think you ARE a Photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What beautiful photos. You did such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love these. They're so classy, but still really capture the feel of the bump. I want to get some done before I'm done wtih my baby makin' days.

    ReplyDelete