Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

It came! It came! My camera came!

I just feel so much better with a huge hunk of camera in front of my face. It feels....so....homey. And I am finally, finally feeling that again. You don't even know how weird it was not having a camera at my fingertips for the last three weeks.

Honestly? My iPhone didn't do my life justice (sorry, it's true), not to mention my disk space on my phone clogged up like 3290381 times. 

Needless to say, I'm so glad to have a hunk 'o camera in my life again. 


A few of you have asked about what I ended up with camera-wise. We decided it was time for an upgrade from my little old-faithful Rebel XS, and now I have the Canon 7D. I'm ridiculously stoked about it. And have so much more to learn, even. I mean, yes--a dslr is a dslr--but there are a lot of new things on this camera and I can't wait to mess with it more.

I need to dig out my old Photography class lessons from my college courses, for real. I have some brushing up to do.

I also have started to save my pennies, sell old things I don't need, and whatever else I can do to save up for some new lenses to pair with her. Luckily, my other lenses all work because my previous camera was a Canon too. But, lenses are as addicting as tattoo's :)


Anyway. I'll leave you with a few pictures, because--I can.



It was about time I get to show some nicer photos around this place again.

***

Happy Tuesday!

21 comments:

  1. YAY! You got your camera! Love the pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos like always. So glad you got your new toy finally :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures! The subject tends to be pretty darn cute herself! Glad you got your camera back! I would be lost without mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pictures! Seriously, the picture is so clear, I can see the dust particles on my computer screen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure how to leave a comment on your lose it tab. But you look AWESOME! I need to get going and get rid of this extra baggage!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WooHoo!! :) I'm looking forward to my little man getting here so I actually have something to take pictures of.. :)

    PS Love your new header!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pictures! I want a DSLR so badd! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at that sharpness! Beautiful!

    Like I said, I'm extremely jealous...mostly because I don't ever see us having enough cash on hand at any given time to upgrade to a full-frame camera!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh, so jealous!! I'm excited to see lots of pretty pictures on the blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you have your right hand man back! I'm jealous. A Canon DSLR has been on my wishlist for as long as I can remember. One day it will be mine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! Happy it came! I love the pics and the new blog header :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woohoo!!! Yay for the new camera. The pictures are amazing. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks good on you girl. Rock it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. YAY for you!!!! Gotta LOVE a new camera! Can't wait to see the amazing pictures you crank out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can't wait to see all your new pictures...i'm so glad it finally arrived!

    ReplyDelete
  16. yay!! The pictures look amazing--as usual!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Katie you have the best hair! Do you use a flat iron? I love all the braids and wish I could do them on myself. Maybe you should vlog a "How To" tutorial. Love the pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So excited to see the new pics with the new camera. I just worked up the nerve to ask my hubby for a lens for Christmas...not because he won't give it to me, but because I'm afraid I won't know what to do with it! =) Enjoy the new toy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the new camera and the new setup on your blog...:) I got a rebel 1 month ago and I looove it...Love your pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. yay she's here! Yes I just gave your camera a gender. glad to see pics up on the ole blog!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I recently found your blog and have been following as our girls are about the same age and I love all your posts. I too have a Canon and was wondering what your favorite lens is and if you have more than one that you prefer?

    ReplyDelete