Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

Miserable sprinkled with some good. Some awesomeness, really.

The last two days have been miserable. Emeline has been burning up, running high fevers off and on. She hasn't been sleeping....even remotely, because of this.

I have been a mom-zombie. I'm so tired that I can barely even work up the strength to lift my coffee cup to my  mouth. I'm not even kidding.

There is something so sobering, and so...so...sad when you wake up to the shrill screams of your stingy-hot-feverish child. Literally, last night her body temperature was so high, it was stinging me. All she wanted was to sleep on me. Or be with me. We were up at 4am watching Friday Night Lights in the living room, that's how little sleep has been.


We're doing the motrin/tylenol dance, the warm baths and last night I even tried a cool wash cloth to help bring her body temperature down. I honestly don't know if we're fighting a virus, or something as simple as a tooth--but whatever it is, I'm kind of over it.

Oh yea, and yesterday was our anniversary, but you knew that. Honestly? I probably would have forgotten since I am in a sick-baby-delirium over here, but my husband? Yea-that guy. He rocks. And so he did this little diddy where he put little post-it's all over the house in random places with reasons why he married me. It was insanely sweet. It was definitely a bright spot in my otherwise crappy day. I think there were a total of 16 notes when all said and done. 

I had to laugh because one of the last ones I found was on Emeline's door. I had been in and out of that room a few times already before I even noticed it. Out of it much? I think so.

Since Declan and I scheduled a late anniversary/2nd honeymoon trip to the Keys, we kind of wanted to keep our anniversary celebrating kind of simple. I insisted to Declan that all I wanted was to go to dinner out someplace...exchange cards...and that's it. (Honestly? I was shocked that we still had willing parties to babysit our sick child, but we're blessed!)

We snapped this in the car right before leaving the house.
You know? He abided, but of course he took me to a freaking gorgeous restaurant, on the water, in Philadelphia. I probably would have been happy with On The Border (I know, I'm hard to please) or BoneFish. But, no. He likes to go all wow-factor on me.

Including one of those desserts where they write on your plate. Um, I'm not even kidding when I say that I've always wanted one of those--but he never knew that. I may have squealed a little when it came.



When we got home and had heard from my mom that Eme had already woken up once crying, I knew...I just knew it was another precursor to our night. 

I was totally right. But despite the suck that is dealing with a sad, sickie-child--my husband truly does know how to make a girl feel good.

Now, if you'll excuse me. I need a nap.

**

Happy weekend!

{SMS will be up tomorrow.}

25 comments:

  1. I'm glad you were able to have a night out and i hope she starts to feel better soon. hugs, hang in there mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, poor baby and poor mama!! But happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys look even cuter than usual in that picture. And you know how adorable I think you two are.

    What's up with our kids getting sick on our big days? Your anny and my last day of vacay? B-O-O. And why can't we live closer so that we could at least hang out in misery together?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy you were able to go out for a little while to celebrate your anniversary! You have such a good man! Hope Eme feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. poor poor Eme. I hpe today is 100% better! And I'm glad you two went out :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about the sickies, but it's great you still got to have a great anniversary! The post-it note idea is so cute and I'm sure it was a nice boost for your day. He's a keeper! Hope the little one feels better ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww I hope Eme feels better soon but what an amazingly thoughtful husband!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor baby girl. I hope she feels better soon and that you are able to rest up. What a great treat for the two of you to be able to go out to celebrate! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those stickie notes are seriously the sweetest thing ever. I love him and I don't even know him! Happy anniversary!

    Praying your little one is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Katie, I'm so sorry little one is sick. High fevers are the worst, I can't stand it when they get all floppy baby on you and they just can't even muster being their active little selves. Have you tried putting some rubbing alcohol in her bath? I have heard that it can help lower a fever, but I don't know why or how accurate that is. Hope she gets better soon and I am glad that you got away for a quick date with the hubs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary!

    Sorry Emeline is sick but glad you still got a little date in.

    Yay for 2nd honeymoon trips, how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sorry you've been going through some bad times. :( But happy anniversary!

    Have you tried putting her in a tepid bath? I used to run insanely high fevers (like regularly 105-107 etc) when I was little, and the only thing that brought them down was sitting in a tepid bath. I HATED it and cried the whole time, because the water, while body tempature to the non-sick human, felt ice cold to my hot skin, but it worked. My poor parents. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are fighting the same battle around here. No fever, but definitely waking up multiple times a night to those shrill screams. It hurts my Mama heart :(

    What a wonderful anniversary! I'm glad you got to have a night out with your sweet hubby in the middle of your craziness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad you guys had some time just with each other on your anniversary!

    I'm also sorry about poor Em...that is so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Anniversary!! Looked amazing!! Hope Emeline gets better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Momma, I totally feel your pain and the need for a nap! Our little Charlie has been acting that very same way this week - it's be awful! In fact, the other night, we were up 5 times between midnight and 4 am. Hang in there - Mommy's are the best medicine for oour lil cutie pies!

    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Anniversary! ...and, umm...you look amazing still, even sleep deprived.

    I hope Eme feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow. The post it notes are amazing. Sorry eme is sick...I hope she feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's not fair that you look that gorgeous being so sleep deprived. So sorry to hear baby girl is sick, but I'm glad you were still able to celebrate. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really hope she's feeling better soon AND that you get some rest! You guys headed to doc at all?

    ReplyDelete
  21. He is sweet.

    I hope Eme feels better!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I feel your pain! LB JUST got over a fever -from MMR shots/tooth/switching to whole milk? a miserable week indeed! But? It will pass! And you will get to sleep again! :)
    *I hope she feels much better soon!!!

    How sweet is your husband?!!
    Looks like a wonderful night! (minus sick lil' E)

    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Momma!

    I'm so glad the hubs did not disappoint for your anniversary, sounds like it was exactly what you needed.

    And hang in there, we all know how days like that go and sympathize with you. Hope Eme is feeling better soon and sleep is back ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So glad y'all got to get out for a little while and have some "you" time despite the sickies. Hopefully she gets to feeling better soon. We went through what sounds very similar a couple of weeks ago. She had three bad days and was back to normal after that.

    Have a great weekend hon! Love the new blog look!

    ReplyDelete
  25. So, I'm still going to need Declan to give my Hubby some tips for next year's anniversary. The post-its are the sweetest thing I have ever seen. Ever. I mean it's the little things in life that really get you, right? Glad y'all enjoyed the anniversary. Hope Eme has let you get a little more sleep last night and that she starts feeling like her usual happy self!

    ReplyDelete