Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

Monday bullet points.

-So my camera bit the dust for a very sad reason. Luckily, it wasn't some devastating fall or anything like that, but--I put a broken SD card (I had no idea) into the card-reader slot, causing it to bend a pin or mess up something with the reader. The cost of the repairs isn't out of this world, but for someone like me who has already been eyeing up upgrades for a while--I just take it as a sign I'm ready for a new camera.

A sweet blog friend of mine is likely taking it off my hands, paying for the repairs, and will likely get some good, happy years out of that beauty. I love that camera. She's my 'ole faithful.

-But, on that note--it's time to move on. I'm giddy with excitement over my upgrade...and she's in the mail to me as we speak. More on that later.

-Oh this past weekend? Definitely had it's up moments, for sure. We had a great girls night out to celebrate Lyryn's birthday. Besides, it's always fun having a night out to dress up and look all pretty.

And, you know...take photos in parking garages.

Or in elevators. I guess I was channeling my inner Kelle Hampton.

It was a blast if you couldn't tell. Oh, and run over and tell my sister-in-law, Lyryn happy birthday. Today's the day :)

-So last night was fun. Cue sarcasm. Apparently 8 straight days of ear infections/virus/teething wasn't enough for my sweet girl. Yesterday she was getting cold-like symptoms. Okay, I can deal with that--except, it sucks for her so much because she's so sensitive to even a small virus, getting inflammation, then it causes breathing issues. So we woke up to the screams of a wheezy baby last night, gave her a breathing treatment, and luckily she slept the rest of the night.

Her 15 month appointment is this Friday, and I have lots of things to talk to the pediatrician about. Being a mom is no joke, that's for sure.

-This week without my camera should be....interesting. I guess that means I'll have to actually, you know...write blog posts versus post pictures. Hopefully the ideas will come to me. Do you have anything you wanna hear about? Just curious. 

-Oh, and one last thing-just two months ago I bought Declan the Nook Color with high hopes he would use it. And sadly, he really doesn't. So, we're selling it. It has barely been touched...we have an anti-glare screen on it, a really nice cover with magnetic close, and the box & accessories. We're selling it for $200 including shipping. I have a few people semi-interested. At this point, it's first come, first serve. Email me: LovesofLife@hotmail.com  **sold!**

On that note...my coffee is calling, and so is my weekly work meeting. 

Monday morning hugs to all.

17 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear about your camera upgrade!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wanting a new camera so bad! Details on waht you get! xoxo tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the new blog look!! this is the first time I have seen it I am way behind and all you girls look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm laughing at the Kelle Hampton reference, bc as soon as I saw it on Lyryn's blog, that's who I thought of. :)
    These were great. Can't wait to hear about your new camera!! Secretly jealous, but still very excited for you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear ya girl on the ear infections. Ethan has his second one of the summer and I'm pretty sure it's because of the multiple teeth he has coming in.

    No sleep for us this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Katie! I am a "new" old follower. I first found your blog last winter, then I lost some of my bookmarks, but now I found you again- not through Googling by the way :) Anyway, you look amazing girl!! It was really neat to come across your blog again and see all the weight you have lost! I am just starting my weight loss journey. Your blog will definitely be a source of inspiration and motivation! I joined your site through Google Friends, so I won't lose touch again :)
    Your blog & your girl are adorable- thank you for sharing a little glimpse of your life with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That totally happened to my camera too! I got it fixed though, it was only a year old. (Although I kind of wish it wasn't fixable so I could get a DSLR!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the shout out girl! I'm glad you are part of my life!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the elevator shot! Can't wait to hear about the new camera and see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will trade you 5,000 gummy bears for the nook. Deal?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Katie!

    Again, I'm sorry to hear about your trusty camera taking the plunge! BUT it sounds like you have a nice replacement on it's way :)

    I'm also sorry to hear that Emeline is still sick. It does seem like when they get sick, they are quick to get something else. I am SO dreading the winter months and all of the dreaded colds that come with it! My son Ryder was born in November and poor thing seemed to get it all once I had him in daycare his first year.

    It sounds (and looks) like ya'll had fun on your girls night! I miss the days of going out, and am overdue for a girls night

    Laura
    laurasblondemoments.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a great girls night out!! I couldn't tell you the last time I had one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The elevator pic is awesome - love it!!! And poor E...I'm so sorry she's not feeling well - sick babes are the worst:( Hope she starts feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE the elevator pic! Such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE your dress. Please dish where you got it! And you're looking very good lady! I know you were struggling with that "google search" crapola, but you have nothing to be ashamed of of worried about. Unfortunately when we use word that trigger those kinds of searches, it can be disheartening -- however, think of the many women that may have found your blog and are inspired to lose weight because of you. I see it as a way to be inspirational, and you ARE! Have a blessed day hon!

    cami

    ReplyDelete
  16. You girls are adorable! What a fun time and such great pics. :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Totally jealous of your camera upgrade!

    ReplyDelete