Pages

Friday, August 26, 2011

Umm....yikes?

So we have a hurricane coming our way. I know we're inland a bit, but we're definitely in the so-called areas of extreme/high weather conditions this weekend.

I'm not gonna lie, it can be a bit scary thinking about it all. I never would have cared all that much prior to having a child. But having a little person in my care? All my responsibility? A little different, and definitely adds a level of worry.

We aren't in evacuation territory, but it seems as though we are looking at extreme winds, loss of power for god-knows-how-long, and of course, torrential downpours/flooding. We'll see what actually happens, because you just never know what'll end up going down or if the storm will head out to sea. We're in the Sunday AM red area.



If it's quiet around here, you know why. A lack of power, a potential loss of cell phone service--oy ve. This could shape up to be a long and quite interesting weekend, as I also have a little nephew who was expected to have arrived by now. 

So, keep all the people in harms way in your thoughts & prayers---and I'll see you on the flip side.

xoxo

19 comments:

  1. They were saying on the radio that the pressure change from a hurricane can induce labor so perhaps your nephew will be born this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. stay safe!! thinking of all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. stay safe friend! thinkin about yall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are praying for you guys for sure!
    Hang in there!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, it's barely missing us, but Brad stocked up on water and flashlights and all that, just in case. We both went through Hugo as kids (and it wasn't supposed to hit us), so he's all Mr. Prepared these days. I do think having babies makes you worry a little more. Like, if we didn't have Noah? I'm not sure Brad would've bothered with the water and stuff.

    Praying yall stay safe! And pray we don't blow away (I have a birthday party to throw, dangit!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're in the same zone; I didn't realize you were an easterner! At any rate, we're close enough to the shore where all kinds of things are shuffled around at work, but the general masses (in my area) don't seem to be fazed. I guess we'll see how it goes... good luck! (And hope you have lots of stuff to make grilled cheese - that's my rainy day favorite)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am praying for all of you! My brother is in the hurricane path too! Praying.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck!! I'll be thinking about you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I HATE when the power goes out. No computer, no tv, and once my cell phone is dead- no connection to the outside/internet world!
    I hope you are all safe and prepared! In KS we don't deal with the hurricanes but tornadoes. I use to go out and watch them, now with kids have to stay home, in the storm shelter in the basement and wait it out. Its a lot less fun but having kids change your outlook on those types of things! Do you have extra supplies just in case?
    I have heard that the pressure changes can cause labor so hopefully it will work for your nephew to come into the world SOON!
    AND PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't let your power be out for to long (because you have all the power in the world to make it NOT go off! ha) because what will we all do with no twitter and blog updates?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Take care - hope you all stay safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you stocked up on supplies, i keep seeing pictures of empty store shelves. Crazy! My parents are in NJ and they don't seem the least bit concerned. I don't get it!!

    Stay dry and keep that baby girl safe :) Praying for the whole coast...

    ReplyDelete
  12. its so scary. My prayers go out to your fam and everyone else's!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my! Let's hope you just get some good storms to fall asleep to! Thinking of you...in a non creepy stalker way...in a I hope you're safe way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH, girl! I'm from Louisiana, so i've been through a few (Andrew, Katrina & Gustav)! We evacuated for all but Andrew! So i know how it can be, especially not knowing how it will go. I know everything will be okay, but will still pray for you & yours, of course!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Did you all feel the earthquake at all on Tuesday??? I heard it went all the way up to New York!

    ReplyDelete
  16. that little nephew needs to arrive NOW!!! seriously, what's the hold up little buddy!??
    hows your little gal feeling? hopefully on the mend?

    ReplyDelete